Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Got busy and missed my check in yesterday. I'm pleased with progress this week. Down 4# from New Year's (of course, we all know how unreliable scale weight can be). But logging and FD forum members definitely help-thanks!

Mike, I sure don't have any advice to give. I've been married to the same guy for 34 yrs and dated him since I was 15. I will say that on my wedding day my mom told me not to expect married life to be 50/50. She said some days it would be 30/70, others 70/30, etc. She knew what a score keeper I was. My husband and I each have had to tolerate each other's defects and celebrate our strengths. I probably got the better end of the stick As far as kids go, it's tricky. Not sure how old your daughter is, but I know that a counselor once told me our children should never be allowed to infringe on our marriage and we had to get on the same page disciplining our kids. She was right. Hang in there and do what your heart tells you.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I've had issue with her kids but I knew that for us to move on I had to put on my big boy drawers and get over it. She needs to do the same. She needs to get over it and the need to make amends for us to continue on.
I'm glad you are open to amends. And I hope it works out that way. There are many ways for your GF to deal with your daughter in the house, and many of them are "adult ways" of dealing with it. Her sitting your daughter down for a "let's talk this out, we need to come to an amicable solution" would be a start. But I still think she's played her cards with you and has lost, so she owes you big time amends.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

We've been "talking" via text. I told her that she has to drop her grudge with my daughter for us to continue.

Guess who went to the office with me today???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
picture 004.jpg (94.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ooh, I like your office assistant! I'm sure she was a TREMENDOUS help .

Not much more to say about your situation than has already been said, other than each person and couple has to find out what works for them with finances...and what doesn't, though finding that out often takes some hard lessons. I totally see your point about the money issue. It's a tough place to be, between a significant other and a child; in my book, child always wins, hands down, unless there are extenuating circumstances. It's often not easy to juggle. Other than that...communication, communication, communication. Letting resentments build up is a relationship killer, for sure. I'll be thinking about you and hoping for your peace of mind regardless of what the actual outcome is.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

I missed my check in yesterday, too. This week has been so busy. Last night I was all caught up in the preparation for the foster parent training on mental health that I had to do this morning...across town...crack of dawn...zzzz. Being tired and stressed led to snacking, and bam, that was all she wrote. But I pulled it back in today and am back on board, but I"m sleepy and my throat hurts. I don't think I've ever talked for 3.5 hours straight before (though my husband will debate that, especially if alcohol is involved). I'm off to write some reports during the football games; everyone's on their own for dinner; plenty of healthy leftovers in the fridge! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot Cassie. Like I told her money issues/stress will make every issue seem 10x worse. I appreciate your imput.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

I forgot to mention that in our texts back and forth she mentioned that we've been together almost 9 years and she's still my girlfriend and wanting more. That's another issue to. I said its been almost 9 years and she's still holding a grudge with DD.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Top three things couples argue about? Money, kids, and sex. Sometimes it's okay to agree to disagree.

Not sure how that's relevant; just random thoughts that popped in my head. Oh, and here's another: Your partner can't read your mind, so if you want them to be absolutely clear about how you feel, better say it (not saying you don't...we all know you tell it like it is ).
Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Haha, I can see how that's the top 3. Yeah I don't hold my words.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Just now getting to check in since yesterday morning. Had a great time with Girls' Night last night. Almost too good of a time. I am happy to report that I did have a calorie deficit yesterday.....barely. I'm thinking it was like -100 give or take a few. But we had a really good time. Went to a minor league hockey game. It was really really REALLY crappy hockey, but crappy hockey is better than no hockey. And #21 for the visiting team was superduper cute, so there was that!

As good of a day as yesterday was, today has been the opposite. I woke up, hung over (yeah yeah, I know....it's my own fault) and late for work. Had a horrible terrible awful day at work. Mainly because I work with a bunch of morons.....one member of management in particular. Not only is he stupid, he doesn't CARE to try and learn the business. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about the grocery business than he'll ever learn. And he's rude to boot!

Anyway, I had planned on a quiet night at home, but CN called and could sense that I was upset, so he invited me down to GA for the night just to get out of town. So, here I sit on his couch, waiting on him to get back from the store so we can cook dinner. Not that I'm hungry, but he's making me eat. After that we'll probably go to the gym and then hang out and watch a movie. He has a light workout tomorrow and should be done by noon, then I think we're gonna go to the river. Not real sure what he's got planned.

Will catch up on posting my goals later....for now I'm gonna go mope a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.