Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies! How's it going? I'm really beat tonight, I haven't done a big shop in 3 weeks and spent the afternoon out taking care of that. I'm a wacky coupon lady, so it takes a while. I also shop with children, so that adds time as well. The good news is that is I made a really big number on the pedometer, and bought a house full of really healthy food, which didn't break the bank. All good, except the over tired feeling. Then I went to log my foods into fitday and realized I'm low on calories, which might explain the tired feeling. I tried to find a way to get my calories to have the right pie chart, but I really wasn't hungry enough to eat an extra 200-300 calories (most of them protein and fat). So I just ate the chili I was planning on and threw some extra cheese on it. So now I feel full and even more sleepy.

hiddenhope, sorry work is so stressful. Hopefully they will hire the perfect new boss tomorrow? I always said about work that it was necessary they write me a paycheck because there's no way I was doing it for free. I've been trying to do the green tea thing too, although I hesitate to admit I'm taking the Celestial Seasoning road, hey it was on sale today and I had a $1 off coupon.

montanacricket, way to go on the 4.5 pounds, awesome. I haven't had a week like that in months. Yes do join us on the pedometer challenge. So far I haven't got very many people participating, but I keep hoping I'm motivating people to at least think about it. It helps me - a lot.

desertmountain, so you get motivated by clothes too small to fit into as well? That's fantastic. A friend of mine thought I was nuts to buy clothes that didn't fit me. Hey I got into all my old skinny clothes and needed new ones to work toward. I find it really motivating, she's a skinny tightwad and thought it was a big waste of money. Oh and I did get some new jeans, but yesterday I wasn't leaving the house really, so I just threw those big ones on while I was doing laundry. Today I wore the new ones, and guess what, they're getting loose. Not so loose they'll fall down any time soon, but maybe in the not too distant future.

Well gotta go, it's time to read to the little heathens, uh, I mean sweet darling well behaved chilren.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default This week so far...

Been eating well, found LIGHT SALAMI! Yea baby! Totally my saving grace this week since the turkey pastrami was getting tired.
Lots of fluids, all my vitamins.
Last night, my 7 year old wanted to go to the gym... well obviously I didn't go... I didn't get to be a fat girl by hiking it to the gym every night!
So, she agreed to give me the night off, if I got up at 5am this morning and go with her then - she's training to be a gymnast. I can't believe I am saying this, but I got up! We worked out for about 30 minutes - aerobics and weights. Felt really good. Going again tomorrow so I can get all prepared for those personal trainer sessions.

I just got done reading everyone's posts... you guys are so awesome, I just love you! I really enjoy the support and the real-world perspective you give. I'm going to try to be on here more to GIVE support, not just get it.

Off to bed, 5 AM comes early - especially when it comes at the gym and not a Dunkin Donuts.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jordanna1979
Hiya everyone - I weighed in this morning and only lost a pound, kind of frustrating but oh well I'll hope for a better # next week

I took new progress pictures and I can see a big difference in my face this month but not much else. They're posted on my blog if anyone is curious

Have a good day everyone!
Hey Jordana - I love your blog, you're hilarious girl. Our sons are just a few days apart - Joeldon was born on 5/5... which means that Hudson is gearing up for his big day THIS WEEK! I had to laugh because reading about Hudson was just like reading about my own independent little man who somehow doesn't think he is a baby anymore - unless he's sick or too sleepy to resist a bottle of warm milk.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default good morning

Hi all, you are all so motivating- been having a hard time with cravings this week too. Congrats on all of you who did not go to the dark side lol. If there would have been something in this house last night i would have gobbled it up. Luckily, I was in my PJ's and was more tired than I was motivated to go out and get a snack. Maybe that has something to do with it- I have been really tired the last few days and cannot figure out the reason- sleeping the same and have not done anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I will bump up my iron, I can get anemic at times and maybe it is low.

Skinnyerinn- is that salami a package or have a brand name, I would like to find it in my area. I pack my lunch for work and that would be a terrific alternative- I get tired of fat-free turkey. LOL
Old 04-21-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
After my first week last week of my new walking routine (an hour a day, five days a week) and being back on Fitday for a bit over a week, I bravely stepped back on the scale this morning.

I'm still trying to figure out the best day/time to weigh, since I get up at 4:45 to walk and have a smoothy on my way to the basement and drink most of a liter of water while I'm walking. But I weighed in after my shower this morning and I've lost 4.5 pounds since last Monday. Ahhh success!!! I'll be smiling all day today!

Thanks for all the support I'm getting here. I told my daughter this morning, only 115.5 to go!!!
I weigh in every morning, right out of bed, naked as the day I was born, after I pee. Then I get dressed and work out. I hit 65 pounds this morning!!!! Very pumped, feeling really good about life in general. And I'm sitting here in my size 16P LL Bean jeans that I bought at Goodwill last month, and I can even breath. Admittedly I have a bit of pooch sloshing out above the waist band, but I'm willing to live with it - for today.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-21-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Grocery coupons! I usually forget to bring them. *head thunk at the checkout* I love that feeling when the house is full of healthy nutritious food especially when there's discounts & savings involved.

Skinnyerrin-I'm with Speedyfair, does that light salami have a name? I found some 'light' peperoni at Walmart (forget the name, it sounded Italian with a red & green label) it had almost half the calories of regular peperoni but it still had a lot of fat grams & calories so I didn't get it. Ever since I saw it I've been thinking, uh...fixating, about how to make them into a crustless pizza. I'm really impressed at your new lifestyle choices! The gym instead of going to DD - That is so awesome.

Speedyfair: I'm glad you didn't go to the dark side! LOL Everyone wants to snack when we're fatigued b/c our bodies are screaming for energy. I usually scream back, 'Eat all the stored fat why don'tcha?!' Funny how my body has a mind of its own & never listens. I'm wondering if you're eating enough calories & protein? Hopefully the iron supplement will do the trick quickly but if not maybe you can check your Fitday values to see where you can bump up the protein or cals. They say that carbs are good for fast energy but I find that it actually makes me feel more tired in the long run but protein helps my energy levels stay even. After my body ignores my suggestion of eating stored fat I'll eat a high protein snack like 1 oz of lowfat cheese, fat free cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (no fruit or sugar added) a couple of walnuts or 1 oz of meat. It perks me up in about 15-20 minutes. Takes longer to take affect compared to eating carbs, but there's no rebound of feeling drained again or worse after an hour. I get that drained feeling when I don't eat enough calories too. It's like my body wants to shut down & sleep. Hopefully you'll get that straightened out quickly - keep us posted.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I hit 65 pounds this morning!!!! Very pumped, feeling really good about life in general. And I'm sitting here in my size 16P LL Bean jeans that I bought at Goodwill last month, and I can even breath.
WooHoo!! 65 is awesome! You Rock!!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

montanacricket, way to go on the 4.5 pounds, awesome. I haven't had a week like that in months. Yes do join us on the pedometer challenge. So far I haven't got very many people participating, but I keep hoping I'm motivating people to at least think about it. It helps me - a lot.
Being as it was 10 days into my journey, I figured I'd do okay, but wasn't sure. It sure was refreshing to see the scale move downward instead of upward!

I need to pick up a battery for my pedometer, and will join you guys on the pedometer challenge after that.

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Skinnyerrin-I'm with Speedyfair, does that light salami have a name? I found some 'light' peperoni at Walmart (forget the name, it sounded Italian with a red & green label) it had almost half the calories of regular peperoni but it still had a lot of fat grams & calories so I didn't get it. Ever since I saw it I've been thinking, uh...fixating, about how to make them into a crustless pizza. I'm really impressed at your new lifestyle choices! The gym instead of going to DD - That is so awesome.
WalMart here sells Turkey pepperoni--it's got all the great flavor but is much lower (it's all relative right?) in fat than regular. I love pepperoni too much to give it up completely though. And I would love to find some light salami too!!!!

I weigh in every morning, right out of bed, naked as the day I was born, after I pee. Then I get dressed and work out. I hit 65 pounds this morning!!!! Very pumped, feeling really good about life in general. And I'm sitting here in my size 16P LL Bean jeans that I bought at Goodwill last month, and I can even breath. Admittedly I have a bit of pooch sloshing out above the waist band, but I'm willing to live with it - for today.
Every morning? Isn't it depressing? I was planning to weigh no more than every 2 weeks, but got BACK on the scale this morning to see another 2 and 1/2 gone! Something I'm doing is RIGHT!

But sadly I have to admit to exhaustion this morning. I didn't get up to work out, took a day. Maybe next week it'll be all five days! But I will be up walking tomorrow again!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
Hi all, you are all so motivating- been having a hard time with cravings this week too. Congrats on all of you who did not go to the dark side lol. If there would have been something in this house last night i would have gobbled it up. Luckily, I was in my PJ's and was more tired than I was motivated to go out and get a snack. Maybe that has something to do with it- I have been really tired the last few days and cannot figure out the reason- sleeping the same and have not done anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I will bump up my iron, I can get anemic at times and maybe it is low.

Skinnyerinn- is that salami a package or have a brand name, I would like to find it in my area. I pack my lunch for work and that would be a terrific alternative- I get tired of fat-free turkey. LOL
YES! It's Gallo salami, and it's a mixture of turkey and pork. Just looking at it you can see how little fat there is. In 1 serving, there is 70 calories, and 7 grams of protein. I think the fat was around 4 or 7 grams...MUCH better than regular salami. I hope you find it, Walmart stopped stocking it, but Raley's has it.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday... weigh in day... I have definitely bumped my protein up this week. I am hoping I see it pay off tomorrow. I have less than 2 pounds to go before I have lost 10% of my body weight. I don't think I am going to make my goal of being 270 by the 26th, but I am going to keep working at it. If I lose the last bit to get to 10% lost, I am rewarding myself with a facial tomorrow. Here's hoping I am getting gooped and cleansed tomorrow.

For those who are feeling more tired than usual... boy was that me the past 2 weeks, I can honestly say that by jumping up the protein I am certainly feeling tons better. My nutritionist actually told me that he doesn't care about calories, just the carbs and protein. I hope everyone gets perked up and feeling better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.