Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Unusually great weekend thread--lots of participation. Posting special weekend goals is a really effective idea!

Another "computer virus" going around? Who all has a scratchy throat? Cassie, Darlene, Zyxst? Anyone else? Y'all feel better soon! I'm absolutely fine--don't anyone here sneeze or cough on me! LOL Our black ice is just about gone except for some spots on the driveway. Y'all are doing great on your exercise. I'll promise to do two miles today.

Cassie, mine was a store-bought roasted red pepper sauce--actually a roasted red pepper Alfredo. I forgot to mention the Alfredo part yesterday but it fits nicely into my food allowance because I eat only half a portion, two tablespoons, at a time. I found a couple recipes online I might try using red peppers and tomatoes--don't know if I'll like them as well, but I could try.

Amy, maybe I should turn that "missed Cracker Barrel tempura cod dinner" into a blessing by making myself be totally cheat free, nothing at all off plan all next week to earn it next Friday. It's on the menu here only on Fridays. OK--I'll put that in my goals Monday. LOL on rooting for "Goo." I call my live-in GD "Bone" and sometimes accidentally call her that in front of her friends or her boyfriend's family. She used to get embarrassed but now she's used to it after no one made fun of her or me over it.

Joanna, first of all congrats on your major weight loss! Of course I've been out of the dating game for eons, but I think you did just fine on asking for the guy's phone number and then calling him. Great attitude that you did your part and if he's interested, he'll act on it. Doesn't sound like you NEED any advice--you perfectly executed your interest in him. It's totally up to you if you want to ask to meet him for lunch or coffee or drinks next time you see him.

Pam, OMG, I love roasted squash!

Last edited by Mern; 01-22-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Alrighty, I'm up and moving finally. I completely overslept and didn't make it to the store this morning. Or church. Sigh.....I blame Jasmine. She was curled up on my chest purring and it lulled me into a mini coma. And who can fight with a 12 pound purring ball of soft velvety fur???

Thanks for the kudos everyone. Sometimes I just need an extra push into doing something, and feel great after I've accomplished it.

I'm off to the store (finally) to get what I need for our lunch turned supper. So glad my parentals understand that I'm a slacker sometimes. When I talked to my daddy he just laughed and said "well, just let us know when ever you DO decide to start cooking and we'll see you then".

Joanna-you go girl! Asking for his number instead of waiting on him to make a move. I'm usually not like that either, but there have been a few times that I've grown a pair and asked for a number. And while it never led to anything long term for me, the guys weren't put off by it either. In fact one of the guys I'm still really good friends with, and he said that if I hadn't asked him out then he never would have had the courage to ask me out. So maybe your guy is just shy. Good luck with that!!

'K. I'm going to the store now.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I'm feeling lazy right now. I feeling sluggish, I think I may have sat on a pencil. I did say that I'd knock out 6 miles at one time, so I guess I need to get the lead out my ass and put my shoes on and get busy. Yeah I no the pencil thing was corny, I'm not even funny anymore.

Mern, you can do the 2 miles with no problem!! Black ice??? that's crazy. It's in the mid 70's here, which means that I'll probably work up a sweat.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, get up and get moving. You have a 1/2 coming up remember? I am super motivated now that I've gotten out of bed. All my shopping is done and it's not raining so I'm gonna see what it's like to walk during the daylight hours. It's cold out up here though. Like, mid40s cold. So I'm gonna have to bundle up, but I'm gonna do it! Don't make me light a fire under you.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike, get up and get moving. You have a 1/2 coming up remember?
2/9/2011
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
eh, I'm not a low carber so when I load up it's pretty extreme. LOL I probably won't eat much lasagna, but my SIL will b/c she believes in loading the day before. Then again, she also believes in training (which I think is overrated). Well, I did some training today, I went 1 mile. Does that count?
10/25/2011
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Training is overrated. Do you have a smart phone?
Today... 1/22/12
Training is overrated.

Everyone wants to train, train, train. Mike says "Just Do It!" They didn't say "Train, train, then train some more, then do it!"

Okay I'll go do 6 miles b/c I said I would, not because I feel I have to "train". If it were a big race or if I was trying to set a record then maybe. I'm not a runner by any means. I can't run a 100 yards but my 1st race wasn't a 5k or a 10k, it was a 1/2 marathon. If I can do it without any real training, that proves that anyone can do it.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-22-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Geez the excuses!!!

Something I know nothing of.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there Add me to the list of sore throat sufferers!! Its just getting worse- i started a new job at my kiddies schools 2 weeks ago. I just supervise 3 and 4 year olds eating lunch. The amount of the little ones that had the sniffles must have passed it on to me. I very rarely get poorly and having to even go out of the house tomorrow feeling like this is daunting!!
Lets hope its not long before we are all feeling better!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi there Add me to the list of sore throat sufferers!! Its just getting worse- i started a new job at my kiddies schools 2 weeks ago. I just supervise 3 and 4 year olds eating lunch. The amount of the little ones that had the sniffles must have passed it on to me. I very rarely get poorly and having to even go out of the house tomorrow feeling like this is daunting!!
Lets hope its not long before we are all feeling better!
So sorry to hear that you're all scratchy and sore throated too! I must have missed the memo that we're all supposed to get sore throats, and I'll gladly skip that memo any day! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

And kudos to you for helping out at the school. Once upon a time I was an elementary education major, and then I realized, while I love the kids that I know, I'm not much of a "kid person" when it comes to strangers. Glad I figured that out BEFORE I got the degree

All right, going to start cooking for the folks. Wish me luck in my first foray with roasting a chicken. **fingers crossed I don't mess this up**

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-22-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Geez the excuses!!!

Something I know nothing of.
No excuses. I'm just stating that I'm THAT good, that's why I don't NEED to train.

Cassie, I just knocked out 6.54 miles. I posted it on FB again.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Today I cranked out my third and final assignment for the week. I spent hours on the computer typing and didn't feel the need to snack, so that was nice. I'm feeling really drained now though, but I will work in some sort of exercise this evening. Probably kettlebells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.