Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz., yes 140oz., yes 152oz., yes 132oz.
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day) yes -317, yes -335, yes -1121
3) workout 3 days no yes no yes
4) play tennis at least one time no, no, no, not yet
5) no cereal for the week no, no, still none, holding out like a champ!
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it, still doing good, nope, don't even care

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)11,18,10 (I think)
2) clean my car nope, no, no, nope It's still nasty.

CRAP I just realized that I changed #2 to -400 from -300. Oh well I guess I made up for it today. haha
Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

I DID IT! I reached my goal of 2 miles of aerobic walking at 4MPH to my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds for Abs 2 Mile High Calorie Burn DVD. I knew the high calorie burn part of the DVD is at a FASTER pace than 4 MPH and that after I reached 25 minutes the pace would slow a little. Today's goal was to add a minute to yesterday's achievement of 23 1/2 minutes but then I realized that just 30 seconds longer would take me to 25 minutes, so I gave it my all and made it to 25. Then the pace almost immediately slowed closer to 4MPH and I felt like "The Little Engine That Could"--I just KNEW I could do the full 30 minutes. And I did!

I went from a walking stamina (to the DVD) of less than 5 minutes on January 24 to 30 minutes in just 3 1/2 weeks. I'm so freakin' proud of myself for working so hard and reaching my goal nine days early that I got teared up for a few seconds. LOL

Now I'm going to see how well I can walk in real life--just regular "semi-brisk" (not aerobic or power walking) on a street (no sidewalks here) or at the park where there's a paved walking track.
Go Mern, it's your birfday... oh wait. Congrats!

Yes, I know I spelled it as birfday.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. Eat between 1200-1400 cals/Day No, No, No, YES!!!
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No - 80oz., Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Yes, No, No, No
5. Exercise with EA Active for Playstation 3x/Week (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) No, YES!!!
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes, Yes, Yes (and my head is letting me know I am missing the caffeine!), NO

Other Life Goals:
1. Do 1 load of laundry per day & Freecycle clothes no longer needed/wanted No (it was Valentine's Day), Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Clean Bathroom & Clear out Bathroom Cabinet (Monday night) Did this on Tuesday
3. Clean Kitchen for 20 minutes (Tuesday Night) Fiance helped with doing this since I skipped my cleaning for Monday
4. Vacuum & Mop Dining Room & Kitchen, also take out trash Complete!
5. Send out Wedding Save The Dates (Thurs Night) No
6. Complete Budget for March 2011 (Friday Night)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
almeeker,

You're less than 4 lbs. away from your 100 lbs. lost mark! One more push and you'll be there!!!
I'm stuck right here at 148-149, it's torture I tell you!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, it's not worth it. If you maim her, you'll have a whole 'nother slew of forms for disability accommodations.
I hate to point out the obvious, but when I applied to college, I filled out all my own paperwork, and occasionally mom signed her name. So quinn, why are you doing it?

Yeah, with like Big Macs or Dairy Queen ice cream cakes or... oh, sorry...
Wow are you a bad influence LOL! It's too bad you live so far away, you and I could hang and have a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Um, no; that would be the wrong idea. Like we collect 100 feathers, or buttons, or dollars () or something. NO!! 100 exercises of your choice! Steps, jumping jacks, pushups, inchworms, plank raises, crunches, etc. Seriously!
Funny you should mention that, the kids celebrated theirs at school on Thursday. Middle DD made a little quilt for her American Girl doll that had 100 squares in it. Maybe I'll take a t-shirt and write -# on it 100 times or something equally silly, you can just scrap that "extra exercise" idea that doesn't sound like any sort of celebration to me, that would be more like "business as usual". I did buy a package of party invitations that have check boxes on them, so you just check the parts that apply. It has one that says "Big Announcement" and another one that says "Personal Achievement" and I thought I might check both and have my friends over for a veggie tray and iced green tea.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M yes, T 83%, W yes, T yes
~ log all foods i've eatenM yes, T yes, W yes, T yes
~ do cardio 6 days 1 yes, 2 yes, 3 yes, 4 yes
~ do strength training 6 days, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 yes
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .T yes, W yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

morning all you fantastic losers:

muna ~ well i'm keeping positive thoughts that an appeal or some other process will work out & your family will not be seperated. that must be so stressful on you.

almkeeper ~ being stuck sucks, but i'm sure you'll be past it. oh wow i hadn't realized how much weight you have lost that's fantastic keep up the great work.

dance class was fun last night. i need to find a costume for Mar 5 which needs to be an indian suit looks something like the picture:

so for the next few weeks i'm going to be haunting value village & other good will shops. not doing my walk today it's -30 C & that's my bottom line i won't walk outside if it's -30 C or colder. today i have off from work & my son is with his dad. so i'm going to clean up around here & do laundry. i have an impromptu dance practice this morning with the other two ladies. get some food in the house cook supper & then chris (my boyfriend) & i are going to red deer to see a college production of rent. so a busy, but hopefully still relaxing day.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm stuck right here at 148-149, it's torture I tell you!

I hate to point out the obvious, but when I applied to college, I filled out all my own paperwork, and occasionally mom signed her name. So quinn, why are you doing it?

Wow are you a bad influence LOL! It's too bad you live so far away, you and I could hang and have a lot of fun.
Well, I'm helping her because she is taking 4 fourth year classes in Adv. Physics, Adv. Calc, Adv. Chemistry, etc. on top of music competitions, a butt load of extra-curriculars and President of her class. She has maintained a 3.9-4.0 throughout high school but, in order to do that, she studies many nights from after supper until midnight and many weekends. This years classes are kicking her butt but she's totally self-motivated. I do nothing but sit back and watch. She wants to Master in Chemical Engineering and I think she has a good shot. So, I help her.

I am kind of a bad influence when it comes to food!!! I'm always feeding something or someone so I don't eat myself. Oh, we could think of a thousand ways to get into trouble, I'm sure!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Just trying to catch up. Grandkids are here, but I told them I get the computer until I'm done reading and talking to my weight loss and exercise friends. No time to proofread, though--must get moving along. Again, thanks to all for your congrats on my exercise. Walking on real streets today with my grandkids.

mhibdon, what a clever idea to put your goals in your signature! Congrats on
your calorie goal achievements! Awesome! About feeling guilty when you eat. Girl,don't do that! Remember that eating keeps us alive, healthy, thinking clearly, gives us the energy to do what we need to do. You may think this odd, but perhaps your daily calorie range needs to be adjusted UPWARDS. Like maybe 1600-1800 calories instead of 1300-1800. To be so much looking forward to being able to consume more calories the next day signals to me that you are feeling deprived. Perhaps you are eating too close to the 1300 calories? Or perhaps you need to try to "buy" the most healthful but filling foods you can for your calorie allowance. So there's a homework assignment for you--reconsider your calorie allowance and food choices. I hope the others will have some other ideas. Kudos to you for asking! We're all here to help each other.

Rose, you're doing an incredible job on your health and fitness goals! How do
you make your talapia croquettes?

Almeeker 1500 calories per day is hard to do. But each day is a new chance.
Congrats on doing controlled cheats--could be a whole lot worse. I'm all for a cyberparty when you reach that 100 lbs. lost, too.

Mary, you are doing a fantastic job on meeting your goals! I'm especially
impressed with your flexibility and exercise! At the rate you're going it won't
be long before you can breathe in those smaller black jeans. A chuckled aloud
reading about the bad parenting joke you sent your DIL. Four of my grandkids are here today. My only plan at the moment is to take the younger ones on a walk with me.

Jacqueline, awesome job on your goals again! You go girl!

Jenny, you made your calorie goal! Congrats to ya! Be sure you're getting
enough calories to keep healthy and have energy and don't feel deprived, though. New day, another chance to avoid the Diet Coke. Those caffeine withdrawal headaches will go away soon. Just stick with it.

Quinn, great job on logging everything, walking, and fluids. I have to work
really hard at making my protein goal. I love protein foods, I just too often
get busy and don't get in enough of it. I need to make that a priority in my
goals for next week. My scale always teeters when it's getting close to showing me a weight loss. I burst out laughing with your suggestion to celebrate almeeker's 100 lbs. weight lost "with like Big Macs or Dairy Queen ice cream cakes or... oh, sorry..."

Stacey! Awesome job on everything this whole week. Organizing the house is a hard one for busy people. I hope you enjoyed your dance. So sorry about your neck pain! My heart goes out to you!

Jess! Great job on the exercise. 20 minutes exercise is admirable, especially
for such a busy lady. 1550 calories is great, especially in light of such a huge
calorie deficite. Be sure you're getting enough calories so you still have a
nice deficite, but don't feel deprived and fall off the wagon. Keep up the good work!

Cassie, you did an awesome job Wednesday and Thursday on so many of your daily goals. Good job on balancing the pie chart more often than not. That's not easy to do without living with a nutrition tracker 16 hours a day.

Rhoda, is everyone well yet? I like your attitude about tomorrow always being a new start for those not doing well on their goals.

Mike, yup, I felt like it was my birfday! Thanks. LOL Congrats on your
achievements so far this week. Cereal used to be one of my hardest issues. NowI'm cereal free except for making faux cereal out of Bob's Red Mill textured veggie (soy) protein and non-dairy creamer and water or cream and water in place of milk. The faux milk is to cut my carbs. The textured veggie protein tastes a lot like Grape Nuts cereal to me--the original small nuggets, not the flakes.

Muna, congrats on your weight loss! Way to go. Big cyberhugs and lots of
prayers on the immigration issues.

Michael, your weight loss and attitude are awesome! Your wife and daughter will have to find the right motivation before they are willing to commit to losing weight. I found it interesting that you mentioned photographs. I finally got tired of being the fattest person in my husband's annual family reunion photo. The second motivation is that we haven't since 1994, yes almost 17 years now, the only vacations we've taken were 3 days and 2 nights about seven years ago, and just one night in a motel last year. My husband doesn't like to travel. I told myself I need a really nice reward to bestow upon myself and one day was reading online about Philadelphia and decided I want to go there for a vacation. But I need to build up my walking stamina to tour the Historic District there because my huge belly really pulls on my back. Told my husband "When I get my back in shape to walk good enough, I'm going to Philadelphia for vacation. Wanna go with me?" And to my surprise, he said yes. So we're going to go this year--either in May or September--haven't decided which yet.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

I am kind of a bad influence when it comes to food!!! I'm always feeding something or someone so I don't eat myself.
I feed people some stuff I don't eat myself because I respect their choices as I'm sure that is your intent, too. But I often prepare an alternative food for myself to eat with them. Like I don't eat potatoes, so I also make mashed cauliflower with cheese for myself. Or I'll bake a cake, but have fresh strawberries or cantaloupe for myself and to share if someone else would rather eat fruit than cake. At least they can see that I try to eat healthfully--that should serve as SOME good influence.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

She wants to Master in Chemical Engineering and I think she has a good shot. So, I help her.
Yay for another Engineer! We could always use more female engineers in the world, lol...I may be slightly biased though

I actually just read this article yesterday of a fellow sorority sister that is finishing up her degree in Chemical Engineering...Inspiring read!

Woman Chemical Engineering Student Selected for Navy Submarine Training | Michigan Tech News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.