April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
  #131  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by duane1970 View Post
I am new here today and will join this challenge. Currently at 227, I will aim for 200 by April 1st.
27 lbs in 12 weeks--yee haw! Duane, you can do it, we can help!

Keep us posted as to your progress, amigo.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 AM
  #132  
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Alright Micheal your list is finished, well it's as finished as I can get it. Mommy's tired now going to beddy-by.
almeeker is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 AM
  #133  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 37
Default

Good work on the check almeeker!!! Thanks

Well after getting all excited about tomorrow's weigh in I had a nasty binge last night! Actually talking to myself as I opened the cupboards saying "you don't need this" then something in my head saying "just go for it, it's only one day"

Feel a bit let down today but onwards and upwards!!! I wanted to start 1 day a week fast during this challenge so this is perfect time to start! Green tea and water for me today let's hope I stick to it! It's only one day right?!
GDay2011 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
  #134  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Alright Micheal your list is finished, well it's as finished as I can get it. Mommy's tired now going to beddy-by.
Woo-hoo! Had no idea we had that many participants.

Thank you very much!

Now, we'll see how many stick it out 'till April (I hope every single one). We could have several hundred pounds lost by then.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
  #135  
FitDay Member
 
MunaAmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 225
Default

I did my calculations today and i found out i would have to cut my calories by 700kcal per day and i immediately thought... i can't do it... i still keep thinking this, i can never make 700kcal deficit my average nowdays is between 3-400 so i'm aiming for almost double. But i remember when giving birth to my LO, i also screamed that i can't do it, and i did it. What's 700kcal compared to childbirth, huh i admit, i am not sure, but i will do my best.
MunaAmin is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
  #136  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Woo-hoo! Had no idea we had that many participants.

Thank you very much!

Now, we'll see how many stick it out 'till April (I hope every single one). We could have several hundred pounds lost by then.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Michael
It will be interesting to total how much weight we all lost combined!! It'll be up there
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
  #137  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by GDay2011 View Post
Good work on the check almeeker!!! Thanks

Well after getting all excited about tomorrow's weigh in I had a nasty binge last night! Actually talking to myself as I opened the cupboards saying "you don't need this" then something in my head saying "just go for it, it's only one day"

Feel a bit let down today but onwards and upwards!!! I wanted to start 1 day a week fast during this challenge so this is perfect time to start! Green tea and water for me today let's hope I stick to it! It's only one day right?!
Oh no! we all give into those urges once and awhile. we just have to grow from it!

How healthy is the "fasting"? Anyone have any info on that?
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 PM
  #138  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by munaamin View Post
i did my calculations today and i found out i would have to cut my calories by 700kcal per day and i immediately thought... I can't do it... I still keep thinking this, i can never make 700kcal deficit my average nowdays is between 3-400 so i'm aiming for almost double. But i remember when giving birth to my lo, i also screamed that i can't do it, and i did it. What's 700kcal compared to childbirth, huh :d i admit, i am not sure, but i will do my best.
you went through labor....you can do this!!!
kcolville is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:33 PM
  #139  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
I did my calculations today and i found out i would have to cut my calories by 700kcal per day and i immediately thought... i can't do it... i still keep thinking this, i can never make 700kcal deficit my average nowdays is between 3-400 so i'm aiming for almost double. But i remember when giving birth to my LO, i also screamed that i can't do it, and i did it. What's 700kcal compared to childbirth, huh i admit, i am not sure, but i will do my best.
I found the first couple of days I was hungry all the time and now I am having trouble filling in the calories per day.
So it does get easier.
rainbow24 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 PM
  #140  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by GDay2011 View Post
Good work on the check almeeker!!! Thanks

Well after getting all excited about tomorrow's weigh in I had a nasty binge last night! Actually talking to myself as I opened the cupboards saying "you don't need this" then something in my head saying "just go for it, it's only one day"

Feel a bit let down today but onwards and upwards!!! I wanted to start 1 day a week fast during this challenge so this is perfect time to start! Green tea and water for me today let's hope I stick to it! It's only one day right?!
I completely understand the bingeing. It is so hard sometimes to not give up. I took an article from Jillian Michael's and stuck it on the fridge and cupboards so when I am tempted to eat something "bad" I see her and think to myself, "What would Jillian say about this?" lol Seems to be working but we will see how it goes.

Don't give up. Just logging back onto fitday and sticking with the challenge is a great success.
telescreen00 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.