Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-18-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Only update of the next two days because of silly college stuff (Gamma Sigma Sigma & Phi Sigma Pi)

Also: Am sooo excited for my cheat day!!!!

01gt4.6: Hellz yeah you just made up for it! What on earth were you doing?!

Jennybeeb: Once after a particularly painful trip to the dentist I swore of caffeine. That lasted about 9 months. I’ve found that having a rule like “I’m only going to drink another 8oz of soda if I can finish 1L of water and still want the soda.” Tends to work out great!

Almeeker: You can do it! You’re so close! You’ve got this! Perhaps your -100+ party could include dancing for 100 minutes?

Staceyalberta: I have no idea how you’re surviving! I tend to hole up and pray for sun if the weather is less that 45 degrees Fahrenheit!

Quinnsec: I love feeding people too! It is awful: Whenever I have even slightly more than enough for one person, I’ll call up everyone I know to see if they would like to be fed!

Mern: Hurray for having your grandchildren over! Thank you for the advice, I’m just kind of shooting in the dark for my calorie limit because I have PCOS/pre-diabetes so I know that my metabolism is slower, I just don’t know how slow. For example: If I eat 1800 and exercise for an hour a day, I still gain weight even though I’m 19 and we’re supposed to be super-calorie-burning-machines.

Last edited by mhibdon; 02-18-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Clarity and I love Purple
Old 02-18-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I am kind of a bad influence when it comes to food!!! I'm always feeding something or someone so I don't eat myself.
I feed people some stuff I don't eat myself because I respect their choices as I'm sure that is your intent, too. But I often prepare an alternative food for myself to eat with them. Like I don't eat potatoes because they're too high carb for me, so I also make mashed cauliflower with cheese for myself. Or I'll bake a cake, but have fresh strawberries or cantaloupe for myself and to share if someone else would rather eat fruit than cake. I don't preach to them, but at least they can see that I try to eat healthfully--that should serve as SOME good influence.

Last edited by Mern; 02-18-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Okay, so I'm not sure if my brain just isn't working because it is Friday and I've had one heck of a week here at work...or if this is one of those things I really just can't figure this out

Fitday tells me:
Calories I burn = 2729
Calorie Restriction = 1099
Calories I can eat = 1630

Soooo if I work out, do I add those calories to what I eat in order to stay at the 1630?

I guess what I'm asking is if I workout and burn 200 calories, should I eat 1830 to keep myself at the 1630 calories I can eat, or do I not count my exercise in that number?

Gee I hope this makes sense to someone...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

mern ~ thank you for your kind words i'm working on it...lol. as far as the house thing goes it's a work in progress...lol.

quinn ~ your daughter sounds like she's working really hard that's awesome!!!! i'm sure she'll make an awesome engineer.

mern & quinn ~ i hear you about feeding other people. i have to make a cheesey, creamy chicken dish tonight for chris ~sigh~ i won't/can't eat it so i'll cook my chicken with spices set it aside & do the dish he wants. he might be annoyed...lol. unless i can think of something else he might like instead.

off to dance practice soon.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

mern, I didn't know that you were a grandma. I love grape nuts, that sounds cool!

mhibdon, I just got busy and fell behind on eating. I ate several meals, they were just really small.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Jenny,

Thanks so much for taking the time to link that article. As a matter of fact, MTU is her first choice! If she graduates from there, she will be the third generation to receive an engineering degree from MTU in my family... but the first female! I'll be sure to pass it on to her.

So, here's keeping fingers crossed!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Jenny,

Thanks so much for taking the time to link that article. As a matter of fact, MTU is her first choice! If she graduates from there, she will be the third generation to receive an engineering degree from MTU in my family... but the first female! I'll be sure to pass it on to her.

So, here's keeping fingers crossed!
Are you serious!?!? HOW COOL!!! I loved MTU...Great place
Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Okay quinn, I guess I'll let you off the hook for helping out the super DD. I do a lot for my kids too, this week I'm finishing a costume (circa 1860's) for the oldest DD because next weekend she's competing in National History Day, and of course being my daughter she's chosen the "performance" category. Why she couldn't sit down and put together a web-page like 99% of all the other entrants IDK. I'm making her a "Bloomer Dress", which is a bit of a pain in the behind, because there are no photos, no patterns and no surviving garments.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
Okay, so I'm not sure if my brain just isn't working because it is Friday and I've had one heck of a week here at work...or if this is one of those things I really just can't figure this out

Fitday tells me:
Calories I burn = 2729
Calorie Restriction = 1099
Calories I can eat = 1630

Soooo if I work out, do I add those calories to what I eat in order to stay at the 1630?

I guess what I'm asking is if I workout and burn 200 calories, should I eat 1830 to keep myself at the 1630 calories I can eat, or do I not count my exercise in that number?

Gee I hope this makes sense to someone...
I don't eat to use up the exercise calories unless I'm hungry -- usually I'm not. My feeling is the base calorie level covers what your body needs. Sometimes I will use extra exercise to cover a day I know I will be consuming more calories because of dining out or something.

I want those spent calories to speed up my weight loss or help make up for any miscalculations.

Treat them like a bonus in your bank account and only spend them if you really need to.

Hope this helps. Mary
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! This thread is always so busy! It is hard to catch up sometimes, but it is great to see everyone being so encouraging.

Thursday:
1.Water-lots of it. YES
2. No processed foods YES
3. Exercise and really mean it! YES(5 mile run at the park-love the warmer weather)
4. In bed at a reasonable hour.NO
5. Log all my food-every bite.YES

non diet related
6. Clean off the top of my dresser.NO
7. Work on getting my costume together for upcoming dance competition.YES,dropped off skirt for alteration!
8. Help kids be more responsible for keeping their rooms clean.YES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.