Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I've officially lost 70 pounds as of this morning I weigh 174.4 pounds, I started at 244.6. I'm sooooo pumped up I could take on the world right now!!! Keep up the good work, I'll be back later, right now I have to drive the mom cab to school.
WOOOHOOO!!!! Rock it!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Woohoo! That is beyond awesome! You started about where I am - that gives me inspiration that I can do it too. And 3" heels = Foxy Mama!
Yes, the shoes were very sexy, until they crippled me. Argh, I had to wear shoes with a bit of heel yesterday just because my calves hurt standing flat footed. Oh, the things we ladies do for beauty.

egmdobbs, if I can do this, anyone can. I don't know too many people that enjoy eating more than I do. I still eat lots, but I'm getting to be a lot smarter about it. You'll be there soon, I have no doubt.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-03-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Way to go!! My best friend is getting married on 7/31/10 and I am the Maid of Honor, which means I need to look great. I'm terrified I won't hit it, but reading your post made me look forward to giving that toast and people wondering who Sara's new Maid of Honor is and what happened to that sweet fatty she always used to hang out with!
Silver heels... sounds hot! Now, I would have laughed if those stayed on for the soccer game, though with my clumsy butt I would have sunken right into the terf and snapped off the heel. Eh... things to look forward to when there is a "1" in front of my weight. You're an inspiration!
I considered wearing the dress, hose and dratted corset thing under the dress to the soccer games, but we have a 3 year old and she tends to smear dirt all over me all the time so I opted for my usual "mom-iform" (t-shirt and jeans) and changed in the car. You should have heard me swearing and grunting trying to get the corset thing on, meanwhile keeping all my goodies covered. I never saw so many semi-truck drivers looking out the window in my life. Figures I would learn the hard way that the only way to put one of those on is to stand up. Wearing those high heels to the soccer field never crossed my mind, I would certainly have broken a heel, or more likely, an ankle doing that.

That's so cool that you're going to be the Maid of Honor. Even if you only lose a pound between now and then, you'll look fantastic. The wedding we went to had some queen sized bridesmaids - wearing sleeveless dresses no less. But the cut was very flattering and they all looked beautiful.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
As for me, I haven't lost any more, but I have a serious case of PMS happening and am retaining water to the point that I could barely get my rings on this morning. DH's birthday was yesterday and we splurged a bit for dinner (including a very thin piece of lemon pound cake ) But I did okay otherwise. I normally have terrible sweet/salt cravings and only gave in once for some tortilla chips and salsa.

I suspect that when the PMS passes, I'll show a few more pounds off since I'm at the same weight right now as I was last time I weighed.
The last time Aunt Flo visited, I hovered over the same 2 pounds for days on end, then I dropped like a stone for almost a week straight. I don't know if this works or not, but when I'm swollen up I try and double up on the water. It seems to help me, but it takes 24-48 hours to work.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

The last time Aunt Flo visited, I hovered over the same 2 pounds for days on end, then I dropped like a stone for almost a week straight. I don't know if this works or not, but when I'm swollen up I try and double up on the water. It seems to help me, but it takes 24-48 hours to work.
Yeah, I'm boosting fluids in a major way today. Craved salty tortilla chips over the weekend and caved a bit, so I'm paying. I'm not even going to weigh til later this week at this point.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

so I opted for my usual "mom-iform" (t-shirt and jeans)
Hilarious! I take it one step down - black yoga pants and t-shirts! I'm sure it makes DH go wild! (sarcasm, of course!)

So I couldn't help but weigh-in this morning, even though I said I'd wait until Wednesdays. But I'd had such a successful weekend that I was really curious. After 5 days, I lost 2.6 pounds! It doesn't sound like alot, but I'm hoping maybe 3 pounds by Wednesday when I've been on Fitday a whole week.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Egmdobbs!! SHUT UP! I AM TURNING 30 ON JULY 7TH! YOU AND ME HAVE SIMILAR GOALS.... girl, you gotta stick in here with me!!! Let's ring in our
30th's together!!! Such a small world. And BTW, way to go on the rolled oats and splenda, great choice when there are calzones in your face. Bravo sister!
I love you saying and I have to remember that. I think I am thinking too much about the big picture of having to lose 110 and getting over whelmed
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

I've officially lost 70 pounds as of this morning I weigh 174.4 pounds, I started at 244.6. I'm sooooo pumped up I could take on the world right now!!! Keep up the good work, I'll be back later, right now I have to drive the mom cab to school.
Tell us your secrets lol
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Tell us your secrets lol
I'm completely honest with my fitday log. I keep my calories between 1250-1650 (most days), I've been pushing my proteins sky high lately between 35-40% of my calories, but in the beginning I was more like 25-35% proteins. I do a one hour hard cardio 6-7 days a week and when I miss I do something else like take a long walk, or put on my headphones, turn the music up loud and clean the house. I wear a pedometer and log 10,000+ steps almost everyday, and lately 7,000-8,000 of those steps have been aerobic (although I'm happy with 2,000 aerobic as well). When I have a really bad craving I let myself have a bite and a big big glass of water. Another thing I do is log my activities and try to push the calories burned about 1,000 more than calories eaten. So that means if I've cheated I have to do another workout to even it out. I try and drink 64 oz of water everyday, but that's where I struggle. So far today I'm at 48 and will struggle to get the last 16 down before bed.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

i've officially lost 70 pounds as of this morning i weigh 174.4 pounds, i started at 244.6. I'm sooooo pumped up i could take on the world right now!!! Keep up the good work, i'll be back later, right now i have to drive the mom cab to school.
you rock it! You can take on the world!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.