Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Will play catch up with the group tomorrow.

Mike, I've got seven grandkids altogether. The three oldest, in their 20's, are from my husband's first marriage. And we have four grandkids through our daughter. Our 31 year old son is still single.

I know Mary has grandkids. Who else does?

Last edited by Mern; 02-18-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern I have 10 grandkids ages 13 to 10 months. They are a good motivation to get fit. I want to be able to dance at their weddings. Mary
Old 02-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Crazy Friday; crazy weekend in store. I had court yesterday and was stressed out about it, let myself get too hungry, and then the evening turned into a full out snack fest .

I hear what you ladies are saying, quinn and almeeker. Sometimes I serve in a "secretarial" role for my son. My view is that since he works so hard at his academics, sports, and music, then I can certainly do things like fill out the minutes on his practice log or pages on the reading log if he's up till all hours working on a paper or a project. I do have some trepidation as to what high school is going to be like, though, if middle school has regularly produced nights of midnight studying and beyond, and I got his recommended classes this week. Quinn, keep us posted on your daughter and how things go!

Well, time to get this weekend going...lots to do! Here's Friday, such as it was!

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep, No
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, No
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates, Yep-yoga
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep, Yep-stayed in makeup and nice but comfy clothes after court
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up, No

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's, Yep
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend
Did make some preparatory progress on this today

Have a great Saturday, y'all!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz., yes 140oz., yes 152oz., yes 132oz. no 120oz.
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day) -317, -335, -1121 , -475
3) workout 3 days no yes no yes no
4) play tennis at least one time no, no, no, not yet yes
5) no cereal for the week no, no, still none, holding out like a champ!, nope
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it, still doing good, nope, don't even care weighed myself

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)11,18,10,13 = 52
2) clean my car nope, no, no, nope It's still nasty., nope... maybe today
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- I here you about the snack fest! I had teenage drama issues here last night that sent me running for food. I really need to stop the emotional eating. it never gets me anywhere.

Congrats to all the grandmom's with lots of grankids! That's great. I hope that someday my kids will give me lots of them too.

Fridays report:
1.Water-lots of it. YES
2. No processed foods YES
3. Exercise and really mean it! YES
4. In bed at a reasonable hour.NO
5. Log all my food-every bite.YES

non diet related
6. Clean off the top of my dresser.NO
7. Work on getting my costume together for upcoming dance competition.YES
8. Help kids be more responsible for keeping their rooms clean.YES (at least the 8 and 10 year olds)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

I find it hard to go back and find my last goal post. Is there an easy way?

It's been a good week. Food intake has been controlled. I'm posting today because i'm going out tonight -- have 800 calories left to spend. Tomorrow I'm on the road and control will be harder next week.

Exercise - at least 40 minutes each day.

Planning on packing some emergency rations for next week while away from home. Also need to check out the Y's location.

Hope I can log in next week as reporting really helps. My son's wireless internet does not always work for my computer. off to pack an ethernet cable - just in case.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mern congratulations on your fitness achievement!!!!!! I haven't been on in a few days but I feel like you did a great job of goal setting in terms of making it something that was achievable. Keep it up! You are inspiring me for my hike this afternoon!

Jenny-congrats on not eating those fries! Great job!

Cassie--for one of your goals you list "balance pie chart" do you mean so that they are all 1/3 (or 1/4 if you include alc..jk)?

Almeeker--I love your party idea of veggies and green tea. I'd add vodka to that green tea (and maybe to the veggies?! heh.) I wish my friends would throw parties like that.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

P.S. I'm in a lab full of engineers and I want to kill them whenever I read their ridiculous equations. ughh! I almost went to U of Michigan but then decided against it bc it was so far from home. I know that its not the same school that you guys mentioned but I thought I'd share anyway. I really loved visiting there!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Cassie--for one of your goals you list "balance pie chart" do you mean so that they are all 1/3 (or 1/4 if you include alc..jk)?
By balance I mean keeping it around the balance that works for me. It's usually 50-25-25 or 47-27-26 or 52-20-28...just the one I hit on as a winner from all the trial and error last year. This week I needed for my goals to be less numbers-focused, so that's why it just says balance.

Mary, if you click on your name in your most recent post, you can then select "find all posts by Kumochi;" click on that and then you should be able to find your most recent goal post.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Friday's Results- Scale is starting to teeter a bit... could the plateau be nearing an end??? If I can just keep it together this weekend, I think I'll be back under 120.

Julia,
Toured U of M last fall. That's our #2. I think it's too far from us as well.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes, yes, 1300 (date night)
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes, yes, yes,yes
3. Balance pie chart. no, carbs were high, protein could be higher, carbs still high & protein still low, have to find more low-cal protein
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. one down- two to go, raining today, but I did indoor walking for 45 min., 60 mph wind gusts so did indoor walking again

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yep, yep, I did, I did
2. Continue with growing mound of daughter's applications, letters, etc. (Every time I catch up, she brings me more...) UGH...yes, 4 hours Wednesday, took the day off because I'm losing my mind and ready to maim said daughter, will finish current stack on Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.