Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Foodwise not the best day, otherwise it was a lovely morning and afternoon with my sis and her Hubby. We did a little shopping at the sales and had lunch in a new restaurant ( I was fairly restrained with the food but as I wasn't driving indulged in a lively merlot). We then went to a Woody Guthrie retrospective, there were stories, photos and of course his music all performed by a great singer. I hadn't known a lot about the "Great Depression" and I found it very illuminating and interesting. Afterwards we went for a cocktail to my favourite cocktail bar, it's such a beautiful old building, very classy but you need a mortgage to drink there so it's an occasional treat. So I ended up with half a pizza for dinner washed down by a beer and for afters - guilt. Almost one week down and I still haven't got back on board with my healthy eating.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Avoid that sugary snack when you get home by packing a few seeds and have them on the way home. They will fill you with energy and really good fats. No sugar high
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks sksan, I'll certainly give that a try. Something will have to be done as I have put on ANOTHER lb. looking back I realise that I did not get started last year until the 2nd week of Jan, so I am hoping that this will kick off again for me now. Started well today and feeling good, well not good about the increase but it seems to have given me the scare that I needed to pull myself together. I am determined to drop 2.5 before next Monday so that I will be on target and let's face it my overall target of 1 lb per week isn't exactly daunting.
Still not sleeping though and that is beginning to make me really tired during the day, I'm going to workout this evening and follow with a nice warm bath, hopefully that might do the trick. Happy Monday everyone.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Well yesterday wasn't bad at all, good food day with lots of protein and fruit and veg. Just one treat, my nightly chocolate kiss. Hard day at work as I had to interview one of my guys who wasn't happy with his mid year appraisal, however I explained all the points in detail and eventually got him to admit that he needed to buck his ideas up if he wants to get a good final report, but it was very confrontational and stressful, however I DID NOT reach for a glass of wine when I came home. The big thing yesterday was that I got on the treadmill for 30 mins and even did 100 pulls on the rowing machine. Ok not the most strenuous work out but it is exercise, way better than staying on my butt all day. Today I won't have any opportunity to exercise, I'm at my HQ all day until late this eve, won't be home til after 23:00 and I will only have a short break to nip out and grab some food. I'm planning on a prepared tuna or chicken salad with some fruit from the supermarket, sounds ok I think.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM
FitDay Member

Good food day yesterday, but it was a long day and I ended up with a thumping headache that kept me awake despite taking a couple of pills until 04:30. Now I feel groggy and ill, I'm beginning to wonder if my knock on the forehead has had more effect than I thought, if the headaches don't stop soon I'll be off to the doctor. On a day off and I had lots of great active plans which are in jeopardy because of how I feel, but I'm going to make a start and try my best. First up is chopping up the Christmas tree which is lying in the garden and needs to be recycled, then it's a blitz on my bedroom. I've had a protein breakfast to give me strength, poached egg and grilled bacon, so I'll get this show on the road, speak later.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

No headache today. Ate well today, lots of protein and only a small amount of carbs. BF is doing well with his blood sugars so we are hoping that it will end up being type 2 diabetes. He is feeling and sounding a lot better and I will see him briefly next week so I will be able to asess for myself if he has improved. He really wants to try to manage this with diet and has already changed his eating habits quite dramatically, I just hope he can keep it up as he was quite overweight. He has always been active so that's a positive. I wish I had his motivation when it comes to exercising, I'm such a sloth.
Chopped the tree yesterday and tidied up the back garden too, everything looks so bare and sad at this time of the year in my garden but then I go to my sisters and hers is always so colourful at any time, but then she works very hard all through the year to keep it looking glorious. That should be my inspiration, if I work hard all year on myself I will always look good and feel good too.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 PM
FitDay Member

Sabotaged my whole week last night because of a frustrating day at work, a talk with my mum and two glasses of wine. Made low fat chilli for dinner with a little brown rice, all good, small portion. Then I broke into a crusty brown loaf that I had bought for my mum and forgot to give her and before I knew it almost half was gone. Why do I do this when I know how bad I'll feel later, instant gratification but lingering guilt. I had even managed to exercise 3 days in a row but I'm not going to dwell on my slip up, it happens, move on.
My mum has hearing loss and even with aids she cannot hear very well. She is an active and bright 82 year old who takes pride in her appearance and used to go dancing three times per week and it is causing her a lot of upset that she cannot go anymore because she is unable to converse in a crowd. She also went on short holidays on her own if she fancied a break but she tried it this summer and wasn't happy, staying in her room most of the
time. I am organising a week in France for some of the family so she will enjoy that but this deafness is depressing her and it is hard to see her sadness.
Anyway I am off to meet up with a friend for lunch and I have to get ready. Catch you all later.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Enjoyed a nice day out my my friend J, tried on a few tops but didn't buy anything. It still feels good to pick up a smaller size and find that it fits. We went for a late lunch and talked for hours, came home and had a very light meal late this evening. Tomorrow my bedroom is the target for a thorough cleaning and clearing out. I have left out some pork medallions and I am making a low fat, low calorie sauce to go with them, that's two proper freshly cooked meals in four days, amazing. I'm also going to try making muffins, what is happening to me? BF has been doing very well and his blood sugars have been pretty low all last week, he had cut out almost all carbs but this morning he had special k cereal and they soared up to 20 afterwards, this is a period of trial and error I guess
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
FitDay Member

Well the scales told the tale this morning, no movement, not an oz lost, but all my own fault. I am very tired this morning, another night of little sleep even though I headed to bed early, sweet dreams just would not come. I made my apple and cinnamon muffins yesterday, first time I have baked in years, had one for breakfast and the rest are frozen. It'll be nice to vary my breakfast for a change, I've never been good at eating in the morning, usually force myself to eat a piece of toast. Have packed my lunch, celery and low fat hummous with cherries to follow and a mini from age frais. Also took a very small banana to have as a snack. Having the pork medallions tonight so hopeful that today will start the week right and each day will be good. Happy Monday everyone and let's kick this weeks butt.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

I don't wish to be indelicate but I am having a big problem with wind at present. In fact it should be be given a rating on the Beaufort scale. I am at a loss as to why this is happening, could it be the extra fruit or maybe I had way too much bread last week. Whatever the cause, my stomach keeps gurgling and then gas escapes at the most inopportune times despite me clenching my butt cheeks like a vice. I am going to keep a flatulence diary alongside my food logging and maybe I can find the culprit and silence my nether regions.
I have a horrible sinus headache and blocked nose today so I am off to bed with some meds and a hot drink, sleep tight all, or have a good day if it's morning where you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.