Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

You're less than 4 lbs. away from your 100 lbs. lost mark! One more push and you'll be there!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, it's not worth it. If you maim her, you'll have a whole 'nother slew of forms for disability accommodations.

Congrats on a great day and a great week...hope it's paid off!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Diet and such:
1. Drink 96 oz of Water a day, try for an extra 32- 1. Yep, got an extra 16. 2. Got 96 for sure and working on the rest before midnight. 3. More than 96 not quite an extra. 4. Yep plus the 32
2. Exercise once a day (at least) with Biggest Loser 1. Did 4 times that this morning! 2. Yep. 3. Yep, only 20 minutes but better than nothing. 4. They told me today was my rest day so I rested lol
3. Workout with the Ab Lounge 10 min a day- add more minutes later 1. Not this morning.2. Not sure about 10 min but 5 for sure!3. Didn't have time =(. 4. Again no time
4. Stick to 1,300-1,400 calories per day. 1. Yep/ 2. Yes3. Ugh went over by 150. 4. Over by 100 but the BL game says I should be taking in 1800 though Im not sure that's accurate
5. Burn more Calories than eaten by at least 1,000 Cal difference 1. Definitely/ 2. Pretty Sure/ 3. Yep/ 4. Yes.

Non diet and such:
1. Buy a scale - Looks like exercising is rubbing off on the roomies! They're going to buy a scale and look into getting more things for the basement and pretty soon the basement will be the work out room! Woo!
2. College and blaah stuff - I really need to find that paper lolMade some phone calls and got things going today!
3. Sort out the room - (iffy) Maybe this weekend =/ I have Friday off woo!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
almeeker,

You're less than 4 lbs. away from your 100 lbs. lost mark! One more push and you'll be there!!!
I think we should all celebrate when that happens...like when the kids do the 100th Day of School thing!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

As my shrink, you'll have to talk me down. LOL

Muna,

"If the worst happens and we are parted, it will be DH and LO in Pakistan for 2 years if not more, and myself, DD and DS in here."

What is an LO?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think we should all celebrate when that happens...like when the kids do the 100th Day of School thing!
Yeah, with like Big Macs or Dairy Queen ice cream cakes or... oh, sorry...
Old 02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks SO MUCH to all of you for your congrats on my walking achievement. Your support all along the way was so encouraging. Such a great group!

Cassie, after seeing your post I went to the Internet and enjoyed the theme from Rocky, basking in my glory. LOL Might take my "next steps" (good one)
at the park tomorrow with grandkids in tow.

Will have four grandkids most of the day Friday and Monday due to school holidays and they'll be wanting to share the computer, of course.

I have a lot of catching up to do with the group. Will do that ASAP.

Hugs to all!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Thursday everyone! With 24 mins to Friday, I honestly can say that I can't WAIT until I get to eat more calories! I've started having this problem where I feel guilty when I eat. Have any of you experienced and/or over come this?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Yeah, with like Big Macs or Dairy Queen ice cream cakes or... oh, sorry...
Um, no; that would be the wrong idea. Like we collect 100 feathers, or buttons, or dollars () or something. NO!! 100 exercises of your choice! Steps, jumping jacks, pushups, inchworms, plank raises, crunches, etc. Seriously!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, Quinn, no time to talk you down, as I have to post quickly in order to meet #2 & #3 on my list. If you're still homicidal tomorrow, we'll pull up a couch.

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend
Did make some preparatory progress on this today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.