Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

LIzzie so sorry to hear about your aunt, I will definatly say a little prayer for her. We have an Italian bakery around the corner from us and on a good day if the wind is blowing the right way I can smell the fresh baked goods from my yard. It is so hard to avoid the place and now they have added a cafe to it that serves all the wonderful Italian pasta's a and things. I can't even walk past it without drooling.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your thoughts. Today was another wet and windy day here, apart from some housework I have been vey lazy. Mostly I have been checking out places to visit when we hit the US in sept. A reasonably good food day for a weekend, yesterday the same, but still never as good as during the week. Next weekend I am in England visiting my partner, it is his 50th on the 21st so there will be a celebration and of course that means more temptation, oh life is difficult at times when you are weak.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was a very long day at work, didn't get home till midnight and then I couldn't get to sleep, so this morning I feel like turning over and forgetting about my long drive. Enough of this self pity, I am lucky to have a good job which allows me some freedom to go in a little late so I am having a leisurely cup of coffe with breakfast tv. I have had a fairly good week AND I managed some exercise too so I am hopeful about my weigh in tomorrow. Have a good day/ evening everyone
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Drip drip that's the sound of the rain on my windowsill BUT it's also the sound of my weight moving down little by little 1lb this week. Not earth shattering but it's way better than going up!! Off to work and there's a working lunch today, hope they choose all the things I don't like then I can stay good before this celebratory weekend. Take care everyone and enjoy your day.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Last night we went to a very good restaurant and even though I had 3 courses there was probably less than my calorie allowance in the entire meal. Beautifully presented food, tiny portions. I really enjoyed it though.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Well that didn't take long to scupper my progress. Away for 4 days and I gained 2 lbs back. Feeling pretty low at present because of family worries but I am going to try to avoid all my usual comforts like wine and chocolate and bread. There's nothing much happening for the next few weeks so hopefully I can stay on the straight and narrow and claw back that couple of lbs lost. My partner is exercising daily and it's begining to show but he still consumes way too many calories, if he cut back on those, with all the cross training he does he would drop weight fast but I don't want to nag as I know his job is very stressful and the fact that I only get across every 6 weeks or so contributes to this. Anyway got to get ready for bed, have a great day/night all of you.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, I have nothing to say for a change so all I will do is give you a {{{HUG}}}
Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Dee I needed that. It can be tiring always having to think about what you eat and when you are stressed or just low it can be just too much. I never thought that this would be easy but at the moment I am finding it really difficult and part of that is the knowledge that I can't relax, that I don't want to accept invitations because I can't control what I'm offered, that a night in with my son having pizza is not as pleasurable as it should be because I'm thinking of the calories. however I will keep on trying and if I reach my goal I'll just have to work out what to do next with help from those of you who are already maintaining.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

I have been hiding away because I couldn't seem to get back on the right path, and then i thought.. what is that all about. When i started this it was to chronicle all my journey, the good and the bad. So here I am back to lay it all out there. I think things are looking up again and this past weekend was one of the best i have had, foodwise, in ages. I have yo-yo'ed these past few weeks but i think that on thursday there may be another drop from the 154, which i have been stuck at for a while. In my home life I am having some ups and downs and if anyone can tell me how to NOT comfort eat at times, i would be grateful. To all my American fellow Fitdayers- Happy 4th July.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie. I don't think I've posted in your thread before, but I remember that it was always part of my day to check in and see how you're doing.
I haven't been hiding, but I've been away for a while, and I'm back with a whole new attitude and outlook.
Cheering for you to do the same - remember why you're doing this, and know that you've got the support of everyone here on FitDay. Hang in there girl!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.