Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Enjoyed an awesome hike yesterday in record breaking temps. 53 degrees compared to 20 below zero last week at this time. (A 73 degree difference!) Back to the 20's for the weekend.

Food and Fitness Related:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes, yes
3. Balance pie chart. no, carbs were high, protein could be higher
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. one down- two to go

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yep, yep
2. Continue with growing mound of daughter's applications, letters, etc. (Every time I catch up, she brings me more...) UGH...yes, 4 hours Wednesday
Old 02-17-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M yes, T 83%, W yes
~ log all foods i've eatenM yes, T yes, W yes
~ do cardio 6 days 1 yes, 2 yes, 3 no
~ do strength training 6 days, M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes, W yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .T yes, W yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

gees i did it again had a whole post typed out & now it's gone sigh.

quinn ~ the hike sounds lovely. can't wait for it to get warmer here.

muna ~ that lentil meatloaf sounds yummy do you have a recipe? as i love lentils.

mambogirl ~ woo hoo another dance. i love ballroom took a class last summer hope my boyfriend & i can do that again we really enjoyed it.

off early today to take my son to a dr. appt & then he's back at his dad's for a couple of nights. i have bollywood dance tonight which is sooo much fun. the best part is that i'm off work tomorrow woo hoo & Monday is a holiday for us. so i get a nice extra long weekend.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Decided to just put my goals in my signature so that I don't have to hunt around for it! I feel you guys about the tension between parental units and spawn concerning weight and fitness. My mother has always been thin and my father has always been more physically able; however, since I've been away at college and able to focus on my food and exercise... things have changed.

Good luck everyone! We're almost to the delicious weekend!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon ~ what a great idea putting your goals in your siggy. i think my goals are to long to do that with...lol.

oh my gosh you guys my neck is soooo killing me the past week or so. i have cervical ribs which are an extra set of ribs that basically extended from where your neck & shoulders meet. so these extra ribs cause me grief & pain. i need to get my desk set up better to help with that i just don't know where to start.

Last edited by staceyalberta; 02-17-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Muna - I agree with Stacey, the lentil meatloaf sounds fantastic! I would also love the recipe if you have it...I recently picked up some lentils at the store too

mhibdon - great idea on putting your goals in your signature! I'm actually working on trying to get a signature put together with my information in it...Slowly but surely I'll get there

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far! I am really really trying to stick with my calorie goal today since I haven't been able to meet it all week yet :-/
Old 02-17-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Michael,

Thanks so much for your reply. Don't worry about rambling as I find it really fascinating to gain insight into what it is like to be 400 lbs. Let's face it... Most of us can't walk up to a 400 lb. person and say, "Hey! What does it feel like to be 400 lbs.?" You know what I mean? Thanks so much for your honesty and insight. I'd actually like to hear more. I don't think the average person has a clue what it must be like to go through an average day at that weight. For some reason, it fascinates me.

I understand about the 17 y/o daughter as well. My daughter and I were always the exact same height and weight. Now, I am probably 25-30 lbs. less than her and it causes some issues. When people compliment me on my weight loss and fitness, I can feel her eye-rolls burning a hole through the back of my head. It's a tough tight rope to navigate... it's a sensitive age. Guess they just have to make the journey on their own, but I hear what you're saying.
OK, Quinn--you asked for it, so here it is: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post36647

Ask away!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
mhibdon ~ what a great idea putting your goals in your siggy. i think my goals are to long to do that with...lol.

oh my gosh you guys my neck is soooo killing me the past week or so. i have cervical ribs which are an extra set of ribs that basically extended from where your neck & shoulders meet. so these extra ribs cause me grief & pain. i need to get my desk set up better to help with that i just don't know where to start.
Stacey: My 3&4 vertebrae are a little off, so I feel you about the neck pain. If you can find one around you, and you have extra cash to frolic with, Relax the Back is the best store... ever. Here is the link: Relax The Back
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

jennybeeb and stacey, here you have the recipe
Vegetarian Lentil Loaf Recipe - Vegetarian Lentil Loaf Recipe - Lentil Loaf - Vegan Loaf Recipe - Lentil and Rice Loaf
i used a bit more spices, turmeric, dill seeds, and when you boil the lentils make your 'bouqet garni' basically tie 2 crushed garlicks, 1 bay leaf and some cumin seeds into a piece of muslin cloth, and boil it with the lentils.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for this thread. It has helped me push the exercise portion of my plan.

I was able to complete the stretch at the Y today and grab my foot. For me that is a first. I have been working on flexibility

As well I plan to keep on track with Journaling everything Yess

Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days out of 7. Monday 2 hours curling, tue 40 minutes Wii, Wed 1 hour walk, today gym class 45 minutes and eliptical 11 minutes -- I'm doing it

Keep the calories below 1600 till Sunday, 2000 on Sunday So far so good; Saturday may be a problem.

Try on some of my smaller clothes -- old black jeans fit - If i don't breath in!

Afraid the only thing I've done towrds next week is send my daughter-in-law a joke about bad parenting showing some of the things I plan on doing with the kids next week. So far I'm still booked.

Make a plan for next week so I will be prepared for a week babysitting grandkids and the temptation to slack off.
- make list of healthy food to take with me
- - plan menus - -
locate Y
-- check out physical activities for while kids are in school
-weather permitting walk kids to school 2 of the 3 days I can.

Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.