Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Yeah, host of party #1 swears that Cuter-Nicer and I shared "such a polite little New Year's Kiss", but I think I would have remembered that. AND my driver would have said something, which he didn't. So I'm thinking that Host was confused. While, I did consume massive amounts of 'liquid courage', I remember the night pretty well. I even remember my shoes getting urinated on by one party goer. Yeah I went home barefoot LOL!!!
OMG... Your shoes got peed on?? How the heck does that happen?? LOL And here I thought that I had some interesting, crazy nights when I was single!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,
Another great game for the Saints! The Saints should do like the Packers did today and run 4 of their second string to tighten up the score a little! LOL Did I mention that I think I'm in FIRST place?? I only called one game incorrectly today! Woohoo!! There are going to be 19 men that are going to hate me! Never underestimate the power of a blonde who knows sports!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah Quinn, you are awesome. Kick their asses.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

I'm tired, quick check in:

1. No sugar No sugar
2. 1200 calories max 1192
3. Exercise twice (one down Saturday) Two down
4. 3 sports bottles water Didn't get there
5. 25g fiber 29
6. 4-5 fruits and veggies Yep
7. Check in daily Yep

Catch y'all in the morning!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
FitDay Member

New Year's Day Report

Food numbers edited Monday afternoon when I noticed I neglected to record my salad dressing yesterday. BUT it was still an all green day as I originally reported

Calorie limit 1600 1224
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.9g
Average daily fiber 25g 27g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 135mg
Average daily sat fat 12% 10%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES

Water 48 oz. YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 2
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0
Vitamin D and fish oil YES

Something wonderful: I learned yesterday that a friend of mine in her mid 60's seems to be significantly improved in her memory loss that was really debilitating to the point of being dangerous. Long story short: three years ago her doctor prescribed a medication for her INDIGESTION that is intended to relieve MENSTRUAL CRAMPS. (Sorry, Mike. ) A common side effect of that medication in senior citizens age IS memory loss. She's been routinely overdosing on it because it didn't help her indigestion and she wouldn't remember that she had already taken two or three doses in the past hour or so. She had a mild stroke a few weeks ago and was staying with her daughter who caught her accidentally overdosing. A visiting nurse caught the prescription error. She's now off that medication and taking over-the-counter antacid that works just fine.

Last edited by Mern; 01-02-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, great job on your goals yesterday!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie The party was fun most of my dd friends have little kids running around so they had a ball with noise makers and sparklers we actually celebrated New York City’s ball drop for them so it was 9 here but they were none the wiser. My dd doesn’t drink so most of her friends without kids moved on to bars before midnight which left the loud but fun friends of my son’s and I chuckled when you mentioned your son singing I’m to sexy as we got to see drunk men doing the wiggle wiggle it was so wrong but yet so stupid you had to laugh. Good job on eating right and still getting in some party time I will be on track tomorrow no more excuses.

Mern Thanks I lost 60lbs but then put allot back on when life gets stressful I eat and I really struggle with people noticing how I look so I am really trying to work on the mental issues this time not just the food ones so hopefully this time it will stick, plus I have a support system this time thanks to all of you. I am really excited about hubby getting on board but I don’t want to be to in his face about it either so I am really trying to figure out the best way to be encouraging without being annoying. Nice green day for you!! I am glad someone caught your friend’s mistake with the drugs and that she will recover from the memory loss.

Tori Glad to hear you sounding more your happy self today. Hope you didn’t love those shoes because they are gone now, yuck. Good job on losing weight during the holidays I am envious but still happy for you.

Mike Wow want to come clean my yard and garage when you’re done.

Pam I am not a real resolution person but I also need to refocus my energy into my career since I have been off work for 6 months it’s time to get back to work.

Lisa Welcome great goals.

Mh Congratulations on your triathlon acceptance. Good job on your run today. Thanks for the definitions the SO I didn’t know.

Msclark Welcome. I use custom foods a lot so I go forward a day log everything in my salad then turn it into a custom food I am very routine with my food so this works for me I always eat tomato and sunflower seeds in my salad with raspberry dressing so it saves me time having it as one food.

Quinn Nice job on kicking the men’s butt's in your football pool!

Today wasn’t horrible but I did get company so a couple glasses of wine and some meat and cheese put me at 1540c. I enjoyed it as my head was saying you are so done, I think tomorrow will be an easy bounce back I took Quinn’s advice from earlier this week and everything that the kid’s didn’t want to take to their rooms got garbaged so no more looking at candy in dishes or leftovers every time I open the fridge. I have a hike planned and a busy day taking down the tree and all the other decorations. I took out the chicken for dinner and made the salad tonight so hopefully I have set myself up for a great Monday. Have a nice night.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Mern
fit4luv, I love your animated smilies. LOL
Mern, Thank you! I love to have fun along the way. Yea for your friend!!!!!! & Here's for you on your Green Victory!

To all new people on this board!

Welcome Mom8TN! Best wishes on your goals this week. One step at a time will help us reach our goals.

Welcome aboard, Lisa. I'll be looking forward to see how you do this week. We're all here as warriors onto better health.

Originally Posted by msclark40
New to this...well new to finally taking it seriously anyway. My only goal right now for the short-term is to stay motivated and not quit like I've done so many times before.
Please keep posting so we can keep encouraging you! Welcome!

FIT Challenge:
Focus: Faith __ Listen to Bible daily
Intake: Fiber___Non-Starch Vegetable 4 servings daily
Train: Feet____ 13.5 mi (28,512 steps) wkly

As I promised -- for those of you who asked, I'll share later about what the dietician is working on with me. I had 1 visit, and have another time scheduled. My labs are out of whack. Before starting on meds, I want another blood drawn completed. Low thyroid levels & high triglycerides are NOT good! I've heart & diabetes prevelant in my family on my mother's & father's side.

As far as walking goes --- I do variety. I love to have variety. I walked this last week to the library with my daughter (about 15" one way). I paced in my house. Sometimes I use Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs. My parent's offered use of their treadmill. I used to do hiking when younger, but don't feel up to it just yet. (Not real serious, but when I lived in Kentucky would take little hikes). I want to be able to do more of hiking & to learn to ski, skate & swim better.

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mern; congrats on an awesome day yourself! Such good news about your friend...with an easy fix. Who'd have thought?

Luv, thanks for sharing about where you are. I hope that you're able to get things resolved soon, with healthy eating and exercise.

Darlene, what is New Year's if not for loud and fun, right? It sounds like your party was in two shifts and went on all night, lol. I know it feels like a relief to get that stuff out of the house! Enjoy that clean feeling of being back on track, and enjoy your hike! I have no time for one today, and our 65* weather has plummeted to the 30s, so I'm not eager to get up the mountain today, as they say. I admire your commitment to go in rain and cold when called for!

Quinn, congrats! Did you end up in first? I've a friend who took first in his league and posted it last night. Congrats on using your noggin. I don't know too much about football; baseball, yes, tennis, yes...I'm just happy the Ravens pulled it out yesterday. My niece posted a Facebook photo yesterday of the dads and their babies lined up on the couch...3 in Ravens jerseys and shirts were smiling and one in a Bengals sweatshirt, not so much! Good times.

Today I think I'm going to make a huge pot of chicken veggie soup, since our temperature has dipped so drastically. I may attempt homemade noodles like my grandmother used to do. I found a good recipe using whole wheat flour and I've already got the board out from homemade pizza last night. I can remember going to visit her and seeing them drying all over her kitchen. Ah, another one of those food-as-memories moments !

So, on to some goals, back to basics!

1. Calorie limit 1300.
2. Balance pie chart.
3. 25g fiber.
4. 4-5 fruits and veggies.
5. 2 sports bottles of water.
6. Exercise 6 times.
7. Take vitamins and supplements.
8. Shoulder exercises every day.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
PPD = Person I'm Potentially Dating
SO = Significant Other
Thanks. I was pretty sure that the "D" stood for dear, wasn't positive though. and PPD I never would would have figured out on my own.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
When my back is bothering me, my sciatic pain is in my left butt cheek. I call it a PITA (Pain In The A..)
Oh I DEFINITELY know what a PITA is. He called again yesterday. And it still didn't ruin my good mood

I'll catch up with the rest of you later today. gotta actually get some work done before lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.