Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm completely honest with my fitday log. I keep my calories between 1250-1650 (most days), I've been pushing my proteins sky high lately between 35-40% of my calories, but in the beginning I was more like 25-35% proteins. I do a one hour hard cardio 6-7 days a week and when I miss I do something else like take a long walk, or put on my headphones, turn the music up loud and clean the house. I wear a pedometer and log 10,000+ steps almost everyday, and lately 7,000-8,000 of those steps have been aerobic (although I'm happy with 2,000 aerobic as well). When I have a really bad craving I let myself have a bite and a big big glass of water. Another thing I do is log my activities and try to push the calories burned about 1,000 more than calories eaten. So that means if I've cheated I have to do another workout to even it out. I try and drink 64 oz of water everyday, but that's where I struggle. So far today I'm at 48 and will struggle to get the last 16 down before bed.

Ugh, I hate and love you all at the same time... I was totally going to put off my workout this evening because I am in a lot of pain from bootcamp yesterday... but now you've gone and motivated me... I'll be doing that work out. There WILL be a ONE in front of my weight if I have to cut off a friggin' leg to get there! Muah.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

I am thrilled for your sucesses this week and all the hard work. I think my method is a little less aggressive, but working thus far. I eat six times a day, track my calories on fitday- stay between 1200-1500, drink unsweet tea all day long, and do light cycling while I watch TV in the morning. I know I will have to amp it up more as I get smaller, but at 241, I do what I can while trying to keep it as something I can live forever with.
1st Goal weight: 199 pounds
1st Goal date: 08/01/10
Weeks on fitday.com: 3
Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New to the forum, not to dieting or fitday...

Hello everyone!
I've been off and on fitday for a few years and have never visited the forums. I enjoyed reading everyone's post and would love to be a part of your support group. Right now I have 125 to lose and just started this week and am doing it this time with my 17 year old daughter who would also like to lose 100 pounds. We are shooting for New Years so that means 3+ a week for us.

We have been watching this season of Biggest Loser and it's very motivating....ok so it took me MONTHS to get up and take a walk but I finally walked a mile yesterday and went and did it again today.

I have done lots of dieting my entire life but always alone and no real support system other than friends on their own weight loss journey.

I'm very excited about your group and I expect to start visiting this forum daily if I can and look forward to making some new friends that understand the struggle.

CONGRATS to all of you that seem to be doing so well, hitting goals and getting new outfits and getting in to old jeans, keep it up and GOOD LUCK!

Tara
Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Ugh, I hate and love you all at the same time... I was totally going to put off my workout this evening because I am in a lot of pain from bootcamp yesterday... but now you've gone and motivated me... I'll be doing that work out. There WILL be a ONE in front of my weight if I have to cut off a friggin' leg to get there! Muah.
If you cut off that leg I will beat you with it! Just think how much harder bootcamp will be if you have to do all of it on one leg. I'm using 2 legs for my workout, and it's almost more than either one of them can handle. I'm glad you got motivated. I hate that in order to get in shape I have to fight my own nature tooth and nail. Exercise wise, I'm basically a lazy butt and the lazier I am, the lazier I get. It's a vicious ugly cycle.

Originally Posted by jennwilliams1979
I am thrilled for your sucesses this week and all the hard work. I think my method is a little less aggressive, but working thus far. I eat six times a day, track my calories on fitday- stay between 1200-1500, drink unsweet tea all day long, and do light cycling while I watch TV in the morning. I know I will have to amp it up more as I get smaller, but at 241, I do what I can while trying to keep it as something I can live forever with.
I've had to amp up quite a bit, I started at 20-30 min/day and now I'm at and hour plus, and sweating the whole time. The worse part is that the less you weigh, the longer you have to workout to burn the same calories, it just doesn't seem fair.

Originally Posted by midnightsmistress71
Hello everyone!
I've been off and on fitday for a few years and have never visited the forums. I enjoyed reading everyone's post and would love to be a part of your support group. Right now I have 125 to lose and just started this week and am doing it this time with my 17 year old daughter who would also like to lose 100 pounds. We are shooting for New Years so that means 3+ a week for us.

We have been watching this season of Biggest Loser and it's very motivating....ok so it took me MONTHS to get up and take a walk but I finally walked a mile yesterday and went and did it again today.

I have done lots of dieting my entire life but always alone and no real support system other than friends on their own weight loss journey.

I'm very excited about your group and I expect to start visiting this forum daily if I can and look forward to making some new friends that understand the struggle.

CONGRATS to all of you that seem to be doing so well, hitting goals and getting new outfits and getting in to old jeans, keep it up and GOOD LUCK!

Tara
Good luck to you and your daughter, and welcome to the forum! Check in often the ladies here are fantastic. Well I gotta go, it's time to drive the mom-cab.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm also new to Fitday, not to weight loss. I have been to Weight Watchers on and off for over 20 years. I know what it takes to lose weight, but I can seem to keep it off. So, I am optimistic that FitDay, it's forums and a new attitude is what it will take. I am inspired and encouraged by what I have read.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
If you cut off that leg I will beat you with it! Just think how much harder bootcamp will be if you have to do all of it on one leg.
Both of you crack me up!

Midnight and herestohealth - Welcome! I am pretty new too - only been back to Fitday for a week. This group is very inspiring!

Everyone say a prayer for me today. My job involves quite a bit of driving depending on the week, usually trips of 60-90 minutes one way. I think I gained my most recent 10 pounds since starting this job 3 months ago because of how easy it was to stop at McD's or grab candy when I was filling up my gas tank. For some reason, eating in my car, when no one is around to see it and then hiding the evidence later, has become a bad habit for me. I guess it must be what smokers feel like when they have to smoke when they drive. So today will be the first time since starting on Fitday again that I will have to drive for work. I've got to go about an hour and 15 minutes away, and then back again at the end of the day. I'm trying to institute a "no eating in the car" rule for myself, so I'm having my lunch before I leave my office, I've packed a South Beach granola bar for after the presentation I am driving to, and I filled up my gas tank this morning so I won't need to stop for gas and be tempted by aisles of no-no food. Then I have leftovers of a big turkey dinner I fixed last night, so just thinking of turkey and mashed potatoes (within my calorie budget of course) should get me home safe!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

egmdobbs....I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that eats in the car and then hides the evidence. Before I started to watch what I eat - I would go to Mcdonalds and get a salad....but also fries and shake. I would eat the fries and shake before I got home - and in my mind it was like it almost didn't happen. I have not done that for quite awhile, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone with that.

I've been doing pretty good this week so far, I know it's only Tuesday. But I didn't snack last night. Am I'm really looking forward to my long walk tonight! Something that made me smile this morning - I put on a pair of capris that were tight on my last summer....and they fit great! Still a size 26 - but hey at least they aren't tight!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

egmdobbs, I too LOVE to eat in the car. Driving is soooo boring. I tried to give it up, but it was an abject failure. I tried everything from locking my purse in the trunk to driving with only a gas card, drivers license and lipstick in my purse, but would always find a way to cheat. What I have discovered though is that I'm cheap, so if I have food in the car, I won't spend money on more. So I pack accordingly and take my lunch and munchies with me. And if I end up without anything I stop at Meijer and pick up either a tub of berries or cut veggies and maybe a small tub of Greek yogurt for dipping. Another thing that helps me is music that I know the words to, you don't eat near so much if you're singing off-key at the top of your lungs and banging away on the steering wheel.

disujo, congratulations on the capris!!! Very cool. Last weekend it cooled off around here and I got out a sweat shirt my husband bought for me when we were dating (like 100 years ago), and it fit!!!! I bet I haven't worn that old thing in maybe 10 years. Of course it used to be baggy, and now it's a near thing, but I got it on and wore it out in public and nobody arrested me.

BTW, reading and writing on this forum right now is keeping me from having an ice cream treat.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hey girls! I haven't checked in for awhile, been busy with all kinds of spring clean up!

So, I am STILL struggling with exercise!! I know I should do it, tell myself everyday I AM going to do it, but by the time I get home after work, feed the kids, do another load of laundry and do my never-ending housework and yardwork, I am beat. Ok, that sounds like a load of excuses, I know. I need someone to kick my butt and whip me into shape. I went out on my lunch break today and bought the 30 Day Shred DVD and am going to attempt to start doing it in the mornings. I am sooo not a morning person, but it's only 20 minutes, so I can get my butt out of bed for that I figure.

Any advice on emotional eating? I have been having a horrible week. I want chocolate, crave chocolate, MUST HAVE chocolate right now! I always turned to chocolate before when I was bummed. I bought some sugar-free pudding, very yummy and low cal. I hope that can curb the cravings. I was such an emotional eater..I am really struggling with that lately. So..any advice?

I weighed myself this morning and am down to 38.8 pounds lost! Super excited!! I bought a pair of capris this weekend that were 1 full size smaller. I did a happy dance in the store! The clerk thought it was pretty funny, haha.

Hope you all have a fantastic evening!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

welcome to all the new faces. I was so bummed out Sun I have really really been trying to get to my next decade the 240's and I was up two pounds. I had some popcorn Sat night and know I didn't gain it all in one day , but still very deflating. I'm sure it was just water gain and I watched super close and cut my calories to 1100 both Sun and Mon and guess what today I was at 250 a lose of 5 pounds so close to seeing a 240 number. so glad that I didn't get defeated and no so motivated to just keep going. I see things that I am doing now, like walking, and just a few months back I would have never even attempted to walk a block let alone a mile. Ladies, stick with it you will feel better. All of us are capable and have to find the things that work in our lifestyle and adapt them to our goals. I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.