Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-13-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

A busy thread!! Mike I hope you have worked things out. Partners kids are an issue with several of my friends and I have no advise to offer. It is good that you are getting your financial concerns out in the open.

Today has been a break even day thanks to some dark chocolate that was necessary this afternoon. Overall a good week. Mary
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mary!

I just got in a nice workout. Went straight from work, in my work clothes.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

I did want to say another thing about my situation. I don't doubt that my GF is going to pay me back one bit. When I lent her the $1500 for the down payment on the truck I told her not to worry about it right now, just to pay it back when she gets her tax money.

The main thing that pisses me off is the car insurance. She told me last month she was going to pay, but didn't. It's normally due on the 3rd. She gets paid on a Tuesday so the 3rd was her payday. She did say that she was going to pay it then, but when I called the home office on Monday the 2nd, they said that I needed to get the payment in then b/c the previous month wasn't payed. So I ended up paying $522 then (for the 2 months). She asked if she could give my $250 for it, I told her that was fine. (I know that she's broke now too, I just want some help... anything ). Today is the 13th, still no money. The other day she said she was going to be busy b/c she was working a double and I could take her debit card and go to the bank. I didn't want to b/c I don't like having someones card, besides she's had plenty of time up until then. She has to go to the bank for work many mornings, she could do it then. What about all the other days between the 3rd and now?

I was just looking at the insurance policy and since we added the truck towards the end of the policy the last 2 payments are huge. The policy doesn't expire until May but the balance is right at $800. My car for the YEAR is only $849, so the next 2 payments will be roughly $400 each.

So here I am, my paycheck today was ~$250 (b/c I lost that commission) and I have nothing scheduled to hit. In 2 weeks I will have no paycheck! The car insurance will be due again, probably most of all my other bills, then my E&O.

Even if we work all this out, I'm going to suggest that she take her car insurance elsewhere. At least she'll pay it if it's with someone else.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

My goals will be for 6 days since I'm joining late.
Health and Fitness:
1) drop 3 pounds (starting 183.2)
2) 4 serving of fruit/ veggies xxx, no, no, no, no
3) -3000 calories xxx, -1080, -613, -686, -1139 (-3518 so far)
4) walk 6 miles xxx,0, 0, 0, 0
5) workout 3 times xxx,yes, day off, yes, yes

Other:
DONE 6) write 2 policies 0, 2
Old 01-14-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry for your headaches Mike. I've got a teenager who wants her license, so I'm trying to brace myself for the insurance hit. Used to be it was my husband who was always jacking up the rate with speeding tickets. He's been pulled over three times while I was in the car with him, but those times he only got warnings. He claims it's because I looked so mad at him at the officers took pity. LOL.

I'm trying to be more active this week. When I took the dog out this morning it was very cold and the dog wanted to take his time sniffing around the backyard. After a bit I thought "why am I just standing here." I started doing step-ups onto the picnic table bench, and it got my heart rate going and made me feel a lot less cold, so that was a win-win.

As far as eating goes, I'm doing well. My daughter made brownies early this week, and they've been on a container on the kitchen counter all week. It occured to me yesterday that I haven't even given them much thought. I've been eating enough of the right stuff that I'm not having strong cravings, so that's all good.

I did have a moment of food related anxiety yesterday though because I thought I was going to get stuck at a mall food court for lunch and I couldn't figure out what I was going to eat to minimize the damage there since the salad place I used to rely on has closed. It didn't end up being an issue though.

Today I am going to go through my dvds and dig out some of the kettlebell workouts. My husband is a kbell instructor. I used to go to his class periodically, and I have access to a variety of kettlebells in different weights. It is just a matter fo using them, and I'm out of the habit.

My husband is currently deployed down in NC. I work full-time. I'm in the last semester of taking classes to finish my degree, and I have two kids, so part of the challenge of all this is making it all fit into my life. I haven't done such a great job with that this week, and insomnia has been a problem - which is another good reason to get more consistent and structured with the exercise.

My other goal for the week was to stop beating myself up over the weight I gained in 2011, but this is proving to be difficult. I try to focus on the positives. My BMI and weight are still in the healthy range, and my biggest pants are a pair of size 8 jeans that I would have been thrilled to fit in a couple years back when my 16's were getting too tight. Still, every day when I go to get dressed my closet is full of clothes I can't wear and I ask myself "why did I let this happen?" I'm not taking the too smaller stuff out of my closet though because I am going to be wearing it again. I just have to stick with what works.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Kay.

I just had a talk w/ my GF and told her that if given the ultimatum, my daughter stays and that I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot she'd feel the same. Our conversation turned into a debate again. She didn't want to make a decision right then b/c she was pissed and didn't want to say something she didn't mean. IMO for her to even consider an ultimatum like that she should be out the door. If she dislikes my daughter that much then she SHOULD GTFO! That's how I feel, but I'm also pissed. I'm going to give it a day or two and if things aren't drastically better I'm going to give her 30 days to get out. If she didn't have 3 kids, she'd be out today! I also told her to get her and her daughters car insurance elsewhere.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Okay I feel a little better I just went to the office to check my numbers and P&C is scheduled to hit so I will get a check in 2 weeks. . Whew! It hasn't been too long since I was living paycheck to paycheck but I sure forgot the fear that it puts in you. Now I'm just happy to get a check.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, as you know, I've been following this closely. And you "being pissed" has nothing to do with common sense here.

"IMO for her to even consider an ultimatum like that she should be out the door."

This is the bottom line. This is wrong, no matter how one slices or dices it, or dresses it up to take the sting away, it is WRONG, and you are correct saying this.

Perhaps her only reason for dropping the subject was to let it blow over so that you'd 'forget about it'. Perhaps she realize that she played her hand and lost. Now she's doing damage control to not get kicked out herself.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Vito, that is quite possible. To be honest if she were to leave it would be hard on us both financially but MUCH, MUCH worse on her. At least I have a place, she doesn't, nor does she have the money to put down deposits to rent one. Bottom line is that I don't want her to have the struggle but I can not have my daughter feel like she's not welcome in her own home. This may sound hypocritical but I feel that if I'm having an issue with my daughter I can tell her to go to her moms but I don't feel like my GF has the right to tell me she can't come back, especially when my issue of her not having a job is gone. My GF really doesn't like my daughter and because of that my daughter feels the same. My daughter isn't going to quit coming home b/c my GF is there but I'll be dammed if my GF is going to run her off.

I've had issue with her kids but I knew that for us to move on I had to put on my big boy drawers and get over it. She needs to do the same. She needs to get over it and the need to make amends for us to continue on.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mike ~ I won't give out any advice. Just want you to know how sorry I am for your pain & troubles that you're going through. Glad for any rays of sunshine that you're finding through the bad storm.

FOCUS (3)
Faith
*/* Audio Bible daily ----> x5/x6

Support
*/* Attend Health Support Group -> Yes
*/* Report here Daily ->x5/x7

INTAKE (3)
Food
*/* Non-starchy Veg. 4 serv. daily -> N-N-Y-N-Y
*/* Starchy Food 8 serv.daily limit-> Y-Y-Y-Y-N

Supplement */* Vit. & Fish Oil Daily ----->x4/x7

TRAIN (3)
Feet ~ wkly
*/* STEPS {14 mi * 30,000 steps} -> 10.4 mi * 21,965 steps
*/* AEROBIC {120"} -> 70"

Firm & Flex ~ */* Strong Women x2 wkly -> x2/x2

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-14-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.