Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sandi olson
Rose, I hate the seats in spin class! It's counter-intuitive, but I never take the bike with a seat that is flat or tipped downward. I always go for the one that's tipped slightly upward. Keeps me from constantly sliding forward. You'll figure it out!

Sandi
Go get a gel seat. It's worth the investment. I used to love spinning but the seat did hurt.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Sandi thanks so much for the tip! I did feel like I was sliding off a little.

Hope, what is a gel seat?... Ok I googled it and found an on line shop that sells them. I think I will order one as soon as I get back from holiday. Thanks so much for the advice!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 03-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Behaze that sounds like a horrible nightmare hopefully you're in for a better night tonight. I hate to say it but made me laugh at the creepy-crawler dance, had that happen the other week though turned out to be puppy-slobber from my sneaky boxer. I don't know how she moves her 80+ lbs so quietly but can sneak attack onto the bed without waking anyone.... wish I could be that graceful.

"Our one part time guy" he's the owner's guy so we have to tease him just a little.

Today didn't go quite as planned still can't keep much down and now because I'm dehydrated and all out yuck my weight is going up. I need to remember that its a temp increase but still feeling a little sorry for myself.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be better, have most of the day to myself so going to grab the horse and go for a ride then hopefully get a jog in with the dogs
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
thanks for your concern about my butt.
Seriously, only here on FitDay will you find something like this! ROFLMAO!!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie – well done on your and Fitday’s One Year Anniversary. Did Fitday get you anything? A bunch of roses? A commitment ring? It better not have gotten you chocolate!

Mike - thanks. I think I might just stick with the 1800 calories for a week or two and just see how it goes – yesterday I had no difficulty at all shoving that food in my gob. It’s so yummy and I know it’s healthy, so I’ll trust the nutritionists for a bit. Oh, and great news that your cheat day didn’t break the scales! Woo!

jjeand – well done on giving the smokes the flick. I’m having a bit of trouble with that at the moment . . . how are the patches working for you?

Jenny – when did you actually find time to sleep last week?! RE: missing text when hitting submit: that happens to me, but if I hit my browser’s back button (I use Mozilla Firefox), it’s all there, still.

MakerBabe – I want one of your weekends (although I’m not working at the moment, either, so I can’t complain)!

Terri – any injuries to report today? I love bubble wrap, too! Nothing beats a good session of popping for reducing stress . . . the question is, are your fingers up to the pop?

Lastri – do you do the grocery shopping, or does your husband? Perhaps, if you’re the buyer, you could get the low-fat stuff so you can have a bit of indulgence, or if your husband is amiable enough with the idea, don’t buy it at all? Maybe that’s easier to say than do.

Mhibdon – good on you for coming back to Fitday and taking control of yourself again. Even if you’re starting small by ensuring you’ve got your medication and you’re washing out your kidneys with plenty of fresh water, you’re taking a significant step!

Stacey – it’s fantastic to have that support coming from someone so important to you, isn’t it? Sounds like you and me both have the ideal man! I’m liking the idea of the Shrink Faeries who try to fool you by not shortening arms of shirts when they tighten the round-the-middle bit.

Ifeelamazing – that’s a great idea, having your nuts and fruit there and available for when those staff-room goodies beckon. Welcome and good luck!

Taubele – I remember the days when I would eat three-quarters of a pizza, only stopping there because there’d be none left . . . then Pizza Hut brought in cheaper single-serve pizzas (mini, my Aunt Fanny) and we’d all chow down on a full pizza each, so from me to you, well done on restraining yourself from gobbling the lot!

Almeeker – I know, the concept of transmitting sleep deprivation via optic cables is a new one. Technology these days . . . what will they think of next?

Blackrhino – woo! Hawaii! I’ll wager you’re going to look great in a bikini, running Baywatch-style through the waves!

Rose – 5ks over hills? Well done to you! Calves burning?

Acameron – take care of yourself and don’t stress about the scales (get some bubble wrap!). Horse riding and running with your slobbery dogs sounds like a pleasant way to spend tomorrow . . . as long as your boxer keeps hers to the tennis ball, all should be good, hey?

Thanks to those who commiserated with me regarding my restless night, though now I’ve done my workout and got the adrenalin pumping, I feel like I made a big deal of it. I know this is a good place to vent and all that, but I am usually a very happy person - I just don't function well on little sleep. Besides, I have discovered over the years that when the universe deals you a crap hand, it generally follows it up by throwing you a bone, for example, yes, my family easing me into the morning with peace and love. After I wrote those posts this morning, I got a phone call from my partner telling me he’d gotten a flat tyre (his spare was also flat). Fortunately, he did make it to work. So I drove out to his jobsite after dropping my boy off at school to pick up his flats and take them into the tyre shop. The whole way (about 1.5 hours of driving), I had my MP3 player on shuffle, and every song that came on was inspirational. I love my rock music, my alternative music (can’t tolerate pop, the modern R&B or rap) and I have a lot of heavy metal on there, but the universe understood that I was feeling ‘delicate’ this morning, and chose placid, life-affirming songs for me to listen to. When I arrived at his jobsite, the woman whose house is being built came out and had a nice chat with me and praised my partner’s work endlessly (he's pretty much been there by himself from erecting trusses to tiling, with help only with the heavy stuff), which made me feel very proud.

So yeah, all is well in my world, now. I know tonight will be a better sleep. I may do some yoga before bedtime to help relax myself. Although I may need a coffee or a Mother or Red Bull for my drive to pick up my boy from school and take the repaired tyres back to my partner’s jobsite. They’re dinky country roads out there, all narrow and hairy-like with single-lane creek crossings, high crests and blind corners, and crazy locals that drive 120kph because the 100kph limit apparently isn't fast enough. Don’t want to be drowsy on those!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

My goal will be in 2 parts, 1)Monday & 2) the rest of the week

Health & Fitness:
Monday: enjoy my cheat day but keep cals within +1332 of what I burn. +1165 My numbers today are a close estimate since I didn't weigh anything. But I consumed about 3345 cals and 400g of carb. I'm glad I was able to keep some self control.

Rest of the week:
1) Net Carbs below 60g/day 64.5g grrrr I thought I set my goal at 65g, I just made my protein shake and the cottage cheese put me over!
2) work out 3 times yes
3) gallon of water a day yes 135.2oz
4) take vitamin daily yes
5) take fish oil daily yes
6) -2400 cals for the 6 days -479

Non-Health Related
1) 3 random acts of kindness yes, no
2) call/email 60 prospects I'll report this on Friday or Saturday

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-15-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job on the goals, Mike. Don't sweat the .5 gram of extra carb. Then you know you've lost it!

I was having an amazingly productive day today until a couple hours ago. I realized I had given the last copy of something I needed to a client about a month ago and I have to have it in the morning; he was supposed to return it but never did. I've spent the past two hours recreating it and I'm about 2/3 of the way done. Aaaarrrghh!

Anyway, here's the day:

1. Average a 500 calorie daily deficit. 714, 504
2. Carbs <50%. 40%, 48%
3. Five servings of fruits and veggies per day Yes, Yes
4. Exercise daily (which I need, if I'm going to make #1). Yes (weights), Yes (45 min run)
5. Drink 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes
6. Sleep 7 hours a night. No-awful-5, No-better-6
7. Name one thing each day I can do to prevent weekend relapse. Explain to family how tough weekends are and ask for help, I'm hanging my bathing suit on the pantry door beginning Friday afternoon

8. One office organizational task 5 out of 7 days this week. Yes (small, very small), Yes (small again)
9. Paint one room of trim this coming weekend.
10. Pick out tile for the backsplash & deal with the faucet issue. Tile done

Back to work; wish I could chat a bit. Have a lovely evening everyone!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-15-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

For Tuesday and Wednesday:

Fitness Goals:

1. Increase Water Intake to 10 cups per day. Yes, Yes, Yes (12)
2. BRING IT!!! to my workouts every day. Hell, yes! With much sweat - yes! Yes
3. Cut the carbs for the first phase of workout diet. 19%, 31%, 12% (but 42% fat purely from parmesan and cashews!)

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Take a deep breath and count to 10 when I feel I'm going to snap at my rambunctious and sometimes trying 8yo, and praise him for the good things he does. Yes, Almost lost it - but yes, Yes
2. Discover what the floor of my laundry looks like, again. Not a chance, One load, No
3. Clear the random bits of miscellanea from the verandah. Nope, No, Nuh-uh
4. Stop screwing with people when I know they're just gonna get cranky. Nope (but I added this goal on Tuesday, my time), Yes
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) lower carb - yes 52g,81.5
2) no more than 1600 cals- 1427, 1610
3) water water everywhere: 40 oz +16 diet soda, 70
4) gym or stretch at least 3x -stretch, no
5) write, do not spend 50 hours per day on e mail and Fitday - did a bit, started a new piece but was very fibro sick and had to go to bed, did not go crazy with the Fitday; for T: writing class, discussion, editing

You can also find gel seats in sports shops or even K mart or Walmart probably. I hope it helps. It sure helped me.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report card:

Health & Fitness

1. Keep calories to 1,350-1,550, for the whole week. 1,738, 1,497
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO, YES
3. Keep carbs under 50%. 57%, 59%
4. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 44 min
5. Resist the urge to nibble. 75%, 80%

Other Goals

6. Sort out coupon binder. 1/2 done
7. Finish my part of the taxes. 1/2 done, 3/4 done
8. Call my brother. NO, NO
9. Clean 1 area of the basement. NO, NO
10. Register for race and call SIL about same!!! No excuses. NO, NO
11. Work on items from the "list", finish 25 for the week. NO, NO
12. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) + 1 load of laundry. 2 out of 3, YES
13. Buy seeds and set up plant starts, weekend project.

Did better on goals yesterday, well at least better than Monday. I'm still feeling low on sleep, but I made myself get out of bed this morning and put in a good workout. I would chat more, but I have a full day ahead of me and no time to spare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.