Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

So today is going to be a better day? I think after a month of being so strict with myself I would throw up at the sight of pizza, guess I will find out tonight, as for alcohol, I haven't had so much as a sip since I started this. I could easily use up all my calories for the day with just a few rum and cokes. You asked about how I am doing this and to be honest I have totally regimented my eating, I never cheat, I never go outside my plan for the day, I have cut out about 95% of all sugar in my diet. This may sound obsessive, but for me its the only way that works, if I was to allow myself to cheat one day, then it would be ok the next day too, so I just don't allow it. This also has a lot to do with why I weigh in on Mondays and not Fridays like a lot of people do. It keeps me honest all weekend. If I weighed on Friday and did well I would have every reason to indulge on the weekend.

I know at this point you are probably thinking I am a crazy person, but as I mentioned before I have been on diets off and on since I was 7, I have an obsession with sweets, so like a drug addict I have to go cold turkey for it to work.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Old 03-13-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

No way do I think you are crazy, I am impressed and motivated by what you said. It makes me realise that I have to up my game and stick to a stricter plan if I am going to move forward with this diet. Now I just have to work out what I can eat! Here's today's tally,
Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast with low fat spread and black coffee
Lunch - low cal soup with 2 ryvita
Dinner - chicken with rice and peas
That doesn't seem to be too bad, but I look at foods I would normally eat and am horrified by how many calories they contain, I don't eat large portions but obviously just the wrong foods.
What on earth do people eat to keep their calories below 1200 every day?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Just as an example of my day today

Breakfast was an Astro Zero Strawberry yogurt (under 40 cal)
1 cup of strawberries
1 kiwi
coffee with milk and sweetener

Lunch 1 whole wheat wrap 8 in diameter
1/2 can tuna in water
lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion
1 tblsp low cal french dressing (30 cal)

Dinner is going to be 2 oz of chicken breast no skin or bone
Side salad with low cal poppyseed dressing (again 30 cal)
1/2 cup of cooked beets
and a chocolate brownie I just finished baking only 50 cal each.

I might save the brownie for later in the evening All total about 800 cal for the day, and I will probably throw in another coffee with flavoured creamer when I go to the arena, this leaves room for other things if I get the munchies, either veggies with hummus, or a grapefruit or even a 100 cal pack of popcorn.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing that, it gives me a better idea of how I should go about this, I suppose I've been kidding myself that I didn't have to cut way back to lose the weight.
Here was my day today
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch- Tuna salad
Dinner - Boiled egg with 2 small slices of wholewheat bread with scrapping of low fat spread followed by some blueberries.
I drink my coffee black, no sugar and I also drink quite a few cups during the working day. This was probably the best food choice day I've had so far but I was determined to start this week off right.

I love the sound of those brownies.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

It's 8am and I'm off to work, this is a long day for me and I won't be home before 11pm so I have packed my lunch and dinner and a few tasty but low cal snacks. Usually I go out to lunch with a colleague after our meeting at HQ but I have already told them that I have to leave for my location straight after the meeting today. I have already counted all the foods I have planned for today and if I stick to them they come in under 800 calories. Don't worry, I'm not planning a bite by bite account of my meals every day, I'm just getting this new plan into my head. Also I don't believe that I can stay this low every day of the week but I hope to keep weekends and going out days to under 1200 so overall this should even out......I hope. Funny how I feel positive on the one hand but there's a little voice in my head that says " oh yes you can lose a few pounds but don't believe that you'll ever get down to 130lbs, since when were you slim and pretty, why not just accept that you can't do this". Do other people have this demon sitting on their shoulder?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just poking around the "for ladies only" forums today and noticed a few of your daily diet counts. It made me think back to my diet "restructuring" a few weeks back.

After I eliminated all the "junk" from my diet I was surprised at the end of the day to see I had eaten only about 900 calories for the entire day! That meant I eliminated about 900 calories--all cookies, cake, candy, sweeteners! So my evenings were pretty funny. I thought, Oh, no, I need more calories than that! So I'd rummage around for healthy additions, nuts, fruit, maybe a bowl of cereal and milk.

Now I try to make sure I get several good snacks DURING the day. It's important since I exercise quite a bit.

Thanks for listening. I just thought I'd check out a few other threads to see what's happening.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Funny how I feel positive on the one hand but there's a little voice in my head that says " oh yes you can lose a few pounds but don't believe that you'll ever get down to 130lbs, since when were you slim and pretty, why not just accept that you can't do this". Do other people have this demon sitting on their shoulder?
How funny you are, Lizzie! I think we all have these thoughts from time to time. We are who we are. Of course you can do it! So how much does that little demon weigh? A few pounds? So if you lose him, you've lost that few pounds!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Sandi, I love that about how much that little guy weighs? I want to get rid of mine too. Lizzie any one who has battled their weight for years has those same thoughts. I think I mentioned before that my mom put me on my first diet when I was 7, I was a little chubby, but looking back at pictures of myself I don't think I looked any different than all the other kids. In college I wore size 28 waist jeans and I still thought I was overweight, I am 5'7" tall by the way and was probably underweight at the time. After I had my kids I was over 200 lbs and went on weight watchers and got down to 135 lbs and still looked in the mirror and only saw that fat 7 year old. I am hoping with age that when I finally get to my goal weight I have more understanding of what I am seeing in the mirror, otherwise every mirror in the house is going in the dust bin and I will just rely on the scale to tell me I am doing well.

I blame my mother for most of my weight issues, but lets get real, she wasn't the one shovelling food into my mouth, I have to take some responsiblitly here. Have a great day.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Sandi. Thanks for dropping by, how are you doing with the weight loss? I see you are exercising a lot, I am impressed. If you have read any of my posts you will know that this is another area I need to work on. I'm getting better, I started the year as a couch potato, now I manage a dance class every Monday and at least twice more per week I do some very brisk walking for 30 mins or some "let's dance" on the Wii. You're right about that little demon, he couldn't weigh more than a couple of pounds and as I'm more in the heavyweight category I should be able to KO him- just call me Ali.

Dee, 5'7" , you will be willowy when you reach your goal, how lovely. I'm a short ass as my grandmother used to say, 5'3" on a good day and with a large (all natural) bosom. If I lose weight the bosom tends to stay pretty sizeable so clothes never really seem to hang properly from my "shelf". I have been the opposite to you in the mirror department, I don't look often and tend to glance more than study so I was able to tell myself I didn't look too bad, but then someone took a photograph ( which I normally avoid like the plague) and I had to admit that I was a whale in a frock. Anyway got to run, back later, everyone enjoy their day. Tomorrow is weigh in. :-0
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Lizzie (I just woke up so its morning for me) I have never been referred to as willowy, what an interesting thought. I too am big busted and the first thing my husband said when I told him I was going to do this again was "don't lose anything off the girls" Like I have any control of where the weight comes off, no matter how much weight I lose I will always look top heavy so he has nothing to worry about.
I avoid cameras like the plague also, I can go out thinking I look really good, hair and makeup done and a nice outfit on, then I will see a picture of myself and somewhere between my mirror at home and the camera lens I grew a double chin. How is this possible? How was your weigh in today, and why do you weigh in on Wednesdays? Most people weigh either the beginning or end of the week, Wednesday just seems a little peculiar. Good job on cutting back I look forward to see how it is working for you, and remember it might take a couple of weeks to see any difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.