April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck newbies!

What is everyone planning to do this weekend? Anything fun?

I am getting my butt to the gym as i havent gone in three days...been busy doing other stuff. (but i did workout from home those days- weights, ball..etc). I am having a dinner party/game night Sat night and sunday i have nothing planned!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
Good luck newbies!

What is everyone planning to do this weekend? Anything fun?

I am getting my butt to the gym as i havent gone in three days...been busy doing other stuff. (but i did workout from home those days- weights, ball..etc). I am having a dinner party/game night Sat night and sunday i have nothing planned!
Have a great weekend! I've got the day off (snow day) so it's gonna be a 3 day. We're supposed to go to a potluck supper Saturday so I'll plan for that--we're bringing salad so at least I'll know what's in that.

Hope to have a good weigh-in tomorrow, really hope to get into the "80s"!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Have a great weekend! I've got the day off (snow day) so it's gonna be a 3 day. We're supposed to go to a potluck supper Saturday so I'll plan for that--we're bringing salad so at least I'll know what's in that.

Hope to have a good weigh-in tomorrow, really hope to get into the "80s"!

Regards,
Michael
You can do it mike! just keep your head in the game! And use this snow day to your advantage!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

MECOMPCO!!!!

What does IMO and IMHO and all those other abbreviations i see people use stand for?!?!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

MECOMPCO!!!!

What does IMO and IMHO and all those other abbreviations i see people use stand for?!?!
In My (Humble) Opinion

Of course, there are tons of others, too.

Here is a rather exhaustive alphabetical list (some are quite rude, but they've censored them a bit):

The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-21-2011, 05:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default ha!

In My (Humble) Opinion

Of course, there are tons of others, too.

Here is a rather exhaustive alphabetical list (some are quite rude, but they've censored them a bit):

The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)

Regards,
Michael

hahaha, it took me a minute to get that IMHO was - in my humble opinion! I thought it was just the start of your reply! hahaha
Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the challenge. 35 in 9 weeks is pretty aggressive, but it can be done. You'll be losing fastest since your're just getting started. Go for it!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael. I'm already down a pound!

Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie here - would like to join

Hi,
How's everyone doing? I would like to join the April Fools Day challenge. I'm 126 lbs and would like to loose 20 lbs by April 1st (I'm 5' 0' so it's within my 'healthy weight' range).
I'm currently training for a marathon and do not want to carry an extra 20 lbs for 26 miles The biggest problem I'm faced with is that I get really hungry after running and I end up going off my diet, so even thought I'm exercising I do not loose weight. Any tips on how to deal with that?

Regards,
Sharon
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

FOOD: last week i made cabbage soup which was my first experiance with cabbage..well preparing it myself. Anywho- tonight i cooked the cabbage and put 2 cups of it in a bowl with 1/2 cup pasta sauce- (roughly 220 calories total) and it tasted like PASTA! I could not believe it- i loved it! Cabbage is my new best friend!
I like to use shredded cabbage in soup with chicken and carrots, it's faux chicken noodle soup, only way yummier and better for you than canned. I've also made soup with red cabbage, beets and red onions. It was like borscht with a kick.

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
hohooo i lost a pound and not just any silly old pound, this one was the cursed 166th one that held on me like if stuck with Superglue for the last 6 weeks or so. I am falling behind in my plan, I'm not sure how much (not much though, according to the graph) but now it should be better.
Well done Superwoman!!! You gotta love beating off a tough pound.

Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
I just signed up in the April Fools Challenge. Looking to lose a full 35 pounds by 4/01. That may be a little much for so soon, but I'm going for it.
You know if you can only lose 10-20lbs. by 4/1, it will still be one for the "win" column, right?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
You know if you can only lose 10-20lbs. by 4/1, it will still be one for the "win" column, right?
Oh of course. I'd be stoked to lose 20 pounds by then. The full 35 would be better, but I'll take what I can get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.