Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you to everyone for your condolences on my crappy day I feel humbled to know that, even though you guys don't really know what the equipment was...all that matters is that it made me feel terrible.

I still feel awful, though there is a ray of sunshine on my day; the company that makes the equipment piece (it's called an HPLC column) has one in-stock and can ship it so that it arrives next week, and I'll have time to install it before the technician gets here to help me with my equipment.

Unfortunately it's going to cost $1000+, so I am still angry about the waste, but I am telling myself that the entire thing won't be a total disaster. I've also managed to finish my editing somehow. I lost track of a few hours there; I think I just sort of zoned out and zombied my way through it, lol.

All I can do is regroup, move forward, and not make the same mistake again (and hope that my boss's opinion of me isn't ruined forever!)
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

rose ~ this might be bad, but i just follow a beginner yoga video on youtube it's only 10 mins, but once i get that down i'll go for longer. but i do have an ideal of stretching & what good body alignment is.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

taubele ~ i must of missed the part about your equipment yikes sorry to hear about it. i'm sure your bosses opinion of you isn't totally ruined
Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I did sleep very soundly last night – may have had something to do with the back rub I conned my partner into giving me before sleepy-time.

Yunalee, well done on two days straight of no fast food!

Quinn, your hike definitely sounds relaxing. I can just imagine the peace.

Mike, completely coincidentally, my carbs were fairly high on Plyo day. Today is yoga . . . ooooh, looking forward to that! Our 8yo wants to be part of this new excitement (I think it’s mostly so he gets chocolate milk), so just to test how far he’d go, we told him he was more than welcome to do everything but the weight-lifting DVDs. He did plyo last night, and with only a few complaints, made it all the way through. His form wasn’t the greatest, but at least he was moving and sweating for an hour. And yes, he got his chocolate milk.

Jjeand – I find it most difficult to cut down on the smokes when drinking, too – especially considering most of our drinking friends smoke (a lot) while drinking. As a sidenote, we can’t smoke in clubs, pubs, bars, near government buildings including any educational institution and offices, near playgrounds, in restaurants . . . I believe the anti-smoking campaignists are trrying to make it illegal to smoke in your car if you’ve got kids in there (I think that’s disgusting, anyway). I wish you every strength in getting through your night!

Stacey – downward dog is a tricky one to get the hang of, but your flexibility will get better! I don’t know if your instructor gives you this tip, but try to concentrate on pushing your chest to your toes and your bum will naturally pop up!

Taubele – oh no! What absolute bad luck. At least the situation can be fixed, though. I’m so glad you got your chapters edited. What do you write?

JennyCam – welcome! Sounds like you’re a busy girl. Good luck with the goals this week! And yes, cellulite can be worked off at a young age as yours (mine is almost non-existent, now).

Muna – you’ve got your work cut out for you this week, I think. Take it easy and look after yourself and your family. Are you having your tonsils removed? If so, I think a big bowl of icecream is totally justified afterwards!

Almeeker – once we’ve saved up the minimum 10% deposit for a piece of land (we have $10 saved so far ($19,990 to go - hehe) just started this week and that’s all that was left in my account), we’re building a house with a gym, too! Mirrors, a barre, a big ole telly, weight racks, the works. Oh, and air conditioning. Definitely air conditioning.

Cassie – I love it – a ‘Mom Cave’. Hehehe. Okay, gonna make provisions for one of those as well as the gym!

My allotted breakfast for this morning was a ‘Soy Sausage Muffin’, which is basically an English muffin with soy sausage and cheese on it. We couldn’t find soy sausage, figured it’s just meatless meat, so got a tin of nutmeat which we sliced up last night in preparation for breakfast. This morning as I was cooking mine, my 8yo comes up to me and says, with shock and disgust, ‘Why are you eating cat food?’. I explained what it was, and he obstinately shook his head and said, ‘Dad said it was cat food when he cooked his this morning. That’s disgusting.’ However, it's not too far from the truth. I think I’m going to have to find another substitute for meatless meat. Yuck! Although my 8yo did want to taste this supposed human-cat-food, and he didn't mind it at all. I think we might have some fun with him on that when my partner comes home (non-fitness goal number 4, I think you're going out the window, today! ).
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

behaze ~ i'll use that tip for downward dog. thanks. soy meat would be different than nutmeat. keep trying....lol. i actually don't mind soy prodcuts.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey: Thanks, I hope so. I'll just have to do something awesome to make her think better of me

behaze: I'm helping consult on a book series called "Train Your Brain" -- there'll be a few of them "Train Your Brain to Get Happy" "Train Your Brain to Get Rich" etc. They're already accepted by Adams Media (publisher) and we have a deadline to get each book done. The first one is actually coming out this summer my name is on amazon.com and stuff, it's really bizarre but cool!

I'm a neuroscientist, and my job is basically to check the chapters for factual information and add study interpretations (boil them down from scientific writing full of jargon to something easily understandable to a general reader) - I wrote a couple of the chapters as well about basic brain anatomy etc. I'm working on the second book now (Get Rich) and I had to chug through some of the more difficult chapters today, but I managed to do it Luckily, I'm working with a very professional author who has been a lifesaver in terms of getting me used to all this writing/publishing stuff, and I don't do the bulk of the writing (don't have the time!)

I started doing it for a little extra income () but I've found that the experience of writing/consulting on a book that's meant for the general population versus a scientific ready has really helped me to get my science writing in a place that's less jargon-y and helps me to explain my work in understandable terms without over-generalizing, so I think it's been really invaluable!

~Terri
Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

"Train Your Brain To Get Thin", perhaps? We can be your Guinea Pigs!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - Holy Bejeepers! Yoga was AMAZING! I could barely move this morning, but now I feel so incredibly relaxed and full of rainbows.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Wednesday

Hey Everyone!

I had another great day. I got quite a few things done around the house and I tried to go to another spinning class tonight but I couldn't get into the class. I got there 10 minutes before the class starts but the vouchers were all gone. Apparently it is very popular! Since I was at the gym I went up to the workout room and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and another 30 minutes on the cross trainer. It was great! I burned over 600 calories! Woohoo! I think I'm skinny now. Haha, but seriously I'm only 6 pounds away from getting out of the "obese" category. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Quinn, wow, sounds like you had a magnificent hike! Lucky lady! It was pretty cold here in Canada... in fahrenheit I'm guessing around 35 degrees. Can't wait for it to warm up! But I live in the city so I'd never have lunch with a deer. Sounds like you had a fantastic experience!

Stacey, isn't it amazing how you can find anything on YouTube. I learned how to knit from watching YouTube videos. Thanks for the tip!

Terri, it sounds like there is a solution to your problem at work. Believe me I understand how bad you must have felt, I once accidentally broke a $1000 light on a film shoot. Boy did I feel bad but you know it really was just an accident and in the long run it certainly didn't put any dampers on my career. I can't imagine your boss would let this ruin her opinion of you. Honestly, I don't know anything about Neuroscience but you sound like you are pretty accomplished for a 27-year-old. Wow, you are in your 20s and doing some amazing things in labs with equipment and working on a book! Sounds pretty cool to me!

Behaze, I like veggie food a lot and I have to say I once bought the soy breakfast links and yuck, they were bad! I really like the Sol brand veggie burgers. They're pretty high in protein and they only have 100 calories each. I'm sure they'd work well in a breakfast sandwich.

1. Eat 1200 - 1450 calories per day. YES 1248 / YES 1252 / YES 1302
2. Keep carbs below 35% YES 23% / YES 20% / YES 28%
3. Exercise daily! YES! / YES! / OH YEAH!
3. Go to at least 2 spin classes this week. DID ONE TODAY! (Monday)
4. Take my multivitamin. DONE / YUP / YES!
5. Sleep 7 hours per night. YES / Actually 8 / YES!
6. Drink 2 liters of water per day. YES / DID IT! / DONE!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 03-16-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

i went swimming for the first time since summer. made i'm wiped.

when it comes to a full size pool is a lap one way, or one time back and forth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.