Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, I'm so sorry to hear about the stress with Jeremy - Cassie is completely right, and gave you some very good advice. It sounds like he's making amazing strides, and good for him for telling the teacher it was too easy! He'll settle in and find his place, and hopefully he eventually gets along with her as well as he did with his previous teacher. It seems like you're all dedicated to working hard and overcoming his learning difficulties - and rock on to him for the 93% on math!

jj - I've just stopped stepping on the scale entirely for TOTM. Too stressful! It's my TOTM too, and I'm not even going there until Monday, and then we'll just SEE, lol. Days like these, just remember that the scale is a frenemy!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

bhaze, I hope you enjoy the green beans. I try to find a food new to me or try a new recipe each week. I hope you enjoy your kid-free movie night.

jjeand, so sorry 'bout your doing everything right and then TOTM takes away the kudos you deserve from it. But know that WE send you kudos for a job well done. Hopefully you'll see a nice drop on the scale when your excess water drains away. Big hug to ya!

Stacey, I have neither experience nor advice, but I send major kudos to you and your son. It really sucks that you don't have pat answers on his reading level--sounds like the teachers need better and more standard ways to measure that. I can understand your being so proud of him. It also sucks that he's not getting the recognition he deserves at school. I'm so happy that Cassie is experienced and can offer some explanation of testing criteria and pitfalls. I hope you can make it through without stress eating this weekend.

Yunalee, congrats on your success at sticking to your goals and on your weight loss!

azrunner, congrats on getting in those two miles--one green beer sounds great to me! Kudos on the baby steps--that takes courage and perseverance and will get you where you need to go.

Terri, thanks for your kudos, as usual. Congrats on your achievements for the week. I hope you continue the rest of the day with no stress and that you get a chance to work out this weekend.

Mike, I went over in carbs last night because my son had purchased alligator over the Internet. He asked me to cook the legs and DH to cook the burgers. I had already eaten dinner, but it smelled sooo good and I couldn't resist trying alligator for the first time. I went over from carbs both in the gator burger and the carbs in the cornflour and cornmeal based Louisiana Fish Fry in which I dredged the legs. But I gotta tell ya, it was worth it. Gator is delicious! Still a really nice pic of you, even though you're so much more fit now. You, too, look like a whole different person. I do not still have that cauliflower Spanish rice recipe. Can't remember how I made it--it's been a long time. But if you're interested I'm sure you could Google that.

Cassie, you've got some amusing friends--the mental health phone pranksters. LOL I love cooked cauliflower, but don't care for the texture of raw. I love that we get down to business in this thread, but also devote some time to fun. I'm a label reader at the grocery store, but I enjoy it as ME TIME. I'm so glad someone here could speak intelligently to Stacey about her son's testing. Big hug to ya on the stress eating. Great that you started the crisis thread! We had a big very heavy duty plastic container with birdseed in it. The squirrels actually chewed through the lid and got to the sunflower seeds in the mix that they love so much. Now we just let them dine with the birds to their hearts' content. Way to go on meeting your food goals! Great to see your strategy for avoiding the weekend relapses.

Canary, great job through Wednesday and fantastic job on the accountability for Thursday! Stay strong this weekend.

Quinn, I hear ya. I'd probably be brave enough to eat Rocky Mountain Oysters if it was served in low carb roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce. (Pals, just Google that if you need to know what it is-I ain't sayin'. LOL) Wow, you've done a fantastic job all week on your goals! Congrats to ya!

DH and I are going to a small social club's fish fry tonight with friends. I'll bet it's batter fried fish and french fries and I've been so good on my carbs today--gonna get ruined, I just know it. Hopefully if they have cole slaw it won't have sugar in it. I've decided to just do the best I can and enjoy the cheat without going overboard.

Thursday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1251-very good
BUT 20% over in carbs. Carb less fiber limit 25g, actual 30.5g
AND Protein goal 120g, actual only 100.5.
Got in the Omega-3
Ate two pieces of sugar free candy instead of limiting it to one piece
No low carb soft taco yesterday. Already reached my limit of 3 for the week.
Water goal 64 oz.-- not good--only about 40 oz.

Exercise fantastic: 1 1/2 miles non-stop walking at the park by the end of the week achieved Thursday. If I repeat that today, I'll earn a day off exercise on Saturday.

Last edited by Mern; 03-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I've had aligator once or twice and I did like it as well.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I just bought low carb hi fiber tortillas and thought of you .

It would be all over for me with the french fries. Seriously. Good luck tonight.

My kitchen is still torn up, so I think we're doing pizza. My first weekend challenge! If I can get it into the log now and work around it, I'll be fine.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I forgot to give you congrats and kudos on your book! I was going to post again Wed. night but then I didn't. That's really exciting. I love to write and I've always said that if I ever ran out of people and their immensely interesting issues, I'd either develop a perfect assessment measure or write books about my adventures with said people (changing names to protect the innocent, of course!). In reality, I would have no idea how to do either.

I bet you're glad this week is over, aren't you ?

Do something good for yourself this weekend and don't get hurt!

P.S., yes, go ahead and count moving and condensing piles as "working" on stuff. Heck, sometimes I count "looking at stuff!"
Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri, I forgot to give you congrats and kudos on your book! I was going to post again Wed. night but then I didn't. That's really exciting. I love to write and I've always said that if I ever ran out of people and their immensely interesting issues, I'd either develop a perfect assessment measure or write books about my adventures with said people (changing names to protect the innocent, of course!). In reality, I would have no idea how to do either.

I bet you're glad this week is over, aren't you ?

Do something good for yourself this weekend and don't get hurt!

P.S., yes, go ahead and count moving and condensing piles as "working" on stuff. Heck, sometimes I count "looking at stuff!"
Thanks Cassie I'd love to read a book you came out with!! Writing is totally a process, you just kind of sit down and do it, and eventually it starts to get better. You're already great on here, I think you could do it!

I am glad the week is over. Actually I've been working my patoot off today, but it's a good work -- stuff that has been on the back-burner forever, but will lead to a scientific publication in a couple of months if I churn it out. I love getting things like that done - sometimes you don't even realize it's been subconsciously stressing you out cause you haven't finished it yet, and then you start working on it, and it's like yeeessssss.

I'm going to work out this weekend come hell or high water!! But there is fun planned too, grilling-and-game night, looks like. And goodness, no more hurting myself, got it! I have bubble-wrap standing by.

Lol, thank you. The bedroom is ugh right now, I don't even know how I sleep there. The piles MUST go, but I am proud I pretended to organize into a "his" and "hers" pile-of-death.

~Terri
Old 03-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

So can the "his" pile be taken care of by "him"?

Yes, I know what you mean. I do about 50 pages a week of reports for my job, all in narrative style except for the test results. I can do great with that, but I have no creativity. Maybe I need to find someone with a wicked mind and I can tranform their thoughts into prose.

BTW...dictation software...almost the best invention EVER!

I have been on a posting tear today. The report I'm doing now is a very sad case (abused infant) and I keep getting distracted. Sorry for all these random thoughts! I keep jumping back to get a smile on my face .
Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Groceries are taken care of and, thanks to Mike and Mern, I bought some Naturally More Peanut Butter! (It'll probably be gone by the end of the weekend!) Sounds good on graham crackers.... lol

Hey, Cassie... I'm working on my food plan for the weekend, especially before I go out tonight! Got your plan ready?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
So can the "his" pile be taken care of by "him"?
We'll see Actually I'm fairly lucky. "He" tends to take care of the ironing, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping/mopping, and actual doing of laundry, as well as general tidying-up. I tend to get stuck with dishes, bathroom, and kitchen-cleaning duty (other than floors...for some reason I have a man that LOVES doing floors...)- and putting away clothes and separating them before laundry. I think he -may- take care of some of the pile, depending on if it's dirty or clean.

It's a sad state of affairs when you need to pick up clothing, shake it at him, and then go "Is this clean? I can't even tell..." but I may be forced to do so tonight. Company is coming tomorrow, it really can't be put off.

I would *love* dictation software, btw, but I share an office with two other people, and I can't be talking at my computer screen all day, it would be a little awkward! Someday...someday, when I get my own space....*sigh* Also, I think you're plenty creative - you're a Mom! Moms have creativity superpowers. My Mom seemed to be able to solve every problem ever with a cotton swab, some duct tape, and a band-aid. True story.

And no worries, I wouldn't want to work on that report either I come back here to get un-crosseyed after reading data reports.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

taubele ~ thanks!! i know he'll settle in & find his place. heck i did...lol. i just find it frustrating at times that's all.

mern ~ yeah i'm glad cassie has experience in that area as well it does help!

feeling very tired...lol for some reason.

i bought two sylvan workbooks today off of amazon.com one is grade 3 reading spelling, vocab, & reading comprehension. the other is grade 3 math. i bought the reading one just for the comprehension portion looks very promising. stuff like predicting what a story might be about by titles, draw a picture to match the description stuff like that. each lesson builds on the one before. gives me as a mom some ideas on how to work on reading comprehension. i hope they arrive soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.