Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

It's official - Paris is fattening!! I'm up 1.5lbs, but that's not too bad I think. The weather is improving so the time has come for a body blitz. I have the girls coming to dinner on 16 Jul so that's my next mini goal and I'm not aiming too high so hopefully I'll make this one.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

You did great, I am sure Paris would have been a whole lot more fattening for me. Your next mini goal is totally doable, thats only 8 lbs in the next 6 weeks. I have to ask though, what is your definition of a body blitz?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

It's an all out assault. Keeping to my eating plan, getting into the exercise mindset, defuzzing and buffing, fake tan on the legs, hair coloured and cut, all the things that slide a bit during the winter. My mate Jen once said that you could braid the hair on her legs during the cold season. Was so stressed out today that I snapped at my mum when I called in to see her, now I feel awful (I did apologise profusely) and am craving a drink! guess a decaff will have to do.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

what had you stressed out and snapping at your mum? When I get stressed I am more likely to eat than snap. Hope today is a better day for you. How do you get a fake tan? I prefer the real thing though I am sure I will pay for it down the road, I try to keep it to no more than an hour at a time when I am sunning myself, a half hour on each side.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Work and car problems and tiredness I guess, still no excuse. I bought her a lovely bunch of flowers to say sorry..again. I use a self tanning lotion on my legs just to take the snow white glare of them before I let them be seen uncovered. I do feel better with a bit of colour, thankfully I am not the true red head Irish, originally I was a very dark brown but now I'm a little lighter, and I don't burn if I'm careful. Im hoping to make up for this weekend over the next few days, somehow I keep hearing myself say this every week now, I'm stuck at present and I really need to see some downward movement to get me motivated again. Time to try and get some sleep.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good food day, lots of fruit and salad. Wanted to get out to do some gardening but raining again. Dreary, dreary, grey skies and wetness, I need some sun. I also need a kick up the rear to get me up and moving, how do you all motivate yourselves to exercise, any hints greatly received.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

Excercise??? whats that??? I can't wait to start running again, and I really need very little motivation when I start, I plug in the ipod and just go, its very refreshing to be nearly knocked out by the girls every step I take and to watch the male drivers nearly drive into the ditch because they are watching the girls and not the road. Seriously though I don't know what can motivate someone to excersise, I don't run because I feel I must, I just run because I love the freedom I feel when I am doing so. You haven't mentioned your dance class lately, maybe there is something else you can find and enjoy. Years ago I started taking a step aerobics class and loved it so much I ended up teaching it. If you don't enjoy what you are doing its a chore, you have to find something you like.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Yes it has to be something I enjoy and I have never got into running. I do love dancing and I have a DVD for the Wii which I should do. I have a treadmill in work so I have no excuses at all and I have an iPod, just need the mindset to get up from the desk and move it. On a good note I am back down by 2 lbs and although I was out Tuesday I ate light, unfortunately we had wine and mojitos so not so good. Yesterday I had to wait on my car being sorted for it's MOT and I went for a coffee, the place was just opening and the girl laid out, fresh from the oven, the biggest raspberry and White chocolate scones you ever saw. I am hanging my head in shame as I tell you all that I ate one of those scones, no butter or jam however and I then skipped lunch so maybe not so disastrous. I am hoping that the memory of that treat will stay with me for a few weeks and I will pull it out to savour if I need a fix. My virtual sweet treat.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go on the 2 lbs, that will more than make up for your trip to Paris. I totally get the lack of motivation, since my surgery I am still not even up to walking farther than the store around the corner. That raspberry and white chocolate scone sounds wonderful, I think I would have to totally avoid that particular place.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 PM
FitDay Member

Yes that cafe is now on my list of "places you must avoid"
I do know that I could never see food as a strictly functional tool to keep my body ticking over, there has to be pleasure in some of the foods we eat and the occasional treat, but
at the moment I feel guilty about eating when I don't feel truly hungry because my poor aunt has throat cancer and with her treatment she cannot swallow, so hasn't eaten in 2 weeks, now she is in hospital and I am hoping for her recovery. She is a wonderful, sparky lady who is kind and generous to everyone, please keep her in your thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.