Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Wildbeanerz – I send you strength. You don’t even look old enough to have teens. I will only say my oldest child was a challenge and we went through some very dark times. Today at 32 she is the most amazing mother of two beautiful girls. I’m very proud of how she turned herself around. She said she wouldn’t have been able to do it without knowing that I always loved her no matter what, sometimes I just didn’t like her.

You were reassuring Wild Beanerz but you also reassured me. I adore my daughter (even tho I too sometimes don't like her) and we have been going thru some incredibly DARK times. And I know I make it worse by getting angry. And I remember my Dad saying to me I love you but sometimes I don't like you and now I get it. I really really get it.

Last edited by canary52; 02-23-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, I'm such a veggie lover that I'd go nuts without my 5 servings of low carb veggies daily. I'm not even talking about balanced diet or health when I say that--I just love veggies. One of my granddaughters (not the one who lives with me, thank God) thinks I'm from your home planet of Annoy the Crap Out of You. When she acts like that I put her in her place by telling her "I love you, but contrary to what you believe, my world does not revolve around you." I believe protein actually helps speed up metabolism and helps burn fat, so there is a difference between eating 1250 calories of protein or 1250 calories of carbs. It's also supposed to give us more stamina for exercise if we consume some 25 minutes before exercise, but personally, I can't tell the difference.
Mern I am a veggie lover too and today I am having some. Yes. And you're right: there is a difference between protein and carb calories. All kidding aside, when I eat lower carb it helps me healthwise. No necessarily no carb tho. I am just doing this a while to jumpstart myself, to try and get things under control somewhat.

As for kids, I used to tell my daughter when she was younger, do you think the uiverse is so small that it could revolve around you?

Last edited by canary52; 02-23-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, my shirt stays on now. I've gotten so fat that it takes too long just to take it off, like unpeeling an orange. The seafood wasn't during the parade. I just posted that to see if Tori would treat her phone like a scratch and sniff.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I am going for a BIG bowl of bunny munch today. I love that expression BTW.

I think it's so perceptive that your DD said eat an apple. She knew. Mine should have thrown a bushel of em at me last night (and I bet she would have liked to hurl something at me besides angry words.). I went from being Tony Soprano to being Linda Blair in The Exorcist. But after the smoke cleared, we stayed up and talked till 1:30. We have a close but very fraught relationship.

As for exercise, I could not even dream of Bob Harper or any of those boot camp classes with those frightening little instructors. And me and Zumba? Scary, oooh, too scary.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, that seafood looked AMAZING. You should do some kind of Cajun Catering.

Tori, have you tried The Gumbo Shop? Mike, do you know it? Really good. It might be open past 9.

If I lived in NOLA I would get so fat, I wouldn't take ANYTHING off. Ever.

BTW I once heard on NPR that for some parties in NOLA people cook gumbo in garbage cans, instead of pots, to accomodate all the people - clean new ones, of course.

Last edited by canary52; 02-23-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The seafood wasn't during the parade. I just posted that to see if Tori would treat her phone like a scratch and sniff.
so mean!!!! (tearing up just a lil bit)

Up and headed in for breakfast and then some cemetery touring. Hopefully my ankles won't swell like they did yesterday.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily (weekends too!!) M: Yes, T: No, W: Yes,
2. Just because someone else is eating doesn't mean I need to be eating too M: Did okay, T: Pretty good, W: Failed miserably,
3. Walk on lunches at least three times (weather permitting)M: 37 mins = 2 miles, T: no, had an appt, W: 43mins = 2.25 miles,
4. Exercise other than walking 5 hrsW: 1hr 10min,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 263.2lbs, T: 262.4lbs, W: 260.2lbs, Th: 264.4 - Really???, Pounds lost this week so far: today says I have gained 1.2 lbs since Monday....Again I say, ... Really?????

Life Goals ...
1. Survive CASSP meeting Tuesday DONE!
2. Pay attention to my behavior. I may be stressed out but so are others. M: no , T: a little better ,W: Much better!,
3. Read something that is not on the internet (a magazine perhaps? Had new issue of Fitness at home almost a week now and haven't even opened it) M: No, T: No, W: No,

I am having so much fun reading all of your posts this week. I am sorry that I don't have time for individual responses yet though.

I am getting very mixed emotions about my son coming home on Sunday. I still believe that the hospital really hasn't helped him. The doctor there told me this morning that he is choosing not to participate in his own therapy so until he decides to do that he will not improve and they cannot help him there. He is leaning towards the fact that he may not be safe at home but only time will tell and he may need a group home for delinquents instead of a residential treatment facility for mental illness. I think if it came down to it I will still try the RTF route before I would commit to the fact that this is all of his own choosing. Really? Who would choose to make their own life this hard if they had control of it?

I want to send out a special thank you to everyone who has commented on my situation. I know that each of you are thinking about us and it really does help to know that.

I ate like a starving person last night. Every time I went to the kitchen I grabbed a handfull of something... low sodium bbq chips, cheddar cheese cubes, shredded mozzarella, cheezits ... all that along with a very carb heavy dinner that probably started off the problem. My scale says I gained 4.2 lbs since yesterday. Somehow I doubt that considering I spent 1hr and 53 min doing some type of exercise yesterday. 43 min was walking and and 1hr 10min was a solid workout and I drank well over my 100 oz of water yesterday. My only suggestion is the dreaded TOTM! It would explain why I'm so hungry, so cold and starting fights with my hubby over absolutely nothing. If anything I need to not fight with him right now. I need him in my corner for all of these appointments and upcoming battles that we are facing. I just gotta be careful because I know that I have been picking battles that I usually wouldn't. Oh and TOTM will be just in time for my yearly visit to the gynecologist. Don't ya just love that?!

Well... I have decided that I will continue to give up the Diet Coke for lent but the swearing is impossible right now. I am too stressed. I don't do it for the most part all day at work since I do customer service but once I'm home, sorry, it all comes out. But I will stick with the Diet Coke one for as long as I can. I was only drinking one can a day anyway. I just gotta get my hubby to stop setting my place at the table with the can and replace it with a glass of water instead.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I saw a Fat Tuesday soup recipe that called for chicken, rice, onion, some other stuff, and throwing in frozen, cut okra at the very end and then turning off the heat. Will doing it that way really prevent the okra from getting slimy? I understand the sliminess is from overcooking--is that true?

Kim, wow! Congrats on doing all that hard work and your scale finally moving!

Hope, I totally appreciate your Dukan diet as a jumpstart. I'd love to go back to the Stillman diet for just one week where you eat only protein--ZERO CARB--but of course you're going to get a little fat from cheese, meats, other proteins. I got a great jumpstart on that plus vitamin supplements years ago. But now I eat half an avocado, 4 tablespoons of flaxmeal and an ounce of almonds every day to help reduce my cholesterol and triglycerides, so now I consider lowering those more important than lowering my scale numbers--although I long for the day when I weigh 150 instead of well over 200. And I WILL get there someday. I have my days when I fall off the wagon, but I'll never quit trying to lose weight. LOL, you sound SO much like me when it comes to your daughter. Oh, Lordy, we had some horrible dark times, too, but love carried us through.

April, I join the others in sending you strength, good vibes, prayers, and cyber-support.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

April, I will add special prayers for some clear-headed thinking for your son to choose participation in his own therapy, and for wisdom for you, your DH, and the doctors in choosing your son's continued treatment. Aw, I hope DH can attribute the spats to your son's situation, work, TOTM, and all the other stress you are under--not that I think men are perfect, either, mind you. In my own situation, half the time the spats are my fault and half DH's fault because he is so bull-headed. He reaps what he sows. LOL I don't think your higher scale number will stick at all. And, OMG, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the TOTM anymore!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

April, ditto to what Mern said. My heart goes out to you, honey. I know it must be so hard. I will include you and your family in my prayers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.