Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Whew! What a crazy week! Today was spent cleaning house, running errands and grocery shopping and it's already after 3 pm! I'm feeling somewhat caught up, new furniture is being delivered tomorrow and we have record breaking temperatures in the mid 40's with lots of sunshine. It's totally crazy! Usually, this time of year, we are dipping below zero fairly often. I'm just ticked off that I had too much to do today to get out on my favorite trails.

Snowshoeing is going to have to wait as well, as we only have an inch or two of snow on the ground (...lots of grass still showing).

On a happy note, I'm down another pound... 5 to go. I'll probably show a loss tomorrow as well, because it's nearly supper time and I still haven't taken the time to sit down and eat. Although, it is date night and I'm sure I'll use all of my calories then.

I'm SOOOO ready to relax this weekend! Daughter is sleeping at a friends house, so I should have a nice, quiet, relaxing night.

Off to pay bills... Then, my day is done!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Now I'm convinced that I'm losing it.... I'm clumsy and breaking things and now I'm losing stuff too. I got a new pair of lovely red leather gloves for Christmas and I am positive that I had them on when I went out tonight but when I left the restaurant I realised I didn't have them. I went straight back in but they weren't there, so I thought maybe I hadn't worn them tonight but when I got home they are nowhere to be found so I phoned the bar again but still nothing handed in, I think I'm going slowly mad.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Horsepower in the kitchen is a marvelous thing.
And a necessary thing, unfortunately, now that my whole right arm's jacked up. Thanks for the feedback. I read some reviews and was torn about the attachments vs. the separate machine, then it dawned on me that I'd still have to crank a machine, whereas the attachment I wouldn't. I should probably think about a bread maker, too, but somehow the thought of not kneading it myself somehow takes some of the joy out of it.

Still trying to get rid of the wicked headache. The boy has had a friend over and I'm experiencing the "I want it off my desk, so let's pass it to the psychologist on Friday afternoon" phenomenon. This weekend and week will be crazy busy so I need to plan well. I've also been asked to develop a program for competency restoration and a training program for foster parents on mental heath in kids, which I present next Saturday. I am really glad to be busy again; I just wish it would space itself out!

Terri, how did the class go? I remember one summer I taught a class and came out of my apartment on the last day to give the final and all 4 of my tires had been stolen. I never knew whether or not it was a student, but it was a strange coincidence! I'm sure you did fine; you are probably a very engaging instructor.

Tori, as for the hammer, I think that's too obvious. Could you maybe drop a big frozen turkey instead, to make it look accidental?

Lizzie, I'm sorry about your injury. I hope it heals soon. It sounds very painful.

Mike, I'll bet the cops there let a lot of borderline behavior pass during Mardi Gras. Had a good laugh at your story.

Joanna, my belated condolences on your awful day. Grace under pressure; sounds like you handled it and hope you are settled in.

Gotta scoot and make a few more calls before the end of the business day. Will do my weekend goals tonight.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, congrats on a fine calorie achievement day. So glad you are enjoying the ride. But then I saw your day is starting out sucky. Hope it gets "unsucked" ...or is that "DEsucked"?
It did get a little better, thanks! Desuck is good with me! The drama with your gs is cracking me up!! It's one of the reasons I don't have kids, LOL! I can barely deal with the cat, much less kids.....I told one of the guys at work today that I didn't need kids, I had all of them to boss around and generally make unhappy.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Of course you really don't need a cop to get frisked and handcuffed while being indecently exposed either. LOL.
LMFAO!!!! I read this on my phone at work, and about peed my pants! All I could think of was a conversation that I had with my cousin once about this very thing. (I was dating a cop at the time ) and she was all I think I may have just overshared LOL!!

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... What a scary place you used to live in. I hope you make it through today without physically hurting that manager.
Scary? Nah!! What with the meth labs blowing up behind us, the burglers and the general creepiness of the area! Who could be scared of that??? I never really got scared there though. It was my grandparents' house, and as long as I was in the house I was never scared. I didn't like getting home after dark though.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
On a happy note, I'm down another pound... 5 to go. I'll probably show a loss tomorrow as well, because it's nearly supper time and I still haven't taken the time to sit down and eat. Although, it is date night and I'm sure I'll use all of my calories then.
WOOHOO! Congrats on the pound down!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, as for the hammer, I think that's too obvious. Could you maybe drop a big frozen turkey instead, to make it look accidental?
I was thinking a soda bottle upside the head, but decided not. He wound up doing what I told him in the first place.

So, now that I'm pretty much caught up with y'all I think I am going to go find supper and then start digging through my closet to find DATE CLOTHES!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to FedEx a 7 year old boy to Boiling Springs, SC or to Slidell, LA.

Can anyone help me with a "guesstimate" on Cracker Barrel Friday Night Cod Fish Fry? How big do you think the portion size is in ounces. They don't have nutrition facts online, but I found some general nutrition facts per 4 oz. boneless battered fried cod that I'll use.

Last edited by Mern; 01-06-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to FedEx a 7 year old boy to Boiling Springs, SC or to Slidell, La.
I can hear Elvis now... "Return to sender."
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to FedEx a 7 year old boy to Boiling Springs, SC or to Slidell, LA.
HAHA! I'd fatten him up on some good ole southern food and then ship him back! I LOVE kids, as long as I can send them home after a certain period of time. I'm my nieces and nephew's godparent, and told my brother and his wife to make sure nothing happens to either of them until the kids are adults. The kids hate when I babysit because I don't give into them. I'm the one who makes them buckle down and do what they're told. Once when they were supposed to be cleaning their room, they kept watching tv. I shut the tv off 2 times and told them that if I had to come back in the room that the tv was coming with me. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later I see them all sitting on the floor watching the tv, and the room wasn't clean yet. I politely walked in the room, cut off the tv, unhooked the cable and unplugged the tv and took it out. Needless to say, the room was cleaned in NO TIME!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Can anyone help me with a "guesstimate" on Cracker Barrel Friday Night Cod Fish Fry? How big do you think the portion size is in ounces. They don't have nutrition facts online, but I found some general nutrition facts per 4 oz. boneless battered fried cod that I'll use.
ROFLOL, dunno. How much does he weigh? I got an app for that.

Can't say on the fish but a 4 oz piece of chicken is about the size of my palm.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie I hope your head feels better today and your clumsy spell passes really soon.

Amy Your swim sounded fun I love to swim in the summer my best friends parents have a pool which I like as I am not comfortable in a bathing suit in public, even when I was smaller I wouldn’t go out in one I am not a bathing suit girl. Gang intervention wow you are woman of many talents, did they really sell guns to gangs that seems like an insane idea to me.

Mike You didn’t offend me with the gun talk, it’s just a different conversation than I normally find myself in but honestly it was very interesting to hear how different places control guns. I hope your daughters toe feels better.

Mh I am glad you enjoyed your time with Mom I love it when my dd and I get good quality time together.

Cassie Did your son pass his test? Will you or hubby get the pleasure of teaching him to drive? I hope your headache passes soon.

Quinn New furniture what a great treat! What kind of new stuff are you getting? Sorry you couldn’t get out to hike but bonus on the good weather.

Tori Enjoy your date!

Mern Battered and fried fish and chips yum but you might be better just to enjoy your treat without the nutritional knowledge I don’t know for sure but if I had to guess I bet its high calorie high fat although very tasty. Fedexing grandkids sounds like a great plan but it’s probably frowned upon lol.

I am going to the movies so I packed my prepopped organic cheddar popcorn and my bottle of water in my purse so I won't eat the bucket of fatty calories no matter how good it smells I won't do it, yes I am trying to convince myself I love the smell of theater popcorn. Be back later.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
And a necessary thing, unfortunately, now that my whole right arm's jacked up. Thanks for the feedback. I read some reviews and was torn about the attachments vs. the separate machine, then it dawned on me that I'd still have to crank a machine, whereas the attachment I wouldn't. I should probably think about a bread maker, too, but somehow the thought of not kneading it myself somehow takes some of the joy out of it.
The KA mixer comes with a dough hook, so you make it with the mixer and punch it down and knead it after the first rise, win-win baby. I LOVE mine, it was a wedding gift, and seriously I can't even imagine the last 13 years without it. I use mine almost every day.

Sorry to hear you have a splitting headache. Personally I'm in sort of a funk today, feeling very much like going to bed just so I can end today and start fresh tomorrow.

What did you do to your arm? My shoulders are all whacked out, my dad has frozen shoulders, looks like that will be my battle as well. Ugh. Getting older sucks big time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.