Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, I'd never wear the Pee Pee shoes again, either. OMG, so cool that Cuter-Nicer texted you that message. Yeah, that "WHEN" is kinda romantic.

Mike, all that work on the driveway, sidewalk, and garage certainly will burn the calories! Don't let yourself get TOO hungry. How about a protein shake or peanut butter sammich for a snack later? Hope you make it successfully on target the rest of the day.

Mike and Pam, I couldn't believe my eyes when my stepson pressure washed our patio for us a couple years ago--looked almost like newly poored concrete. Truly looked better than when we first moved here back in 1973.

Pam, I was going to ask about everyone's New Year's resolutions but had to get busy straightening the kitchen. Best wishes on your career goals. I do most of the kitchen work, but DH is pretty good--he does about 1/3 of the cleaning in there and gets his own food maybe 20% of the time. But, hey, I'll take all the sympathy you have to offer. LOL Oh, that's neat that your DH brews his own beer. My sister used to make her own wine and it was awesome. A sauna room! Wow, that's nice! Congrats on having your New Year's Day goals met. I will, too, when I finish drinking another 16 oz. water and stick to only the evening snack that I already logged. Best wishes on your chopped up week goals. Had to chuckle--very astute of you to have caught the thread being started a day early. I didn't notice.

I have a few New Year resolutions that don't involve my eating or exercise lifestyle:

1. Quit enabling someone over his non-employment. Don't want to discuss it here--I have a plan.
2. Keep my cool and don't let a certain younger grandchild of mine (not live-in GD) push my buttons to the point of making me yell or threaten punishment to get her to comply with a simple request or directive like "Please hang up your jacket or please pick up your mess you left on the table."
3. Empty the dish drainer daily--we let stuff set in there until it's air-dried and then pile more wet dishes on top of the dry. Maybe I'll make myself do it before I'm allowed to eat breakfast.

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Oh Mern, you're welcome for the reminder. I missed that post earlier.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mern

mhibdon, you applied with the triathalon company? If so, congrats and i'm sure they'd be glad to have someone with your motivation and experience. :d
YES I DID! I am so excited!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default New year, new week goals

Hi, My name is Lisa, new here. Not sure about goals. This is what I want to accomplish this week:

1. Breakfast and Lunch shakes.
2. Fruit/yogurt snacks.
3. Normal dinner.
4. Not eating after 8pm.
5. 45 mins minimum treadmill each am before work.
6. Tap on Tuesday, Zumba on Thursday.
7. Water, water, water.
8. Update post!

I'm not really good at counting calories. My goal is to keep under 1500 calories a day. We'll see.

Lisa
Old 01-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard Lisa. Counting calories can seem crazy at first, before long it'll be a way of life.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lucylis
Hi, My name is Lisa, new here. Not sure about goals. This is what I want to accomplish this week:

1. Breakfast and Lunch shakes.
2. Fruit/yogurt snacks.
3. Normal dinner.
4. Not eating after 8pm.
5. 45 mins minimum treadmill each am before work.
6. Tap on Tuesday, Zumba on Thursday.
7. Water, water, water.
8. Update post!

I'm not really good at counting calories. My goal is to keep under 1500 calories a day. We'll see.

Welcome Lisa, you have a great set of goals. As Mike said, you'll get the hang of logging your food. The trick is to do it everyday - good, bad or indifferent. You may be surprised where your calories are coming from. I know I was .
Old 01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No
2. 3 L: Working on it
3. Take Vitamin: Yes
4. Move: Yes

Hey guys!
I missed my eating clean for today due to a chocolately snack around midnight, but I now have glucose tabs to help me even out my sugar! Whoo-hoo! Also, tots kept my calories within a sensible range (1575), hellz yeah!

Jogged 3.5mi today while my mom walked beside me! We clocked an even 16 min pace! Hoo-Ha! ANDDDDD I applied to the triathlon company and I think I was accepted! They messaged me about getting pictures for my Bio, so… YEAH!!! Now to get into the fray! I’m so excited!

Have my motto for 2012: Persistence. Definition. PUSH.

Can’t wait to get to know all the new girls!

Last edited by mhibdon; 01-01-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

mh--congrats on your calories and your 3.5 mile jog.

I on the other hand have been very lazy today. I sooo meant to get my workout in before the Falcons game, but the cat was all snuggly and I didn't. I have to start buckling back down tomorrow. It is Zumba night after all!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, aw, I'm glad it was the Triathalon work you applied for. If I eat around midnight Saturday night or in the wee hours Sunday before bed, I count it as Saturday. My day of counting starts when I get out of bed in the morning. Nice calorie count, though, even if you did miss eating clean. Congrats on the rest of your goals. Impressive jog, too! Question: maybe I have you mixed up with someone who used to post regularly earlier in 2011 but didn't have an avatar. She was a college student and I remember her saying she and her fiance (I think) broke up. Is your ex named Louie?

Lisa, hi! Welcome! Nice goals! Have you tried the nutrition here for counting your calories? It's really a great tool--does so much of the work for you.

Pam, great point about learning (through logging) where our calories are coming from. Lead me to eating more nutritious foods.

Tori, enjoy your Zumba tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

New to this...well new to finally taking it seriously anyway. My only goal right now for the short-term is to stay motivated and not quit like I've done so many times before.

On a short note, can someone tell me, how do you guys add progress pictures and how do you use the food list? When you enter something such as a salad, do you have to enter every item individually, i.e. dressing, cheese, etc?

Good luck to everyone. Here's to a happy and healthy new year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.