Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Congrats on the 15 lbs. and reaching your walking goals!!! I bet you feel great! You are a champion this week!

Mike: I've had cauliflower mashed potatoes and would recommend them. Cauliflower and I don't normally get along, but I didn't mind it in that form at all. I think there was chicken stock in it, and that did help with the flavor. And wow, you have changed from your picture!!

Also, LMAO about L-arginine. Being a sex researcher (male sexual behavior) I know ALL ABOUT that stuff. The vasodilation is actually good for BOTH of your brains It increases blood flow to the brain in your head as well. It's actually really great to have it in the morning before work if you have a job that requires your think-meats, or a morning meeting! Good stuff. (Ginkgo is another one there!)

Hope: Way to go on your writing! A little bit every day, that's all it takes (and some days off don't hurt!)

behaze: Your life sounds like a fairy tale with all the animals! That's awesome. I've always wanted to visit Australia. My BF's brother is living there currently with his wife, and while he doesn't like some aspects, you sort of can't really get too upset about all the lovely wildlife.

I would never offer if I wasn't serious! If you'd like, send me your e-mail or something, and I can at the very least show you the website for her agency and you can see if your fiction fits into the categories that they work with, and I can put in a good word with her or her staff. From what I understand, they're accepting new manuscripts now, though they do expect a manuscript to be completed with at least rough editing, and they have guidelines for submission. It sounds like you've been through some of that process already, so it should be a breeze to let them take a gander at your work and see where it leads, and I can definitely speak with her about it. I'm a new client so I don't know how much sway I have, but I don't think it could hurt. And I honestly do think my name is going first because of the shiny Ph.D., haha, and for no other reason.

I want to tone down on the stress too! I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing me whine But nothing stressful to report today, just life as usual.

Thursday Report Card

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 cals every day and log EVERYTHING. M: yes, 1251 T: yes, 1,347 W: yes, logged everything, 1743 calories - there was pasta involved! Th: yes, 1,409
2) Average 30% daily protein for the week M: 29% T: 21% W: 35% Th: 25% (weekly average 27.5%)
3) 80 oz. of water daily (I am upping this goal to stay on track with my water!) M: 81 T: 83 W: 64 Th: 83
4) No weighing at ALL. I mean it. NO SCALE. M: Avoided T: No, I got on it. Was down, but mad at myself for doing it. W: No scale Th: No scale!
5) Work out 5-6 times this week. That includes twice on the weekend. I've been slacking on the weekends, and I'll probably need to get a kick to the butt by you guys on my exercise this week! M: Ugh, no. T: Yes, one hour on elliptical. W: No time Th: No
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Just made it T: Not even close. W: Yes Th: yes

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) Edit all book chapters for publisher by Friday M: No. I also just found out this is now due Wednesday. Shoot me now. T: Got a little done. W: YES Th: N/A
2) Work out short and long-term finance goals with the boyfriend M: Not yet, probably not until after Wednesday T: After Wednesday W: No Th: No
3) Organize home office files M: No T: No W: No Th: No
4) Bedroom fixing - sheets and laundry M: Ordered new sheets T: No W: No Th: Made various small piles into two large piles. Progress?
5) One hour of needlework every day to relax! M: Yes T: No W: No Th: No
6) Make efforts on hair/makeup/outfit every day (added Tuesday) T: Yes W: Yes Th: No

So, while I remembered yesterday was St. Pat's, some part of me forgot that said holiday usually involves lots of drinking and greasy bar food I watched myself VERY well and was the designated driver, so only one drink. I had about 15 small cheese nachos, and I'm pretty sure the 1,409 is generally close to the mark (though I think the entry for "nachos" on here might be for those big huge corn chips, and these were small corn chips). When the mozzarella sticks and spinach dip came to the table, I clutched my gigantic glass of water and I think I chugged the whole thing! Quickly!

Back on track today. I'm angry that I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday (going to bars began directly after work) and so I won't make my workout goal this week, but all I can do is bust my butt F, Sat, Sun and make myself feel better about it.

~Terri
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week:
1) Make it to three 530 workout classes- postponing until next week when my body isn't too exhausted
2) Run 3 miles a day- YES YES , NO yesterday climbed 110 flights of stairs for work, didn't have the energy, NO limited time got 2 miles in
3) NO Sweets and NO booze- NO booze but had a few pcs of dark chocolate hoping it will curb soon! Of course I had to have green beer yesterday!
Self Goals:
1) Take dogs on 2 walks a week- NO NO NO NO
2) Try two new recipes- Yes , NO, No, tonight!
3) Read/ tan once this weekend
4) Applaud every workout, it takes effort to go!- YES YES YES on climbing all those stairs , YES for actually going before sball

Starting weight 2/28 - 166.6
Weight last checked - 158.7

Lost 7.9 lbs!!!

Goal Weight - 130 lbs by June 2011
Old 03-18-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Mike- thanks for that article I think in all honesty its fear that I will be even more sore and not be able to run like I am and get my running goals every week. Because right now by legs are exhausted each day from running. Im hoping that maybe next week I can throw some weights into the mix maybe a Monday Wednesday type of deal. Its just hard when I am so focused on getting to that 13 mile marker and knowing how lifting affects me Im afraid my energy will subside and I won't be able to get there.

I continually ask myself why did I ever get out of working out ?!?!?!?! It wouldn't be this draining on me if i just kept at it over the past few months but that is neither here nor there I got a solid 19 days under the belt of eating right and hitting the gym so that is the first step.

Everything will come together when it should , baby steps because I am not Quiting this time!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

i'm not even going to update my goals for wed or thurs will be enough to say i didn't make any of them. wed i had parent teacher interviews & it didn't go as well as i would have liked. my little guy has ADHD, auditory memory problems, & processing problems. now good points are he behaves really well in class. his effort is amazing ever since he's been in school his teachers have said they couldn't ask him to try harder. he did repeat grade one, & at the moment does grade 4 level spelling, science & socials, grade 3 level math & math is coming along, but his reading omg. last year i was told he was reading at an almost end of grade 3 level & i thought that was wonderful. this year they are telling me it's a mid grade two level. which doesn't make sense to me. i mean last year they did have a resource class so he did get much more one on one help. however this reporting period this teacher who is filling in on a short term basis is now telling me she wants jeremy to do grade one/two reading comprehension. i'm like WHAT? she gave jeremy a grade one reading comp & i guess jeremy did it & told her it was to easy. that's my child. he wants to be challenged. he wants to do harder work. he's the one that asked to do grade 4 spelling words he keeps asking what more he can do at school. i just don't get it.

so i felt pretty crappy wed & self medicated with lets just say carbs & sugar. i won't get into the details as i don't want to tempt anyone else. & yes carbs & sugar spilled over into yesterday ~sigh~ it just breaks my heart to see jeremy try so hard & put in all the effort for the pay off to not be there. i don't know what to do. i can't afford private tutors & learning centers.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, is Jeremy of medication for his ADHD?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

hey guys i've been having a good week and keeping track with these goals has helped me alot.

also like to say i've lost 20 lbs in total yay

Fitness Goals:

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day ( alittle less than 3 cups the bottle can hold)yes!, yes, yes,yes
2. do my workout 6/7 days yes! no,yes!,yes
3. 10,000 steps a day yes (10,032), yes (11658 apox) no (7,670 aprox) but i went swimming too,yes (10,007)
4. start cal counting again, limit 1900 somewhat had home made soup that i wouldn't know how many cals would be in it, but my intake was 1425 with a guess for the soup, Tues: counted yes, but went over abit 2083 calsyes, 1,143 cals, yes 1,552
5. no fast food yes, yes,yes (but i was temped today),yes

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list took out a huge chunk of it yesterdayDid alittle bit, going to make a new homework to-do list, Weds: updated my list to invole new homework, did some WIP but didn't finish anything, more WIP
2. re-stock my food (don't have like anything atm) yes only 6 cents over 100$
3. clean up my deskno, no, cleaned about half of it,no
4. put away clean landury no, no, no, no
Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey- That sucks to hear I have several friends who have children that need more one on one help and teachers just don't have the time to give them that attention.

Hopefully she will come around and realize you have to challenge and child to get them to enjoy learning and strive harder. Hope it all works out !!

And we all have stress eat days Keep your head up!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, just wanted to throw in my two cents. I do testing for a living. Just keep in mind that testing, especially through the schools, is a one-shot deal. One administration and boom, you get your score. There are a ton of factors that can affect the results...the teacher, their familiarity and experience with the test, the relationship between the kid and the tester, distractions in the room, time of day, being hungry, being sleepy, being worried about something else, and even judgment calls that may have to be made in scoring. It is much more likely that some of these or other factors affected your son's peformance than that he lost ground. Really, the only way to accurately know his comprehension is to watch it over time. We shouldn't have to reduce things like that to a number or a score, but sometimes we have to.

The part about putting in all this effort and it not paying off sounds familiar...oh, like a weight loss journey??? Nothing, nothing, then the scale eventually drops. The same thing will happen for Jeremy. The work will pay off; it just doesn't happen on a reliable and easy to see timetable.

You may want to check with your local high school to see if they might have some volunteer tutor program. Sometimes kids have to put in a certain number of service hours and some choose that.

I'm not even going to start on eating when stressed; just pick up where you left off. I've been fighting that myself this week and must have looked ridiculous on Wed. when I went around the house yelling, "I will not eat my stress!! I will not eat my stress!!"

Please know that you are an awesome mom and you are doing everything you can for Jeremy. Just give him time, and yourself, too.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ jeremy is on a very good medication for the ADHD concerta & it does help otherwise he wouldn't be as well behaved in class...lol.

cassie ~ thank you. i would expect the test from last year to be higher. jeremy had a really good relationship with that teacher it was a very quiet class room. he did really well in that resource room last year darn budget cuts. your right the work will pay off. i will not cry at work i will not cry at work...lol.

azrunner ~ there are kids that like getting easier work my jeremy doesn't. he also gets mad if he has to miss school. i have a wonderfully funny little boy...lol.

as far as the stress/emotional eating i'm just being honest about it & moving on. i don't have to worry about ice cream calling my name as i already ate it....lol.

on a good note jeremy did get 93% on his math test this week...woo hoo.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, that seems to be my issue to, when i have junk in the house and want it gone I end up eating it to get rid of it. Bad, right?

That's great on his math test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.