April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
  #231  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Hey everyone, nice job on the losses And welcome to the new faces in the challenge.

I upped my calories for most of last week to 2000 per day (instead of 1500), because I felt I was losing too fast. I still managed to lose over a pound though. This week I'll try to go somewhere in between 1500-2000.

Also, my pants from my first job (when I was 16, almost 10 years ago) fit perfectly now, and most of the rest are too big. Time to do some shopping I guess.
travbrad is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
  #232  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Default

wheres the check in thread?
cscan1 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
  #233  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by cscan1 View Post
wheres the check in thread?
The Check in thread is located here:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...nge-check.html

Welcome to the Challenge!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
  #234  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by travbrad View Post
Hey everyone, nice job on the losses And welcome to the new faces in the challenge.

I upped my calories for most of last week to 2000 per day (instead of 1500), because I felt I was losing too fast. I still managed to lose over a pound though. This week I'll try to go somewhere in between 1500-2000.

Also, my pants from my first job (when I was 16, almost 10 years ago) fit perfectly now, and most of the rest are too big. Time to do some shopping I guess.
Man, you are cookin' with gas! 14 pounds down!

My loss has tapered off to around 2 lbs a week, which is perfect. I swore I wouldn't get crazy and lose weight as fast as I did last time. I think a more reasonable weight loss is to be preferred.

I hear 'ya on the pants situation. Finally got into my 44s--it's a good thing I still have all my clothes from "last time". I've got a LOT of XL and L clothes that I'm looking forward to wearing this summer.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 PM
  #235  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

travbrad- good for you! you ARE getting that weight off quickly!!!





FOOD: last week i made cabbage soup which was my first experiance with cabbage..well preparing it myself. Anywho- tonight i cooked the cabbage and put 2 cups of it in a bowl with 1/2 cup pasta sauce- (roughly 220 calories total) and it tasted like PASTA! I could not believe it- i loved it! Cabbage is my new best friend!
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
  #236  
FitDay Member
 
MunaAmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 225
Default

hohooo i lost a pound and not just any silly old pound, this one was the cursed 166th one that held on me like if stuck with Superglue for the last 6 weeks or so. I am falling behind in my plan, I'm not sure how much (not much though, according to the graph) but now it should be better.
MunaAmin is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM
  #237  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
hohooo i lost a pound and not just any silly old pound, this one was the cursed 166th one that held on me like if stuck with Superglue for the last 6 weeks or so. I am falling behind in my plan, I'm not sure how much (not much though, according to the graph) but now it should be better.
Hey, good for you! Time's flying, but you can still make it by 04/01 I think. Keep on keepin' on!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 PM
  #238  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Well, it looks like I am on the hormonal upswing again. My weight loss was ahead of schedule anyway. I am not expecting a loss when I step on the scale tomorrow morning.

Hey, Kaitlin, I always like cabbage done al dente. Spaghetti squash is good as a softer pasta alternative.
rainbow24 is offline  
Old 01-21-2011, 12:37 AM
  #239  
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

I just signed up in the April Fools Challenge. Looking to lose a full 35 pounds by 4/01. That may be a little much for so soon, but I'm going for it.
VirusInside is offline  
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
  #240  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
I just signed up in the April Fools Challenge. Looking to lose a full 35 pounds by 4/01. That may be a little much for so soon, but I'm going for it.
Welcome to the challenge. 35 in 9 weeks is pretty aggressive, but it can be done. You'll be losing fastest since your're just getting started. Go for it!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 01-21-2011 at 11:57 AM.
mecompco is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.