Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, Lizzie, it really is a roller coaster in so many ways, isn't it? Up on the scale, down on the scale, up after you put on something you haven't been able to wear in a while, down after an episode of harsh dressing room lighting, up when someone notices, down when you get a backhanded compliment. I'm so glad you had an "up" experience last night. Hang in there; we're all here for you!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Cassie my stomach is doing flips with all the ups and downs, but hey that's what life is like generally I guess. Today has been fairly ok food wise and tomorrow is my weigh in day. I was supposed to have a walk at lunchtime but caught up with work, I think I used it as an excuse not to get up off my FA. I really need to get my head around the exercise situation, I'm not a truly lazy person but at the moment my motivation to work out is zero
Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Woo Hoo. Another 2lbs off. That little arrow is moving towards the healthy weight range. It's kind of scary, I have tried to lose weight so many times and never got this far in the past 15-20 years, I worry that it will all come to a crashing halt or worse still creep back up. No way, I am not going to let that happen, I like the way I'm starting to look and feel too much to slide back too far.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

TGIF[B] I have not been sleeping well and wake up each day feeling tired and heavy, almost like I was hungover, but there has been no alcohol involved. Had planned on an early evening but my friend begged me to come out tonight and as she has been away for a few weeks I felt obliged. She has booked a restaurant I don't know so I went online to have a look and I think I may struggle to find anything I like that's not calorie laden. Going to save up my cals for tonight. Otherwise I'm hoping for a good weekend food wise.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

I am going to put some makeup on and a new top that I have been waiting to wear for a couple of weeks. Looks like it might be a pleasant evening, sun is shining, not too windy either. My friend is just back from holidays so will be tanned as well as skinny, but I will do my best. Called to see my mum this evening and was thinking what a positive woman she is at 81, she doesn't like the colour the new girl put in her hair - too blonde and it's not modern enough, and she saw a skirt in the sales that she's going to buy but keep until her holiday later this year. I can barely think about next week and the future scares me and I am only 57.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

I have not had a particulary good two days but in light of what has taken place in Norway it all seems pretty inconsequential.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Member

There have been many stories of heroism coming out of the horrendous events in Norway, tourists risking their lives to rescue children, young teenagers having the presence of mind to help others to hide from that monster. A tiny light to cling onto in a very dark moment.
Today I am at home and I hope to get many things done, I have a list of uncompleted tasks and my son is coming for dinner this evening so food shopping needs to be factored in as well. Sitting here will not help so I must go shower and dress. Will check in later
Old 07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Working lunch today, I know it will probably be curry but I can usually keep the portions small as it's not the best I've ever tasted. Still haven't got the rear end off the chair and started regular exercise, it seems to be more a mind thing than a laziness problem. How do you get into that mindset where you feel bad if you don't exercise? I know that it would aid my weight loss but more than that it would help my heart and lungs to get back to the time that I could run up 5 flights of stairs and not even breathe heavier.
So I guess I should stop thinking about it and get on with it. I WILL WALK FOR 30 MINS TODAY!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

I DID WALK FOR 32 MINS TODAY !! My working lunch was great for me, they did have curry but they had put mushrooms in and i am allergic to them so i had to make do with a diet coke and a small piece of naan bread. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Someone was talking of food smells that evoke memories and my most vivid smell memory was the buttermilk in my aunt's kitchen where she made soda and potato bread and would give me a piece hot off the griddle with creamy butter on it when I called in to collect my mum and grans order on my way home from school.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

Very quick word before work. 1/2lb down this week, not earth shattering but in the right direction. Big effort needed as I am determined to make my mini goal this time, have only managed it once so far. Catch you all later, have a great day/ evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.