Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-02-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies!!! I'm so glad to see that everyone is having little successes in staying on track. It's so helpful to know that others are battling the bulge and although not always on track perfectly, not completely derailed either.

cc1158 I also celebrated yesterday, my cousin got married. The ceremony was beautiful, and the priest had a lovely tenor voice, the flowers were a dream come true and the dress and veil were to die for. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous the whole thing.

Then came the food at the reception, and all I have to say on that matter is that the bride is from the south, and the caterer followed suit. A study in contrasts I tell you, chocolate fountains (yes fountains with and "s"), next to fresh cut veggies, fried chicken with garden salad. I did manage to find a few things to eat, you should have seen the look on the caterers face when I told her to pile on the green beans, and then I ask her double the amount she'd put on my plate. The green beans of course were buttered, but that was a much better choice than the mashed potatoes with butter & sour cream, topped with roast beef gravy, or the cheesy potatoes or the buttered corn... Lots of hidden calories on that buffet, mountains and mountains of them. I also got a salad, but the only thing on the salad bar not loaded with calories was lettuce, so I ate a huge pile of it plain.

I had a funny moment when I realized that people were watching me eat, because I had a serious pile of food in front of me and I was starving (so there was nothing dainty about it). Then my nephew made a funny comment about how I must be working out really hard because obviously I wasn't starving myself to death LOL. Too funny!!! I've lost quite a bit since I saw some of them, so I think some thought there was a chance I had acquired an eating disorder or some such. Nope.

I wore a new dress, and some killer 3" silver high heals, which showed off the new me. And although I don't have anywhere near a perfect body, it's shockingly better than it was at Christmas. I got mouth dropped open comments from almost everyone, very funny, very nice. Even DH said some nice things, and well he's a keeper, but not much of a talker (and never one for empty flattery). He'd seen the dress on the hanger, but not on me. The funny part was we had to go directly from soccer to the wedding, so I had to shimmy into it in the front seat of the car. We swerved a little at one point...

Well I gotta go, Grandma is in the hospital and I want to visit her today.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
Almeeker..you had me chuckling at dressing in the front of the car..just like in the movies! Sounds like you had a great time and wow'd everyone!! Good for you...loving the 3 inch spiked heels...
Christine hoping the stress levels are lower this week. Sounds like you manuvered yourself quite well with the meal out last night. Sharing a meal is a good idea.
Welcome edmdobbs and jennwilliams...
Speedy I think coming here and posting about the stress ,,mishaps,,or frustrations etc helps in a big way with our journey! Sometimes just to vent or get feedback...its all good.
Erinn you are becoming the exercise queen!! would love to see some progress pics as well!!

Not much going on here today.its going to be a nice day, maybe get outside and just enjoy that sunshine will be on the plan.
have a great week everyone....drink your water and eat your veggies!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Morning everyone

Erinn you are becoming the exercise queen!! would love to see some progress pics as well!!

Not much going on here today.its going to be a nice day, maybe get outside and just enjoy that sunshine will be on the plan.
have a great week everyone....drink your water and eat your veggies!
Ok, I normally don't think of myself as intellectually challenged - however, I can not for the life of me figure out how to out up more than 1 pic on here. Should I just post them on my Facebook and let you ladies take a gander? Even on here, my pics need to be 100x100... SO TINY. I resized, but again I can only do one...
That being said, I dug out my photos from my daughter's 1st birthday... the Mama in those pics was so sad. She was living in a flesh prison. I can't believe that's me... I was actually very emotional about it this morning. Last night, I had my S.O. take FULL body (with clothes on, lol) progress shots, so I can really SEE the difference. I am thinking of taking them weekly, the night before my bootcamps... which are KILLING ME!!! I was also considering a video blog... I have the groovy little camera, but I can't get it and my laptop to speak to eachother (must have been an awful breakup) so I will be trapped in the home office working on the desktop - blech. Anyways, I am off to bed - 5AM workout!! You guys are amazing, don't know what I would do without you.
Tip for tomorrow - drink your WATER! Put Crystal Light (or generic if you're poor like me) or whatever you need to do to get it down your throat... just drink it. Isn't it funny how so many other nasty things made their ways cheerfully down our gullets, but a glass of water can't? Huh.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Jennwilliams - I am also new to the board - welcome!

Just a quick victory for the day...DH had a friend over to work in the garage today and they wanted pizza and beer for dinner. I ordered only enough calzones for the two of them so there was no chance I would eat any. Instead, I am having a sort-of-guilty pleasure...steel cut oats with splenda brown sugar and skim milk. And I'm well within my calories for the day at only 1,300. Weekends are always hard for me, so I gotta celebrate the little things!
Egmdobbs!! SHUT UP! I AM TURNING 30 ON JULY 7TH! YOU AND ME HAVE SIMILAR GOALS.... girl, you gotta stick in here with me!!! Let's ring in our
30th's together!!! Such a small world. And BTW, way to go on the rolled oats and splenda, great choice when there are calzones in your face. Bravo sister!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Morning ladies!!! I'm so glad to see that everyone is having little successes in staying on track. It's so helpful to know that others are battling the bulge and although not always on track perfectly, not completely derailed either.

cc1158 I also celebrated yesterday, my cousin got married. The ceremony was beautiful, and the priest had a lovely tenor voice, the flowers were a dream come true and the dress and veil were to die for. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous the whole thing.

Then came the food at the reception, and all I have to say on that matter is that the bride is from the south, and the caterer followed suit. A study in contrasts I tell you, chocolate fountains (yes fountains with and "s"), next to fresh cut veggies, fried chicken with garden salad. I did manage to find a few things to eat, you should have seen the look on the caterers face when I told her to pile on the green beans, and then I ask her double the amount she'd put on my plate. The green beans of course were buttered, but that was a much better choice than the mashed potatoes with butter & sour cream, topped with roast beef gravy, or the cheesy potatoes or the buttered corn... Lots of hidden calories on that buffet, mountains and mountains of them. I also got a salad, but the only thing on the salad bar not loaded with calories was lettuce, so I ate a huge pile of it plain.

I had a funny moment when I realized that people were watching me eat, because I had a serious pile of food in front of me and I was starving (so there was nothing dainty about it). Then my nephew made a funny comment about how I must be working out really hard because obviously I wasn't starving myself to death LOL. Too funny!!! I've lost quite a bit since I saw some of them, so I think some thought there was a chance I had acquired an eating disorder or some such. Nope.

I wore a new dress, and some killer 3" silver high heals, which showed off the new me. And although I don't have anywhere near a perfect body, it's shockingly better than it was at Christmas. I got mouth dropped open comments from almost everyone, very funny, very nice. Even DH said some nice things, and well he's a keeper, but not much of a talker (and never one for empty flattery). He'd seen the dress on the hanger, but not on me. The funny part was we had to go directly from soccer to the wedding, so I had to shimmy into it in the front seat of the car. We swerved a little at one point...

Way to go!! My best friend is getting married on 7/31/10 and I am the Maid of Honor, which means I need to look great. I'm terrified I won't hit it, but reading your post made me look forward to giving that toast and people wondering who Sara's new Maid of Honor is and what happened to that sweet fatty she always used to hang out with!
Silver heels... sounds hot! Now, I would have laughed if those stayed on for the soccer game, though with my clumsy butt I would have sunken right into the terf and snapped off the heel. Eh... things to look forward to when there is a "1" in front of my weight. You're an inspiration!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Big big news this morning!!!!!

I've officially lost 70 pounds as of this morning I weigh 174.4 pounds, I started at 244.6. I'm sooooo pumped up I could take on the world right now!!! Keep up the good work, I'll be back later, right now I have to drive the mom cab to school.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies!! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I love the story of changing in the front seat! Hopefully there was lot of laughing!!

Weighed in this morning - 271.0!!!! 31 pounds gone!! Even with having a terrible cold and laying around all weekend - the pounds are coming off! I can't wait to see that scale hit below 270!!

I'm at work and probably should get to doing something! Keep up the great work everyone!!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

I've officially lost 70 pounds as of this morning I weigh 174.4 pounds, I started at 244.6. I'm sooooo pumped up I could take on the world right now!!! Keep up the good work, I'll be back later, right now I have to drive the mom cab to school.
Woohoo! That is beyond awesome! You started about where I am - that gives me inspiration that I can do it too. And 3" heels = Foxy Mama!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Egmdobbs!! SHUT UP! I AM TURNING 30 ON JULY 7TH! YOU AND ME HAVE SIMILAR GOALS.... girl, you gotta stick in here with me!!! Let's ring in our
30th's together!!! Such a small world. And BTW, way to go on the rolled oats and splenda, great choice when there are calzones in your face. Bravo sister!
You have done AMAZING on your journey so far! The way I figure it, if we get fit and healthy by 30, we can spend the next 40-60 years enjoying it, right? I don't know about you, but I've spent the last 15 years (since middle school) being the "fat girl", and now it's time to be the MILF!

Oh - and I am on Facebook. E-mail is [email protected] if you want to add me.

Last edited by egmdobbs; 05-03-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
This is so true. I wake up early and get about 30 mins of good cardio with stretching in. In the evening, I am doing all my calistenics (I won't scare you with what my trainer has me doing, she is evil and must be force fed cheesecake). When I first started to exercise, I did it in the morning. It was a great way to start my day - and kept the more dangeorus food out of my mouth since I didn't want to have "wasted an entire workout." Try getting up just 30 minutes earlier, making some coffee (if that's your thing) and walking at a moderate pace with headphones? If you walk for just 15 minutes, that's still a great start and will motivate you to try to add a little bit more. Exercise is like a savings account - whatever you put in will help.
So far I'm at an hour 4 days a week, except the days that I'm at 30 minutes and do 30 minutes on the BowFlex. And the iPod is a life saver!!! I'm getting up an hour and 15 minutes earlier than I normally do. So Wednesday is my mid week "day off" if I need some extra sleep so far. But today was the beginning of week 4 and we'll see if I can get that 5th day in for an hour's workout!

Thanks for that wonderful laugh so early in the morning! Great job withstanding temptation at the wedding!

Congratulations!!! You're doing so well!

As for me, I haven't lost any more, but I have a serious case of PMS happening and am retaining water to the point that I could barely get my rings on this morning. DH's birthday was yesterday and we splurged a bit for dinner (including a very thin piece of lemon pound cake ) But I did okay otherwise. I normally have terrible sweet/salt cravings and only gave in once for some tortilla chips and salsa.

I suspect that when the PMS passes, I'll show a few more pounds off since I'm at the same weight right now as I was last time I weighed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.