Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Can I just say I saw this one coming hours ago??? We're gonna want pics, you know! I hope you and CN have a fantastic time!

hahahaha! I'm such a girl sometimes! Which is funny, because normally I'm not. I'm a jeans and tee girl most of the time, but then there are times when I just wanna SHOP and find the cutest outfits. Pics below are what's IN my closet, and I still have nothing to wear.....SMH

I'll try to get some pics before I go out tomorrow. Can't promise though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
closet2.jpg (25.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg
closet1a.jpg (19.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
WAIT!! I missed it! Who's "CN"?? Is this the New Year's Eve kisser?? Date night, new clothes, eyebrow pluckage... high five, girl!!!! And yes, LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!!
"CN" is CuterNicer...New Year's Eve NON-kisser. There was no NY'sE kiss, it was the figment of the host's imagination. The eyebrows I need to get done anyway, now I have to. Cause a girl can't go on a date with nasty eyebrows.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm. I don't see anything in there, either. Definitely shopping time. I hear you, I'm the same way. Most of the time I couldn't care less and find it a pain, but every so often I get a real shopping jones...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, congrats for him on passing! Are you sure that he's required to be on your policy? I'm not sure about Georgia laws/regulations but in Louisiana, insurance isn't required until they get a license. They are covered on your policy b/c the insurance follows the vehicle. Most agent will add them to make a buck, but it's not required. Just food for thought. That's why if a vehicle here doesn't have insurance you're supposed to turn in the plate to the DMV. The driver only affects the rate.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-06-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, congrats for him on passing! Are you sure that he's required to be on your policy? I'm not sure about Georgia laws/regulations but in Louisiana, insurance isn't required until they get a license. They are covered on your policy b/c the insurance follows the vehicle. Most agent will add them to make a buck, but it's not required. Just food for thought. That's why if a vehicle here doesn't have insurance you're supposed to turn in the plate to the DMV. The driver only affects the rate.
From what I was able to determine, he has to be on there, but he's on as a "non-rated" driver. There is no change in the policy premium until he is fully licensed. It was so funny, though; the agent was going through, asking me his GPA and explaining the discount, and I'm thinking, cool, hubby and I get a discount 'cause our kid's a good student...then she caught herself and said since we weren't paying any additional for him for a year or more anyway, the discount wouldn't kick in till then. I really don't want to think about what the premiums will be at that time .
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Friday's final #s

1--under 1400 calories--1380, 1329, 1202, 1296, 1350 doing well so far with this one, hope I can keep it up the next 2 days
2--exercise 4 times--N, Y, Y, N, N
3--relax and enjoy--it's been all over the board today. had a rough day at work but then things picked up when I got home.

So much to do tomorrow!!! Night all!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Specific weekend goals: Going to be a strong one!

1. Limit 1200 calories daily.
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily (no jail or other excuses to avoid the bathroom).
3. 4 or more fruits and veggies.
4. Fiber at least 25g.
5. No sugar.
6. 2 cardio exercises.
7. 2 weights (upper body Sat.; lower Sun., or vice versa).
8. Take vitamins and supplements.
9. Shoulder exercises twice daily.
10. Log every last little thing!

Work and home chores are on my master list so I won't list them here. Hope all had an enjoyable Friday. 'Night!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Amy That’s so crappy. I hope that your tests all go well, even though it’s ridiculous to get tests done at 7am on a Saturday.On a positive note it takes weeks to schedule tests here so at least you got fast service.

Cassie I went to see We Bought A Zoo it was really good I laughed and cried and at the end I found out it was based on a true story. I did not eat bad popcorn but I had 3-4 mints to treat myself for not giving in to the wonderful smell and that ruined my no sugar day but I am still better off than if I ate that popcorn. Yeah on your son passing his test, good luck on teaching him to drive. In our house we always assumed driving lessons would be a Dad job but it turned out he couldn’t deal with the stress so it became my job and much to the kids surprise I am a pretty good driving instructor.

Mern Green beans are a great sub for chips. I really like fish and chips it’s the English in me I wouldn’t of skipped the chips and they would of been soaked in malt vinegar and I would of ate them while craving a hot sausage roll and bangers and mash and ……oh this may be why I avoid fish and chips.lol

Tori Sorry I misread your date night so I will change my have fun to tomorrow night. Shopping yeah I am living vicariously through you all today Quinn gets new furniture, Mern gets deep fried fish and you get new clothes.

In defense of the people who we deal with daily that appear to be mindless and unable to think for themselves many of them work for companies and managers that will not allow them to do anything but quote the script. A few years ago I was asked to take over a store and the employees all seemed well, um ...useless, when I started to ask how would you solve this or do this I got” however we are told” so after a couple months of retraining and asking questions like what do you think, how would you like to see this done it turned out I had 14 amazing, smart, happy people and well 1 not so useful one. So if you are blessed enough to be in a job where you are appreciated and you have the ability to be the best you can be that’s awesome but many people just have to go to work and do what they are told and they aren't very happy or treated very well.

I hope you all enjoy your evening.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M= 6.9k, T=2k, W=4k, T=9.2k, F=N
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=Treadmill, T=Hike, F=30min Aerobics
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1237, T=1232, W=1396, T=1303, F=1338
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1084, T= -676, W=-649, T=-854, F=-576
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N ate mints to resist theater popcorn.
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days: M=N, T=Yes except 1protein shake, W=N, T=Yes except 2 protein shake
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
FitDay Member

Insomnia is a horrible thing last night it was almost 4am before I drifted off for a couple of hours tonight is not looking much better I have been staring at the ceiling for almost an hour. I got a new book for Christmas I guess I can go read that and hope for sleep.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

Includes New Year's Day

Way over in carbs due to breading on Cracker Barrel deep fried cod fish. Gotta say it's so delicious that it's worth it and I will make up for it this weekend. No nutrition information available from that restaurant, so I used a generic count found online. Estimating 17g carbs in the huge 9 oz. or so totally yummy portion.

Calorie limit 1600 1224, 1573, 1407, 1289, 1354, 1512
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.9g, 23.0g, 25.0g, 28.9g, 24.9g, 44,9g
Average daily fiber 25g 27g, 26g, 30g, 22g, 26g, 17g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 135mg, 144mg, 215mg, 151mg, 207mg, 214mg
Average daily sat fat 12% 9%, 10%, 6%, 12%, 8%, 12%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES, YES, counting it green at about 4 2/3 servings, YES

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, NO YES, YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 2, 0, 2, 2, 1, 0
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1, 0, 2, 0 3
Vitamin D and fish oil YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days: Sunday scheduled day off, YES, YES, YES Thursday scheduled day off, YES

Something wonderful: we've been having VERY mild weather in Ohio, has felt like early autumn for the past few days.

Last edited by Mern; 01-07-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.