Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know. I was just messing with you. Hey did you see that I posted again in my thread about being rude? I need your brains.
Yes--I took a look at his post--I don't know what to suggest to reduce mouse clicks/key strokes. I wonder if the PC version is any different?

I suppose one could make several custom foods for different serving sizes, though that's a pretty poor work-around.

I'll give it some more thought.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Yunalee, while you ate popcorn and chocolate covered raisins yesterday, I went to a fish fry and had battered, fried fish and battered, fried mozzarella cheese sticks and a 2 inch square lemon pastry bar for dessert. So we'll just be better with our eating today, right?
yeah i'm doing better today, had a nice full brunch that was quite filling. so may have a snack and a light dinner later
Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm doing great as well. Thin crust, veggie pizza out last night. (I saved some calories from earlier in the day.)

Oatmeal with dried cranberries for breakfast.

Turkey breast on 45 cal. bread for lunch today with a bowl of strawberries.

Plans are still open for supper, but I'm confident that this weekend I can hold it together. Not feeling the "binge thing"... at least not yet.

Starting something new this weekend. Instead of being really strict on weekends, I'm upping my calorie limit to 1400-1500 and letting my carbs slide as long as my calories are in check. I think this will benefit my "all or nothing" thinking.

Thinking about working in a half of an A&W root beer float with diet root beer as sort of a "passage of spring", but we'll see how it goes.

Mike,

I was going to mess with you and say that I couldn't post because my hands were full of Cheetos and frosting... Just kidding... I'm being very good.

By the way, my daughter and I are are quick and accurate with a rifle... although, at my current weight, it would knock me flat!!!

Last edited by quinnesec; 03-19-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad y'all are doing well. Quinn, lean up against a tree so the rifle doesn't knock you down. If you have a hard time holding on to the gun, have your neighbor duct tape you to it.

I have another review. I tried some Walden Farms peanut spread (like peanut butter). If you've never tried their stuff, they are known for having ZERO ANYTHING. No cals, no fat, no carbs, nothing. So I bought a 12oz jar for $3.99 and notice that it's separated like natural peanut butter so I wait to get home to try it. I won't even get into the details but lets just say it's no good. There salad dressing aren't bad, they are actually decent, but this.... nope, a waste of my money.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I wish dusting made noise... LOL)
Two words Mern honey, SHOP VAC. It screams like a swamp buggy and it has lots of parts, men love things with parts and it dusts like a champ. Trust me, DH and I were in renovation mode for the first seven years of our marriage, and I dusted with a shop vac at least once a week for the duration.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Stopped at the other store today and found big specials on Annie's Natural products. Those graham bunnies may become my new addiction. I stopped at 2 and put the boy in charge of the box.

I'm feeling good and in control today also. Just got back from a friend's lax game and am going to relax for a little while before making fish for dinner. Playing some tennis with the hubby tonight. My scale was back down to bikini weight yesterday and today, so tomorrow should be the last day of my calorie deficit, finishing out the goals this week. 500 is hard for me to get to and I will be glad to not have to do that anymore.

Quinn, enjoy your root beer float. I'm sure if you look at your weekly averages, the carbs will even themselves out anyway. I'm also not one of those people who can cut everything out either...for damage control weeks, yes, but other than that, the quickest way to set off a binge is to tell me I can't have something. Moderation is a wonderful thing!

Soldier on, everyone
Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
By the way, my daughter and I are are quick and accurate with a rifle... although, at my current weight, it would knock me flat!!!
I'm a little rusty with a rifle but deadly with a compound bow, I'd like to give that crossbow business a whack, looks like great fun to me. My brothers and I used to shoot squirrels out of the trees with our BB guns. Recently my dad called to ask if it was okay that he teach the DD's to shoot. Come to find out he had already bought a couple of new guns and my mother made him call and ask for permission before it was a done deal. I said it was okay by me, and oddly enough DH agreed (DH was raised in a zero violence household).
Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I'm glad that adding the calories from healthful carbs and good fats (like in the peanut butter and in the cashews) helped you sleep better and keep your scale number where you wanted it to be. I haven't used pork rinds on fish, but I have used it on chicken, pork, and beef cubed steaks and it's delicious. I'll stick with the Naturally More peanut butter--I love it so much that I can't imagine any other company being able to improve on it.

I've been lying on the sofa watching Columbo (old TV detective series) DVDs half the day. After my brunch of a roast beef and swiss cheese chef salad with low carb French dressing, I had only had a peanut butter/banana protein powder "goop snack", pork rinds sprinkled with cinnamon, and a diet cola all day. No dinner yet, but it'll be on my diet plan.

Michael, LOL on your comments. Man-hating Lifetime channel. Hee Hee Hee

Mike, yeah, the women here don't seem easily intimidated. Nor am I. LOL

Cassie, congrats on being back down to bikini weight! Totally awesome that you can quit your calorie deficit! You certainly earned that. Wish I could eat the frozen yogurt. One serving of no sugar added in the shops around here are moe than my carb allowance for the entire day. My eight year old granddaughter sometimes offers me something and before I can even answer she says, "Oh, I forgot you can't eat stuff like that." Those are same high fiber low carb tortillas that I buy. Oh, it's great that you are having practically a whole new kitchen! It's amazing how much new knobs and switch plates also enhance all the new appliances, countertops and decor. I'm really happy for you. Way to go on controlling the graham bunnies. What's a lax game? Enjoy your tennis tonight.

Yunalee, way to go!

Quinn, you're doing great! Since your weight is ideal anyway, have you considered just upping your daily calories a bit so your maintenance would be more of an easier lifestyle? Or is it that you feel you need to "let go" a little more on weekends--although 1400-1500 isn't high calorie at all.

Almeeker, from now on I'll buy DH only presents that make noise--like the shop vac. Eventually, he'll be my happy little servant and all I'll have to do is cook. LOL Did you eat the squirrels you shot? That's another good meat, but I haven't had it for years and years.

Last edited by Mern; 03-19-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

Maintenance for my height and weight is 1400. I'm just trying to get back to my summer weight of 116 (where I was last summer).
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm a little rusty with a rifle but deadly with a compound bow, I'd like to give that crossbow business a whack, looks like great fun to me. My brothers and I used to shoot squirrels out of the trees with our BB guns. Recently my dad called to ask if it was okay that he teach the DD's to shoot. Come to find out he had already bought a couple of new guns and my mother made him call and ask for permission before it was a done deal. I said it was okay by me, and oddly enough DH agreed (DH was raised in a zero violence household).
That's great--I actually got my bow out of storage today--it's been years since I shot it. Man, it draws considerably harder than I recall it did! IIRC it's set up for 65 lbs w/a 50% letoff. Sort of thinking I might do some deer hunting this fall if time permits.

I think every child should learn firearm safety, whether they care about ever owning/using one or not. Like most potentially dangerous tools, the more knowledgeable you are, the safer you are.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.