Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Thursday... weigh in day... I have definitely bumped my protein up this week. I am hoping I see it pay off tomorrow. I have less than 2 pounds to go before I have lost 10% of my body weight. I don't think I am going to make my goal of being 270 by the 26th, but I am going to keep working at it. If I lose the last bit to get to 10% lost, I am rewarding myself with a facial tomorrow. Here's hoping I am getting gooped and cleansed tomorrow.

For those who are feeling more tired than usual... boy was that me the past 2 weeks, I can honestly say that by jumping up the protein I am certainly feeling tons better. My nutritionist actually told me that he doesn't care about calories, just the carbs and protein. I hope everyone gets perked up and feeling better.
Great job on the weight loss. Hey, if you don't make your goal by the 26th, there is always the 27th or 28th or the 6th of May right?

Clearly your nutritionist is a skinny human? My bff is a nutritionist. She's always saying things that are counter to my own experience, but again she's never been a fat girl. I swear being obese changes you body and mind forever. I've tried to explain to her that I'm never going to be completely over my food fixation, but I am learning to control it and live a healthier lifestyle, and for me it's hard work and does not, and will never, come naturally. She thinks that it's like the flu and one day I'll just wake up and be over it. Which we all know is bunk. I feel like being obese is similar to motherhood. I'll never forget how it felt to be pregnant or get rid of the stretch marks even though I'm no longer pregnant or plan to be. That's the part she doesn't understand. I'm forever changed by obesity and I'll never be able to go back to exactly the same skinny person I was 20 years ago. Even once I reach my goal weigh, I'm still going to have the soul of a fat girl. My bff thinks that you can reverse your relationship with food and wipe out all your issues with it, and pretend they never happened. But she also has a tendency to live her life wearing rose colored glasses, which I just can't do.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-22-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
Every morning? Isn't it depressing? I was planning to weigh no more than every 2 weeks, but got BACK on the scale this morning to see another 2 and 1/2 gone! Something I'm doing is RIGHT!
No it isn't depressing. I've weighed myself every morning since the second day of 4th grade. It's sort of like brushing my teeth, I don't really think about it I just do it. I don't get bummed out about a pound or two here and there, it gives me direction for the day. This morning I was up a little, so I looked at the food log and realized that I've had beef twice this week, so tonight I'm thinking we'll have fish or chicken. I'm also going to ramp up my protein today and watch the carbs a little closer than usual.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

YES! It's Gallo salami, and it's a mixture of turkey and pork. Just looking at it you can see how little fat there is. In 1 serving, there is 70 calories, and 7 grams of protein. I think the fat was around 4 or 7 grams...MUCH better than regular salami. I hope you find it, Walmart stopped stocking it, but Raley's has it.
Thanks so much. I will look for Gallo next time out. Albertson's bought out all of our town's Raley's but they're really good at ordering stuff. I'm going to look for it - I love making roll ups with lunch meat, some lowfat cheese & veggies & it keeps me feeling like I'm not missing anything even though I don't eat bread any more. But since I"m using dh's lunch meats from the deli I use Fitday's calculations and never really know if it's accurate or not. This way I can have my own & know for sure. Speaking of ordering things - PopSecret makes a 100 calorie a bag popcorn, too.
You're so close to that goal of a whole 10% body fat GONE! I'm so excited & proud of you!! Great work.
Clearly your nutritionist is a skinny human? My bff is a nutritionist. She's always saying things that are counter to my own experience, but again she's never been a fat girl. I swear being obese changes you body and mind forever. I've tried to explain to her that I'm never going to be completely over my food fixation, but I am learning to control it and live a healthier lifestyle, and for me it's hard work and does not, and will never, come naturally. She thinks that it's like the flu and one day I'll just wake up and be over it. Which we all know is bunk. I feel like being obese is similar to motherhood. I'll never forget how it felt to be pregnant or get rid of the stretch marks even though I'm no longer pregnant or plan to be. That's the part she doesn't understand. I'm forever changed by obesity and I'll never be able to go back to exactly the same skinny person I was 20 years ago. Even once I reach my goal weigh, I'm still going to have the soul of a fat girl. My bff thinks that you can reverse your relationship with food and wipe out all your issues with it, and pretend they never happened. But she also has a tendency to live her life wearing rose colored glasses, which I just can't do.
Almeeker, I understand what you're saying, yet I think I understand where your bff is coming from, too because some people can and will change their predominate mindsets eventually (however they are wiser & more experienced) while others won't or can't ever change theirs. Throughout my life I've seen this over & over again for many different people having different experiences including substance abuse, relationship issues (repeatedly), etc.
Your post gave me much food for thought, thanks for writing what you did. For myself I know that I will never ever forget my experiences of being morbidly obese, the hurts (emotional & physical), the rejections (from self & others), the difficulties (hey, even tying my shoes was so hard it left me out of breath) and my past relationship with food. These are the psychological aspects caused by mindsets that I'm diligently working to change because I don't want to be wearing a size 12 and still see myself as the fat girl like I did when I used to wear a size 12. I had a lousy self-image caused by those mindsets & those won't change by just losing the weight.
On my journey I'm taking time to talk to myself through out the day - I'm doing positive reinforcements about how I look, how I feel, what good choices I'm learning to make, positive personal stuff I do/am about, etc. What I'm finding is that I like myself more, not because of the weight loss, but because my mindset is shifting and that allows me to be more gentle, understanding with myself & I see the good stuff about me. So even though I don't think that I'll forget what it was like before, my mindset is different and I am already starting to change the way I see & think of myself & food. I have a long way to go, but since this journey will be at least another year there's plenty of time for me to keep addressing my old mindsets that undermine me (self sabotage, fixating, etc). Lots of work with the fixating LOL.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Great job on the weight loss. Hey, if you don't make your goal by the 26th, there is always the 27th or 28th or the 6th of May right?

Yes, he is a skinny human and all of his Physician's assistants are supposedly past patients... nonetheless... I weighed in this morning (on a different scale than I usually do) and I only lost 1 pound this week. So, on Sunday I am enrolling in a 12 week Momma Boot Camp. It's a combo of personal training, nutrition and counseling about why I am obese... and for TWELVE WEEKS... it only costs $300. Much cheaper than my crackpot nutritionist, lol.

I feel strong with my relationship with food, as long as I don't EVER EVER give myself an inch. The moment I take, "just one bite" of something, then I eat all of everything. If I stay vigilant about not letting anything off my diet pass my lips, the easier I find it to stay on plan. I just act like I am in recovery or I have an allergy - which I guess is the truth when you get right down to it, but nonetheless I am terrified of the time when I am supposed to eat a maintenance plan... I know that available food is my weakness, maybe I'll just always be that girl at the party who refuses the cake instead of the one who is lining up for a second piece, or "cleaning up" so she can swipe her finger on the dishes.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Almeeker, I understand what you're saying, yet I think I understand where your bff is coming from, too because some people can and will change their predominate mindsets eventually (however they are wiser & more experienced) while others won't or can't ever change theirs. Throughout my life I've seen this over & over again for many different people having different experiences including substance abuse, relationship issues (repeatedly), etc.
Your post gave me much food for thought, thanks for writing what you did. For myself I know that I will never ever forget my experiences of being morbidly obese, the hurts (emotional & physical), the rejections (from self & others), the difficulties (hey, even tying my shoes was so hard it left me out of breath) and my past relationship with food. These are the psychological aspects caused by mindsets that I'm diligently working to change because I don't want to be wearing a size 12 and still see myself as the fat girl like I did when I used to wear a size 12. I had a lousy self-image caused by those mindsets & those won't change by just losing the weight.
On my journey I'm taking time to talk to myself through out the day - I'm doing positive reinforcements about how I look, how I feel, what good choices I'm learning to make, positive personal stuff I do/am about, etc. What I'm finding is that I like myself more, not because of the weight loss, but because my mindset is shifting and that allows me to be more gentle, understanding with myself & I see the good stuff about me. So even though I don't think that I'll forget what it was like before, my mindset is different and I am already starting to change the way I see & think of myself & food. I have a long way to go, but since this journey will be at least another year there's plenty of time for me to keep addressing my old mindsets that undermine me (self sabotage, fixating, etc). Lots of work with the fixating LOL.
I love that we are all so very honest here, I talk to myself too. I don't have a ton of self esteem issues, I decided ages ago to be happy with the fat me, she's a great lady, a great friend and a great cook - no shame in any of that. My bff is a great person, but she and I don't see eye to eye on this issue. The weird part is that she has counseled lots obese people (not all of them successfully, her own sister weighs 400+). I've been trying to tell her that some of my food issues are from the way I was socialized and some of them are from being a long time carboholic. I don't think she believes that carboholism is real, but I know from experience that it is real and that I'm a classic textbook case of it. I have memories centered around carboholic behavior from as far back as I can remember. I'm determined to get to a healthy weight in a healthy way and stay there, but that none of the effort it takes comes naturally to me - although "thin behavior" is coming more and more easily the longer I do it. I'm never going to forget being a fat girl and I'm always going to want a piece of birthday cake, even when I'm not hungry. And when I am hungry I'm going to want 2-3 pieces.

Yes, he is a skinny human and all of his Physician's assistants are supposedly past patients... nonetheless... I weighed in this morning (on a different scale than I usually do) and I only lost 1 pound this week. So, on Sunday I am enrolling in a 12 week Momma Boot Camp. It's a combo of personal training, nutrition and counseling about why I am obese... and for TWELVE WEEKS... it only costs $300. Much cheaper than my crackpot nutritionist, lol.

I feel strong with my relationship with food, as long as I don't EVER EVER give myself an inch. The moment I take, "just one bite" of something, then I eat all of everything. If I stay vigilant about not letting anything off my diet pass my lips, the easier I find it to stay on plan. I just act like I am in recovery or I have an allergy - which I guess is the truth when you get right down to it, but nonetheless I am terrified of the time when I am supposed to eat a maintenance plan... I know that available food is my weakness, maybe I'll just always be that girl at the party who refuses the cake instead of the one who is lining up for a second piece, or "cleaning up" so she can swipe her finger on the dishes.
You know the interesting thing is that I allow myself an inch. I used to feel like you do and never give in for fear of falling off the wagon, but I've found that deprivation actually makes the cravings worse. So now I sometimes let myself have a bite, along with a great big glass of water, and it seems to help shut the screaming craving off a little.

Very cool on the cheap boot camp program, it sounds great.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-22-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all,

I am a 33 yr old female, 5'6 weighting 250.50 pounds. My end goal is to get to 140 since my range is 155-124. I have a big build so I think 124 is rediculous for me.

I am so tired of caring around this extra weight and seeing the scales go up everytime I get on them. I am scared because I can not afford to get any bigger.

I am not good at diets but I am trying. I have been on all sorts of diets even Berstein so my metabolism is probably shot.

I will need any help I can get regarding the food part since I am working out 5 days a week on my lunch for 45 mins now.

I look forward to hearing about you,
Christine
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Need to lose over 100 pounds

Hey all,

I am a 33 yr old female, 5'6 weighting 250.50 pounds. My end goal is to get to 140 since my range is 155-124. I have a big build so I think 124 is rediculous for me.

I am so tired of caring around this extra weight and seeing the scales go up everytime I get on them. I am scared because I can not afford to get any bigger.

I am not good at diets but I am trying. I have been on all sorts of diets even Berstein so my metabolism is probably shot.

I will need any help I can get regarding the food part since I am working out 5 days a week on my lunch for 45 mins now.

Christine
Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Truer words have never been spoken. You are so right here! They'll never understand!!!

No it isn't depressing. I've weighed myself every morning since the second day of 4th grade. It's sort of like brushing my teeth, I don't really think about it I just do it. I don't get bummed out about a pound or two here and there, it gives me direction for the day. This morning I was up a little, so I looked at the food log and realized that I've had beef twice this week, so tonight I'm thinking we'll have fish or chicken. I'm also going to ramp up my protein today and watch the carbs a little closer than usual.
I'll have to try weighing in more often I guess. You guys are so right about the protein and not enough making you tired. I'm working with a modified South Beach plan, watching the carbs, especially the type of carbs and not eating too many in the afternoon. I also try not to eat after 7 at night at all.

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey all,

Christine
Hang in there. With working out for that long every day, you WILL boost your metabolism. I've moved to an hour 5 days a week (though I don't always get it in, usually 4 days a week).
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey all,

Christine
HI Christine - glad that you found us over here. What kinds of foods are you eating now? Maybe if you gave us some examples of a typical day ppl could share what's worked for them & what they see that might be a problem. Great going on the workouts! Getting to make it a daily habit was really hard for me. I still have to make myself do it most days.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning & TGIF everyone. I hope you have fun things planned for your weekend, or at least interesting things planned. LOL - I'll be out in the garden, bliss! Have a wonderful day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.