Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, no policies, no miles and my diet isn't any better today. How about you?
I actually managed to NOT cry at work. I teared up once but fought it back. Got in 2.5 miles, but WAY under on my calories, again. And I don't really want to eat this late. So, kinda flummoxed as to what to do.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--992, 1152
2--work out 3 times--day off, N
3--walk at least 3 times--day off, 2.5
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0, Tuesday still at 209--at least it's not a gain

Today went alright. The day at work was hectic, but then again I didn't expect it to not be. I ate, not really well, but better than yesterday. I did get a walk in tonight, and that felt amazing. The muscles were hurting in all the good ways. This has been the first day since New Year's Day that I haven't spoken to CN in some way. Which has been weird, but I know that he'll get in touch with me as soon as he can. All I can do now is pray that all is going well. If I were a betting woman, I'd say that he'll call or email within a week. But you never can tell.

I have to work tomorrow, my normal day off, and I'm not really looking forward to it. But at least it will keep me busy and not sitting around and moping. I also am seriously craving a Chicken Pot Pie, so I think that's going to be supper tomorrow.

I also need to swing by the hospital tomorrow at some point. I found out about an hour ago that a life long friend had a heart attack around 2pm today. He works in a hospital, and was hurting so they made him go to the ER and then transported him to the bigger hospital in our county because it has a better heart unit. They rushed him into surgery and put a stent in. He had a 70% blockage. HE'S ONLY 34! He's MY age! In fact, he's exactly ONE MONTH OLDER THAN ME! It's insane. I can't imagine having a heart attack right now, and it just makes me even more thankful that I started with this life change before it was too late.

I am going to try and get to sleep a little earlier tonight. With me though, who knows when I'll actually fall asleep.

'Night!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, I hope your friend recovers quickly. Like you need something else right now . Sounds like you are muddling through. Hang in there; cry when you need to, laugh when you can. That goes for you, too, April; hope all was well tonight on the phone. One day at a time.

Checking in:

1. Keep calories at 1300. 1259, 1299 lol
2. Follow my pie chart / fiber guidelines. Yes, Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, All except fish oil
5. Sleep 7 hours, at least. Not last night, Yes
6. Exercise 6 times. One
7. Check into FD 3 times daily and log everything. Yes, Yes

8. Get info and order new faucets for MBR.
9. Change doc appts. Done
10. Card for pediatrician.

Have a great night everyone; sorry no time to catch up individually. Too hectic today and tonight. My bad . I'm thinking of you all.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hope you are all well, sending out extra hugs to Tori and April.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k, T=6k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1379, T=1501
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-753, T=-436
No sugar: M=N, T=N
Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM
FitDay Member

One week to go til I see BF again. He has booked us into a really nice restaurant next Friday with an overnight stay in a small hotel. Last time it cost us £80 (about $ 130) in taxis from his house to town and back so he found a room for half the price and we get breakfast too! I have bought him a couple of little presents for Valentines including the latest Big Bang Theory DVDs which he loves, he's my Leonard.

Mern. I'm going to try again with the muffins but half and half this time, I'll be back in the kitchen on Sat, wish me luck.

Tori. Hope your friend is recovering well, frightening at that age. Go splurge on some nice lingerie, take a piccie and send it to CN ( as long as he keeps it private and doesn't put it up by his bed space) lol

Darlene. Ive been showing your pictures of Kaya to everyone, consensus is a big "so gorgeous" I would love a dog but as I live alone and work all day and have to be away a lot it just wouldn't be fair. My BF is a huge dog lover but he is in the same situations me, maybe when I retire..... At the moment I have my beautiful cat who behaves like a dog and my assistant at work brings her dog in each day and he greets me like a long lost friend every morning, that'll keep me going until I get my own little friend.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Check-in

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400 week days, 1,600 weekends. 1,357, 1,699
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y?
3. 7 hours exercise. 50 min, 0 min (total 0:50)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -774, -427 (total -1,201)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 27%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y
7. Last Monday 165.8. Post weight: 164, 162.2, 162.2

Other stuff:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage, cut pieces for 3 more. N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY,YY
4. Write calendar for G.S. N, DONE
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N
6. Cut out pieces for Betsy Ross costume. N,N
7. Write and send out Valentines. N,N
8. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. This is going to sound strange, but the most wonderful thing that happened today is that our youngest was the only one to have a case of head lice. Everybody else in this house is louse-free. Ugh, this motherhood business is not for the faint of heart. Oldest DD was able to pick up some more books about Betsy Ross, I had a lovely chat with another mom friend, and got a call to do some free lance design/review work, which could work out beautifully.

Yesterday I was backseat driving on the struggle bus, no question about it. Things started off really well, but at lunch I switched out my salad for the chili leftovers I'd planned for dinner. At dinner I could not even look at that salad, so I had a sandwich (beef BBQ on Jewish rye bread with sharp cheddar cheese and spicy mustard), which was more calories than either the salad or the chili, and we ate an hour earlier than usual so we could make it to a 6:00 meeting, by 9:30 I was absolutely STARVING, far too hungry to sleep, so I ended up having 2 deviled eggs and a side of cracker chips. Which ended my day 300 calories over budget. Some days all the planning in the world is not enough. Yesterday it was cold and damp here, my whole body was screaming for hot comfort food, a cold salad was out of question. It's not enough that I watch my calories, and my burn and my pie chart, now I gotta check the weather channel too?

On top of veering off the food plan, my workout partner was supposed to show up at 2:00 for abs, she never made it. She called later to apologize, she works nights and overslept. It's totally not her fault, I could/should have done it without her, but I didn't. I really wasn't feeling it, and I was hoping her arrival was enough to pull me over the line, but it's totally not fair of me to make that her responsibility.

Today should be better, the kids are in the pool tonight, which almost always means I get a workout. I also MUST make headway on the rabbit cages today, that little one is a freakin' poop machine and I'm getting really tired of cleaning her cage every day.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-07-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Darn, I'm glad your puppy at least brings you the things she's chewing on, so you can salvage things before the damage has progressed too far. My parents had a puppy that just flat out ate things, bathing suits, barn boots, patent leather pumps, a turkey baster, if that dog could get her teeth around it she would chew it until the only evidence was a strange looking pile of poo. I love the "Dog potato" pic, what a lazy slacker dog you have lol. I believe tea tree oil is part of the repellent mix, I have to get on that TODAY. It also contains lavender, rosemary, and I want to say sandalwood? Good luck on the job apps, I do believe the economy here is starting to improve. DH is working non-stop and his profession is a harbinger of the economic future.

Mike, last night as I was getting ready to hit the hay, I got the worst hollow starving feeling, and I thought of your 3:30 cookie monster incident and made myself some deviled eggs, and totally slept through the night. I'm glad you got a snack in too.

Tori, when I was in college, I had a relationship I needed to move past. I had just gotten a new apartment, and one night out of the blue I went out and bought all new bras, all new underwear and strangely enough a big giant trash can. Believe it or not that really helped me. It was sort of literal and symbolic all at the same time. I tossed out all the old undies and dragged that new trash can to the curb. I'm not suggesting you throw out CN, but a whole new drawer full of stuff that fits along with that new place you've been considering, might go a long way towards easing your heart. At the very least it will keep your mind busy on something besides CN's deployment.

Terri, BF is very sweet, a keeper to be sure. I really wish that your dream job was here in my hometown, where maybe your BF could hang with my DH and be a good influence. Oh don't get me wrong, DH is very supportive, but we've been married a looooonnnngg time and he doesn't tread as carefully or as tactfully as your BF, lol. Because of the kids we have to coordinate working out, DH always starts the conversation, usually with a swat or a grab at my backside and says, "you going to the gym today?". Well, duh now that you've demonstrated how jiggly my fanny is, it's not really a question is it?

Mern, I'm cracking up over your new stove knob, good for you. It's funny how stuff like that goes a long way toward making your day better, isn't it? Recently we had to get some small plastic parts for the dishwasher, I felt like I'd gotten a whole new appliance. Before the fix I had to reassemble the broken part every time I pulled the top rack out. What a pain, but now it's fixed and you and I are living the high life again lol.

Cassie, congrats to you and your son on the tennis team. Wow that's very cool, and unfortunately overwhelming and CHA-CHING! I can totally relate. Our middle DD is insanely athletic. The swim coach thinks she has a really good chance to gold medal at the Championships this weekend in 3 events, so we've been paying for extra lessons all season. Which means I've had to buy extra swim suits and towels and swim bags, etc etc etc. All I can say is thank heavens the pool is close so the gas isn't killing me as well. I can't even imagine having to spend every weekend at a tennis tourney, but it's all worth it in the end. He's got a sport he can enjoy, take pride in and do well for the rest of his life.

Julie, thanks for reminding me that I have to get back to doing my am workouts. You're absolutely right, it's the best way to do it.

Mea, welcome aboard, don't worry about keeping up, most of us talk too much lol, but we mean well.

Fit, I think you've hit the nail on the head for me as well, self-control is a challenge! I'm going to print that off and hang it inside the fridge today.

Ashlie, have you tried Thumb? It's stuff you paint on little kids thumbs to get them to stop sucking on them. It works really well for nail biting too. You can buy it at the pharmacy.

Kay, Statistics sucks big time, but it could be worse, it could be ECON! Good luck honey. I feel your pain on that one.

Lizzie, you can't have Leonard, he's already married to me!!! LOL, my DH isn't exactly like that guy, but I can say there are a certain number of similarities between them... Most of his friends from HS and college are dead ringers for either Sheldon or Horowitz anyway (scarier still a combination of the two) LOL. Have fun this weekend, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. Um, although I have to say that doesn't put a lot of limits on you really.

Well I gotta get going, the DD's are up and need, everything all at once.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Oh no....one of the guys came up from headquarters and brought Belgian choc chunk cookies, I had it eaten before I even thought about it and I've just gone on to find the calorie content and it's a whopping 320. I'm horrified, so I've dropped my lunch to some mango, pineapple and cherries to make up for it and do you know, for once I really don't think it was worth it so next time I will have that number stuck in my head and will just say no thanks.

Amy. BF's brother is Sheldon but without the IQ....scary. Half the guys I work with think they are Horowitz .......even scarier lol
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Tori ~ You're doing great in reaching your goals. I see that you're now at 209 lb! So you're doing some things right. I'm so sorry about your friend, but thankful that he had immediate medical care.

almeeker ~ That makes me feel good if something I say helps you. Actually, I believe it's you that is inspiring me. I've been reading around on the exercise threads. I think it was you that said something about doing squats while doing laundry. So now you have me thinking about how I can incorporate certain strengthening exercises as I work. I plan to still do a particular amount of strengthening exercises at certain times, and then to work in different exercises such as squats throughout the day.

Cassie ~ Seems as if lots of people here are extremely busy. Here's hoping the best for you health wise as you scurry about.

Lizzie ~ I surely can identify with you when people offer sweets. Then I have to just focus on getting back on track.
--------------------------------------------
I feel like a floundering fish this week, and may need to adjust goals OR just keep goals as they are & work at them. Maybe I need to think of myself as practicing for the big game, keep the goals as they are, and then continue to shoot for the moon.
Exercise:
I'm working at bringing in strengthening into my routine. I'm finding out that I like to walk 1st thing in the am. So I'm thinking about doing 30" walking & then do strengthening.

Will try dividing Strengthening into Lower/Upper --
Upper -Lower -Abd/Back - Upper-Lower (Mon thru Fri) & Sat?--Abd/Back
*Lower on Mon & Thurs
*Upper on Tues & Fri
*Abd/Back - Wed (Possibly Sat)

Eating: Didn't track very well yesterday. Did eat non-starch vegetables. Trying to think 1600 Calorie with certain amt servings for each food group.
---------------------

Good Day to All!

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-08-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone for kudos for BF! I'm tempted to pass them on to him but it might make the magic fade, he's been batting 1000 these past weeks and I don't want to jinx it I've been sure to let him know I've been appreciating everything he's doing, though.

Mern: You are worth $36 and then some!! I love vintage stuff (even if it's "vintage") but the prices they often charge are ridiculous. I love my high-impact exercise because I really feel like I've WORKED for it by the time I'm done (I hate working out, but I love having worked out!). BF and I are lucky in that our taxes are fairly simple and straightforward every year (don't own a house, don't have kids, don't have a lot of assets). I had to file a Schedule C for the first time ever this year due to my small income from royalties writing the book, and I was like BLARGH about it. Hope I filled it out right!! Once you're in the mood to do the taxes, you just gotta do 'em.

April: I'm just keeping my everything crossed for the job (but especially my spleen). I hope everything is going well for you this week and your phone call went alright.

Tori: Just keep your head up and one day at a time. You're doing just fine. We women do perfect that "go to hell" look quite well, don't we? lol. You've got a winner too, and an honorable man who does so much for us and our country in the meantime. I know it must be awful every day knowing where he is and what he does for his job - you do a lot too just by being there for him and supporting him too! Chicken pot pie sounds divine. I need to learn how to make one of those! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend who had the heart attack. I hope he's okay and that he recovers well from the episode. Big hugs for you.

Darlene: Good luck on your job application!! I don't know if I've told you how cute your doggie is but OMGCUTE!

Julie: Good for you for getting your treadmill in during the morning. I am always in awe of morning exercisers, I simply cannot do it.

Luv: Can't wait to see what you figure out for your back muscles. It's hard when there's a core muscle like that which is out of whack, but it will feel awesome when you feel it getting stronger for sure. Sorry you feel like a fish this week - I'm always of the opinion that you should shoot for the moon, because if you miss, you'll at least fall among the stars. As long as you're not injuring yourself or truly overworking, I'll always say go for it! You can do it!!

Lizzie: Your getaway with your BF sounds awesome! I hope you two have a GREAT time.

Amy: LOL! Oh, BF, certainly has his grab-butt-and-jiggle moments. He's just been a superstar the past two weeks, I'm sure it a fluke. We also haven't been married as long nor had kids to make us crazy yet, so I assume this is some sort of leftover honeymoon period thing, lol. We've had our ups and downs as a couple to be sure, and 2008 nearly broke us up, but we came out stronger on the other end of it. He only knows that I like to work out on Mondays because it sets the tone for my week. I think I'm going to text him to tell him to make me work out tonight too if I get home before 8:00.

Cassie: Thinking of you too, hope you got good sleep last night!

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals:

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500 daily. Week average around 1300. No single day over 1600. M: 1,335 T: 1,012 (Week Average: 1,173.5)
2) Exercise at least four times this week M: yes (small) T: No
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 M: -676 T: -797 (Week Total: -1,473)
4) Protein 25-30% average for the week M: 29% T: 35% (Week Average: 32%)
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: yes T: No
6) No more than 1 lunch and 1 dinner out M: No eating out T: No eating out
7) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better. M: 80 T: 72
8) Weigh in on Monday and Friday and report the weight here M: 161.5 (Superbowl, you do bad things to me)

Other Life Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes
2) Don't sweat the small stuff M: yes T: Tried really hard
3) Send in at least 5 job applications M: 2 T: 0
4) Do something special for BF - he was a saint all this weekend. M: not yet - I need to come up with a good idea T: I have a V-day idea, but I want to do something non-V-day related.
5) Write something wonderful that happens every day M: Got my taxes done and am getting more refund than I thought. T: BF did the dishes IT'S A MIRACLE.

Seriously, BF never does the dishes. He worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant for 3 years and swore he'd never do another dish unless he had to. Our entire relationship, that's been "my" chore. I haven't minded, but yesterday I got home and he was all like "Well, I was bored, and you got home late so I figured I'd just do it for you." I about fell over. Normally, I try to do the dishes in the morning as one of my to-do-before-going-to-work things but I had totally spaced on it Tuesday morning and I guess the sink was full.

Didn't get in a workout yesterday after getting home from work at an ungodly hour - but I ate a fairly low-cal and very high-protein dinner (involving tuna) to compensate. Hopefully I won't repeat today, but this week has been jam-packed. I'm thinking I may go walk a mile at lunch just because. There's a track right next to my building and even though I'll be doing it in my work clothes, I can walk a mile to make sure I stretch out my legs, and I've got sneakers. If I get in a real workout as well when I get home, all the better.

Did a non-official weigh-in this morning and got 158.6 on the scale, so the Superbowl weight is off (wahoo) and I'm hoping to see 157 as the first three numbers by Friday. We'll see! As long as it's lower, I'll take it, though.

Happy Wednesday everyone. Got a busy day in front of me, time to tackle it...

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 02-08-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Coding error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.