April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Fortnightly check in.
The weight hasn't changed much (in fact it's gone up a pound) ,but there's another percentage point off my body fat, which brings me below 20%!

I've had a cold this week and been a bit indulgent as a consequence, so this result is a bit better than I'd anticipated
And now next day I'm 2lb lighter. Go figure. I don't normally bother with day-to-day fluctuations but 161lb is a new low and vanity insists that I log it
Old 02-06-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
At least for me, even if I don't lose any weight over a week, I feel better if I know I was putting my health first.
Word! Well said, and I completely agree. You got to the heart of what I was getting at. Regardless of the loss, I know when I'm not on plan. And if I'm on plan, I don't care as much about the loss.

While we're all different people, I notice a common sentiment among many on here. Speaking for myself, I'm not used to doing for me, but very used to doing for others. When I make good choices, I now feel like I'm taking care of myself. I'll speak for myself, but this is a complete re-wiring of my brain. I know for a fact that in the past, when I over indulged, I thought I was giving myself something...a treat. Really, I was just using food to cope with whatever stress or pain, or fill in your emotion. Now my brain is beginning to understand that such behavior was no different than the self-medicating that other addicts do.

Peace,

Matt
Old 02-06-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

challenge to everyone!

Next time you post your weight, include your progress in the 10% goal!
I'm down 2% - how's everyone else doing?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nottango
challenge to everyone!

Next time you post your weight, include your progress in the 10% goal!
I'm down 2% - how's everyone else doing?
Good idea. Math's not my strongest subject, so let's see:

Start at 300, so 10% loss is 30 pounds.

Weighed in this morning at 283, so down 17 pounds.

17 / 30 is about 57%.

More than halfway there!

Regards,
Michael

Oops--reread your suggestion--you want current % of body weight loss:

283 / 300 is about 94% so if I'm figuring correctly that means I'm down 6% since starting.

Last edited by mecompco; 02-06-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Word! Well said, and I completely agree. You got to the heart of what I was getting at. Regardless of the loss, I know when I'm not on plan. And if I'm on plan, I don't care as much about the loss.

While we're all different people, I notice a common sentiment among many on here. Speaking for myself, I'm not used to doing for me, but very used to doing for others. When I make good choices, I now feel like I'm taking care of myself. I'll speak for myself, but this is a complete re-wiring of my brain. I know for a fact that in the past, when I over indulged, I thought I was giving myself something...a treat. Really, I was just using food to cope with whatever stress or pain, or fill in your emotion. Now my brain is beginning to understand that such behavior was no different than the self-medicating that other addicts do.

Peace,

Matt
Great post, Matt.

Really, deep down, where the rubber meets the road, we each lose weight/get fit for ourselves. Oh, we surely appreciate the positive effect our committment to get healthier has upon our loved ones but it really, truly, is a personal thing.

No one can MAKE us give up an unhealthy lifestyle--oh, they can perhaps prod us a bit, maybe give us support (or maybe not) but, to quote a hackneyed phrase, "if it is to be, it is up to me".

And you are so right--food, alcohol, drugs, any addiction--are all just short term "solutions" to our problems.

Let us all keep making healthy choices!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-06-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Well, it looks like everybody is moving right along. I have been stuck in an airport hotel since Monday and just got home last night. It was supposed to be a 2 day business trip, but southerners don't have the equipment to deal with snow like we do up here in Michigan. I'm going to give my digestive system a few days to recover from a week of hotel food before I wiegh in. I made good choices, but it still isn't home-made.

I like the idea of adding our percentage of weight loss. Afterall, this is a percentage challange, not a pound challenge...........Kay.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

4.5% for me if I'm ciphering right.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:56 PM
FitDay Member

2.4% for me.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday it was 63% but today it is only 53%.

I had to get lazy and put a frozen pizza in the oven for dinner. I could tell the high salt content was going to be too much for me even if I didn't go over on calories.

At least it is just water retention and will go awya quickly again.

Oops! I used the wrong numbers. I was thinking of someone skinnier than myself.

57% yesterday

48% today

Last edited by rainbow24; 02-07-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning everyone!

Sorry i did not check in yesterday but i was busy skiiing! Took the day off for a little fun with the boyfriend I am currently down one pounf from last week...i am chipping away slowly at that big gain last week- i'll get there soon enough!

My week last week was OK- it took me alot to get over the 4lb gain from last week- it racked my brain emotionally for too long! Anywho i worked out 5 days last week and stayed close to my diet even on superbowl sunday

This week i plan to consume around 1,600 calories a day and drink 4 chugs of water a day. Working out 6/days this week. - Even thought i am a bit sore yesterday from skiing!

I am so determined to reach 180...I hope everyone has a GREAT week!

i'd determine by % lost but i am out of time! plus math is my weak spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.