Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome job, Tori! Weekend Warrior...you is it . Chocolate milk is an excellent post-workout snack, btw.

Just got off the treadmill myself. It's still raining here, and I had the luxury of watching sweaty, sexy Spanish tennis pros duel it out while I ran my 5K. So inside was a better option on all counts.

Time for a shower, a little more report writing, and I'll be right on schedule.

Amy, glad to see you poke your head in. Should we add "screaming/cheering at sporting events, vigorous effort" to the Activities list?
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Chocolate milk is great. I posted about that a year ago but it turned into a debate.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Chocolate milk? bbllleeehhhhhhhhhhh No thank you. I think I've only wanted choc milk twice as an adult. Both times I craved it I was all worried, cause this girl don't like no choc milk, and then I had to do some quick TOTM calculations to make sure I was in the all clear. Seeing as how I'm kid free, I was. Choc milk and peanut butter are strict no no's for me.

And **in my best whiny voice** I wanna watch sweaty, sexy Spanish tennis pros too! That's just not fair!!!!

Oh yeah, I get to watch sweaty, sexy soldier. I'll call it an even trade.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-21-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

All right fellow warriors, I'm headed to bed! I'm pretty stoked that I pushed myself to knock out those miles and that I made good food choices today.

I gotta get up early and head to the store to get what I need for lunch with the parentals tomorrow. AND have it prepped and in the oven before church.

All y'alls talk of roast chicken has made me want some! So that's what we're having.

There are 2 basic questions left to ask:

1) Do I have a chicken to roast? Nope.

2)Have I ever roasted a chicken? Nope.

But there's a first time for everything. I'm a fairly good cook, I'm sure I can handle it. If not, I'll post about it in the Cooking Accidents thread and order that pizza I've been craving.

Night All!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'll do my 5.5 mile hilly hike, which I haven't done since the end of October. If it rains, I'll run a 5K on the treaddy. Friday on the stationary bike; Ran the 5K tonight...rain is possible tomorrow

I'm going to stick to my calorie limit (1350), with a balanced pie chart. 1319, yep; 1339 yep

I've got a to-do list broken into Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to do every last thing on there. On schedule so far

I'm going to finish the summaries of two reports tonight, write a competency eval tomorrow, and do half an eval on Sunday. Summaries are done; Did the half-eval tonight, just 'cause of logistics

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday's results:

- 1700 Cals M=1574, T=1601, W=1466, Th=1667 F=1308, S=1646
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=YS=N
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23 T=35/38/26, W=42/41/17 Th=51/29/19, F=53/23/24, S=46/35/19
- a stable 289 lbs M=293, T=293, W=291.5 Th=291, F=291, S=290.5

Woke up with scratchy throat, so it's time to see how well I do feeling sick. I tend to eat more when I've got this.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Amy, glad to see you poke your head in. Should we add "screaming/cheering at sporting events, vigorous effort" to the Activities list?
I did not see that activity listing! I'll have to go look now. Usually I log it as "Coaching, football, basketball, baseball, swimming etc etc". Technically I'm not a coach, but when I'm poolside at a meet, that's pretty much what I'm doing. Usually the coaches and the marshals split the "cheer" duties, each take a lane, and yell things like "reach", "kick", "pour it on baby".

OMG we had a really funny team effort yesterday. Our middle DD's nickname is "Goo". Yesterday she swam the 100 yard IM (individual medley, each lap is a different stroke). She was in lane 1 which happened to be right next to the marshaling area where most of our girls were waiting to be lined up for the individual freestyle events. Anyway I started shouting "Goo" every stroke, and the team picked joined in, we made a huge ruckus when she finished, it was hilarious.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Did somebody say "tennis"??!! I'm a HUGE tennis fan! I watch every grand slam religiously, although the Australian Open is tough 'cause if you want to watch live matches you have to catch them at 2 AM.

I just got so excited because I was about to start convincing myself I should go for a run this afternoon, and then I remembered I have plans to go ice skating! I love ice skating, and I haven't been in ages - like a year! I'm so excited!

I'm also really excited about how the weight's coming off these days. Since Januray... 2nd, maybe, I've lost like 7 lbs. I doubt it will stay at that rate, but I'm happy to have it while it lasts. I think the big things are that I haven't been feeling as munchy at nights, and therefore I'm not eating much past 7:30. So between no late night eating and keeping my calories around 1250/day, I think that's why I'm seeing results. Also, maybe the fat just wants to flee after being stuck with me through that nasty plateau I had last month! Can't say I blame it.

Also, I totally asked a guy for his phone number the other night (soooo out of character for me - I think it's a sign of bolstered confidence ) So I called him the next day, and it was cool - you know, a little awkward, of course. Anyway, we didn't make any plans to hang out, but he didn't seem like he was giving me the brush off either, so I'm not sure where we left it. I think I'll see him tonight since we tend to hang out at similar places, like for karaoke. I figure I've done my part by asking for his phone number and calling him, right? I mean, if he's interested, he'll act on it, right? Can you tell how unused to these things I am? Anyway, advice!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I didn't strangle the chitty chat (she's a talker and kitty cat got changed). I think that's what was irritating me so much. As soon as I got home from work she was following me around everywhere with the incessant meowing. The longer she did it the louder she got. You'd think she was dying because she hadn't had her Fancy Feast yet. She's sleeping sweetly now, little stinker. I wouldn't be able to send her to you though, she keeps my feet warm at night

Made a great choice for supper, almost too good. Somehow after 3 meals and a snack today I've eaten less than 700 cals. I'm thinking Mern's Pecan Muffins are getting baked tonight!
Wow girl you are just killing it this week. I have a chitty chat (very funny, cute name) too. This weekend her partner in crime, Humphrey, is with DH at the mountain house. She is driving me nuts! If I don't put her on my shoulder she follows me around squaking. And if I do put her on my shoulder it make is a little difficult to do things like laundry and making the bed.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hey Kids!

I'm caught up on reading, but typing from my phone. DH is working on the taxes. I don't dare interrupt, or I'll have to take over! Kids had a swim meet today, they did pretty well, should be some ribbons next week. Did okay the last 2 days with food, but I'm over a little. Got in a good workout last night and spent 4 hours poolside today screaming my head off. I have a thing about team spirit, and it's starting to rub off!

I did 3 miles today according to my pedometer. We're going skiing tomorrow, so I may be off most of the day.
Amy great job with sticking to the plan this weekend!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'll do my 5.5 mile hilly hike, which I haven't done since the end of October. If it rains, I'll run a 5K on the treaddy. Friday on the stationary bike; Ran the 5K tonight...rain is possible tomorrow

I'm going to stick to my calorie limit (1350), with a balanced pie chart. 1319, yep; 1339 yep

I've got a to-do list broken into Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to do every last thing on there. On schedule so far

I'm going to finish the summaries of two reports tonight, write a competency eval tomorrow, and do half an eval on Sunday. Summaries are done; Did the half-eval tonight, just 'cause of logistics

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!
Cassie it looks like you are back on track and in the groove. Super glad you started the weekend warrior trend.

My weekend has been great as well. Got a ton of little niggling house hold tasks done and expect to complete a few more after my 6 mile run.

Fitness & diet
1.2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=N, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=Y, S=Y (just barely)
2.No white food M=Y, T=Y, W=N (rice), Th=Y, F=Y, S=Y(ravioli)
3.2 yoga sessions W=Y, F=Y
4.2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5.2 Crossfit T=Y, Th=Y, S=Y
6.Carbs less than 40%, M=Y, T=Y,W=N, Th=Y, F=Y, S=N
7.90g protein M=Y, T=N (but close), W=N(close), Th=Y, F=Y (89.4 close enough), S=N
8.1600 calories per day M=N (1825), M=Y (ok 56 cals over), W=Y (1345), Th=Y(78 over), F=Y (1500), S=Y(75 over)

Home, hearth & work
9.1 random act of kindness/day M=not really, T=Y (let DH call all the shots, even though I was feeling crabby), W=Y, Th=N, F=N (didn’t really get the chance, but I was nice all day long, if that counts), S=Y(coached a young friend in handstands)
10.Trim trees and chip
11.Plan replanting of front bed M=Y, T=Y, S=Y (made several decisions on direction)

Decided I needed a few more carbs to stoke up for my run today, so I went with ravioli (packaged, unfortunetly, learning how to make it at home is one of my kitchen goals this year). Yum! it was worth it. And since I had 1/2 a butternut squash sitting around I roasted with a little olive oil and sage.

OK, off to finish a few more things before my running partners pull in. Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Did somebody say "tennis"??!! I'm a HUGE tennis fan! I watch every grand slam religiously, although the Australian Open is tough 'cause if you want to watch live matches you have to catch them at 2 AM.
I hear you! I was up till past 2 watching Clijsters last night. If it hadn't been such a good match, I would've gone to bed and caught the replays on Tennis Channel today, but it was too suspenseful to stop watching. Between my kid and the pros, I spend an inordinate amount of time watching tennis. Congrats on finding your rhythm to get those pounds off!

Pam, enjoy your run, and Amy, have fun skiing!

So the past two days my son has been remarkably good about his food choices and I'm thinking to myself...oh...it finally sunk in. Then it dawned on me...tryouts start tomorrow. He has wanted to play HS tennis ever since 4th grade. I guess he realized now's the time to put his money where his mouth is with respect to training. I'll take it!

I'd better be getting on with my day. I had thought to take the boy out driving this morning on real roads for the first time, but it was foggy when I woke up, so I'll have to do it later to cross that off my list. If today can be as productive as yesterday, I'll be a happy camper.

Hope you all have a great day .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.