Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oh My Gosh!

I need advice. I went shopping on lunch for some retail therapy and I thought I needed a nice new top for tomorrow night's dinner. I never buy expensive things for myself and this wouldn't really be expensive but it was $27 and I don't know if I will wear it other than that dinner because it's pretty low cut but I couldn't help it! But now that it is in the bag in my car, I'm second guessing myself. Is it too tight? Is it too low cut? Did I waste my money? Do I look like a cow in it? So here's the pic that I snapped in the dressing room to send to my hubby. What do you think? Don't be nice...be honest! Because I can see lots of imperfections! Oh and don't mind my goofy face. I was trying to see that my whole body was in the phone. And I'm having a bad hair day too!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Amy My son is 20 and still spends a ridiculous amount of time looking for where he put his stuff down so I wish you luck on the stop and drop mindset. We ended up instilling a pay for chores plan in our house as hubby and I both worked full time and I just couldn’t cope with an hour or two of housework on top cooking supper. I am not sure if it’s perfect parenting and many of my friends had opinions on that but my kids learned early work = money the harder you work the more money both of my kids have a great work ethic and both had part time jobs at 17 we wouldn’t let them work before that due to school work and sports commitments. I wish you luck in your child chore training it’s a hard one.

Tori We all have negative qualities my Mom used to say you know you have found your husband when you can live with his bad traits the good ones anyone can live with.

Joanna Good job on looking at the positive choices in your otherwise sucky day, I am also glad its Friday it been a long week not really bad just long and a lot of little frustrations everyday.

April I would not of walked yesterday if I was at work and lol at the curls one of my closest friends has a head full of red curly hair and its funny to me (not so much for her) to watch what different weather does to it, oh my her hair in light rain doubles in size it is crazy. Look at all your green seriously pat yourself on the back. Enjoy your dinner it sounds amazing and you certainly need a treat night so enjoy it.

April I am so happy the Dr took the time to tell you how well you are doing in this situation you are a good mom and its great you are thinking of what’s best for him in the long run not just what he wants today and one day way in his future he will thank you for the choices you are making today. Stay strong!

Mern I hope you find your auto part on the net I am horrible at finding things I need online.

Lizzie Enjoy drinking-red-wine.jpg I love this smiley and I am glad I stole it from you, lol. I think I might need a little red wine myself tonight.

Terri I vote lasagna. Enjoy your bf night I am sure he will appreciate it.

Cassie Sorry you had a bad tech for your mammo I do not think it’s supposed to be uncomfortable even for smaller ladies but I am very glad you did it know I will pray you are normal like Amy or even lumpy normal like me.

Fit4luv I hope you enjoy your strength training!

Mike That’s 1.5 a week you can do that no problem!

I took out a roast for dinner so now I need to go to the grocery store for potatoes and the dreaded white flour to make yorkshire puddings which I will try to resist eating. I need to get some housework done today I seem to be a slacker this week so I motivated myself by looking up things like calories burnt while vacuuming, while doing laundry and I may just call housework exercise today.Enjoy your friday everyone.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

LOL @ Amy ... "up-scale" ... I have to admit I didn't even catch that until Cassie snorted!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

April I think its pretty and you certainly do not look like a cow but here is what really matters
Are you comfortable in? it if I am not comfortable I won't wear it.
Does it make you feel good or self consequence? When we feel good thats what shows.
and keep in mind we always see the flaws because we are works in progress so do not be to hard on yourself.
I do not know if that helps but those are my 2 questions I ask myself when I buy clothes.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

April. I agree with Darn, we can tell you how pretty the top is on you but if you are not comfortable then you will not be happy. You DO NOT look like a cow, and who doesn't have imperfections? If you like this top, flaunt those puppies, there are ladies out there who pay a lot of money for cleavage like that lol
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

I bought it with the promise to my hubby that if he didn't like it, I would return it. He also has to feel comfortable with what I'm wearing. I don't think I will feel any more uncomfortable in this top than any other one. I always feel like I look fat or many people are looking at me. Only difference now is, there really are a lot of people looking at me but they usually come to tell me how good I look now.

Thanks for the opinions. My main object of focus is the roll above the belly button because it has become more deflated the past week or so and I can see it in this picture.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

April I had to scroll back to see if your roll was that bad so it must not of caught my eye the first time! Really you will not stand at your party with your arm back like that it will fall causally to your side so you may be seeing something that you wouldn't normally this is an awkward stance plus the pretty pattern in the front is whats going to draw peoples attention and from one large busted lady to another that blouse has a flattering cut.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie I would love to sell some of mine hmm maybe Cassie would like some.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Now to decide to wear black pants which are mostly kind of baggy or a shortish black skirt. This shirt has an irregular hemline. It's hard to see in the pic but it comes to almost a point in the middle of the front and the back.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Lizzie I would love to sell some of mine hmm maybe Cassie would like some.
haha! I have offered mine to my friend quite a few times. She is about 5'6" or 7" and weighs like 97 lbs soaking wet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.