Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie and Darlene, thanks. I didn't get much of a chance to test it out. I went back to the office for about a 1/2 and had to pick up the youngest of the chirrens. She just got back from Disney, they got to perform at the Capital One Bowl. I plan on working a full day tomorrow so I should be able to put the Internet through the test. I did make a few calls from home today and have 2 lined up to close tomorrow, so today wasn't a total waste.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, great start (especially that 75 minute workout!) jumping back on the wagon! You know, we all secretely PM'd each other and agreed to get really yacky so you'd have 12 pages to read when you returned. We gave you a break--we were gonna go for 15. LOL on asking Cassie whether rats would be in her Chinese lunch plan.

Terri, hi. Glad to read BF now has TWO job prospects. I hope he gets the one he'd like most. I don't have that many all green reports, so I really brag myself up when I do. My back is feeling much better this evening thanks. Most of the pain now is just after being seated for a while, but then it's not too bad once I get moving. Boy, that surely is weird how you got that horrible, sharp pain in your shoulderblade descending the stairs--even more weird than mine hurting my back because I have a bad back anyway and am way older. You said the pain lingered for 9 hours--it was OK the next day, then? You hit the description of my friend prescribed the incorrect medication right on the nose--it was like she was in a fog, and I also noticed she seemed to literally do a lot of things in slower motion than normal. On the opinions of others, yes, you got it right--you have to keep YOURSELF in the equation. Hey, girl, lots of green in YOUR goals, too. Sorry you're still not feeling up to par, though. I hope you're totally well soon.

Cassie, both a pasta machine and a kick-butt mixer sound like fun.

Mike, what did your youngest perform at the Capital One Bowl? Band or singing? I hope changing you to the "correct switch" solves your Internet problems. Oh, I can definitely believe that for two years nobody thought to check to see if you were on the right switch. I talked to my cell phone company for hours--and it was 6 or 7 different people over a two day period (not exaggerating) about not being able to send photos to my computer or online photo album from my new phone. They could not solve the problem and finally suggested I return the phone to the store and get a new one. It wasn't until I mentioned the problem to my 17 year old granddaughter that she thought maybe I wasn't in a place in the room where I had enough bars of power. Not one of those techies asked me how many bars were showing. And that's all the problem was. I did have some issues with FD locking up on me today--seems fine now, though.

Darlene, oh, I really hope you WERE able to treat yourself to that lazy day! You certainly earned it! I tried the flax oil and just couldn't get into that flavor. If you switch to seed, be sure it's ground flaxmeal because our bodies can't digest the unground seed. I totally agree that once we remove bad foods we can appreciate the good foods more. I eat one or two ounces of unsalted almonds per day to help reduce cholesterol or triglycerides (forget which one it is) but I can easily stop at that much. Took me a really long time to get over my addiction to cheese--had to force myself for the same reason--to bring down my triglycerides and cholesterol in order to be able to avoid meds. Yeah, I know--not everyone's problem can be controlled through diet alone--I know how lucky I am... Oh, and my back IS feeling much better now, thanks--only hurts for a few minutes when I first get up and start walking after having been seated for a while. Was able to do a mile of my walking DVD today at normal pace and about 60% intensity, but didn't feel ready to do the resistance bands yet. That's a HUGE amount of progress from yesterday, so this may have been nothing more than a severe, acute cramp. OK, so that's a bonus complaint-to- blessing for which to be thankful.

Last edited by Mern; 01-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, she's a cheerleader. Yeah customer service or the level of competence to have many jobs has gone done.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, oh, cheerleading! That's great. I hope she had a wonderful time.

I can see some newbie techies not knowing some stuff--I suspect over the phone they often do a search noting the symptoms and they read off the computer monitor what the problem could be. But when the lowest level of tech support bumps us up to a more experienced level of support personnel, you'd think SOMEBODY could figure it out in a reasonable amount of time!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm back...

Boy I've had a heck of a time getting logged on here...hopefully this time works. I'm returning after a loooooong time away from fitday forums. But I know I am so much more motivated when I'm involved with the community, so I'm back. I've gained about 5# (not muscle!) since I've been away. Not beating myself up over it...just don't want to let it go.

Anyways, just wanted to re-introduce myself to the "gang" and thank you in advance for being here!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hopefully I can get through this w/o FD glitching. I was still having problems a few minutes ago .

Ah so nice to see everyone checking in - and to see the new ladies! Welcome again all. Just a few quick notes before I totally lose track of who said what.

Amy - TOO CUTE those little bunnies. They seem to enjoy each other's company - is that typical? Or will they have their own hutches soon?

Darlene - You know as well as I do that all those hikers will disappear in about 2 weeks and you have the place to yourself again. Funny about new years resolutions. Some, like you, can stick with it most just fade into the old bad habits.

Terri - Fingers and toes cross for BF. Good luck with your class. At one point I really wanted to do more teaching, but at this point in my career (and after listening to DH for 20 years) I really do not think I have the right stuff.

CJ - Mt Dishdrainer hahaha! I have no problem putting them away from the drainer on the left side of the sink - it's the stack unclean on the right side that turns into a booby-trap for the next person adding a dish.

Mern - Human bodies are such odd inventions. As you probably know I do all sorts of active stuff, but 90% of the time it is the most mudane motion that tweaks my back or a joint.

Joanna - Just keep on keeping on. It doesn't sound like you need any new resolutons at all.

Quinn - I hope your day was a calm as you were expecting. Given how much your mom relies on you as her support system, it isn't surprising that the passing of one of her friends hit you a little harder than expected.

MH - When do you start your Tri-ath program?

Lizzie - Yeah! welcome back

Now, where do you suppose Rose is?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Built
Boy I've had a heck of a time getting logged on here...hopefully this time works. I'm returning after a loooooong time away from fitday forums. But I know I am so much more motivated when I'm involved with the community, so I'm back. I've gained about 5# (not muscle!) since I've been away. Not beating myself up over it...just don't want to let it go.

Anyways, just wanted to re-introduce myself to the "gang" and thank you in advance for being here!

Hey Beth!
Wow great to see you logging in! So what's happening in your life these days?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Fitday seems to dislike me right now so I will be back later hopefully this will post it took 3min to turn a page and I am not exaggerating be back later
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Built

Well, hello, stranger! So glad to see you! Come, on, you know what to do. You got this!
FitDay Member

Pam, I was really surprised to read that as active as you are, even the most mundane motion can cause you a problem. Not that misery loves company, but your comment made me feel less decrepit.

Well, I hope Rose is out having a wonderfully exciting time on a new project--maybe heavily involved in that new documentary she was working on. I miss her, too.

Rose, come out, come out wherever you are!

Beth, welcome back! You know you have our support while you work off those five pounds and we hope you'll stick around after that, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.