Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, they let borderline stuff slide year 'round, during Mardi Gras it's close to a free for all.

Mern, I'm in the same boat as you I made homemade vegetable beef soup. It's kinda hard to guess how to log it. I quit logging earlier today. I did walk for food, I did 2.8 miles to get a blast. I logged it but not the turkey sammich, the orange, king cake and soup.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

RANT (in white) BELOW, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Okay I'm having a bit of a sucky day, need to vent and can't to DH he's already touchy on the issue. Okay last night DH opens the mail, there is a benefits thing from the Health insurance denying a claim at the dentist office, for $500. He's just this side of purple fury, so I say I'll call the dentist and he's volunteers to talk to HR about it. He calls me this morning and says I goofed up and took the kids plus me to the dentist for cleanings and check ups 3 times this last year and now we're going to have to pay out of pocket, because our insurance only covers 2 visits. I call the dentist, they of course are closed on Fridays. Nice eh. Anyway I go back over the bills and remember that when I made the appointments for December that I specifically asked them to double check that we didn't have to go into January because our last checkups were in July. They called me back and said that we were fine for December because our insurance pays for one check up in every 6 month period, and that we don't have to wait for an exact date. So I made the appointments for Christmas break while the kids were out of school. Which would have been fine, except that a year ago during Christmas break we had a snow storm and ended up having to reschedule the appointments from Christmas break to January 12th. So yes technically we did go 3 times in 1 calendar year. Ugh, I hate it when things like this happen. I'm going to write an appeal, which will probably be denied.

On top of that I had a very rude conversation with the receptionist at my doctor's office yesterday because I called in for a prescription renewal. Apparently they can't renew a script until I schedule an appointment, and I can't schedule the appointment until I schedule a mammogram and a series of blood tests. I'm like WTF? I have zero symptoms for any of the things on this blood work list, never been tested for any of it, no family history for any of it either, I've also never gotten any blood work before an appointment. I've had blood work done after, but only for very specific reasons (allergies and anemia mostly).

Also last year at my exam I asked about getting a mammogram and a cholesterol test and was told that the office policy was to establish baseline test results for healthy women at age 45, and once every 3 years after that, unless there were issues. I was shocked at the once in 3 years, but it was explained to me that the medical field as a whole was changing it's opinion on how often a healthy person should be radiated and that the industry standard might be changing to some other form of scan. So I was like "okay yeah no mammo for me for a couple more years". Only to be rudely informed by some GED holding 20 something dingbat receptionist that she won't help me until I've complied with her list of requirements. Ugh, it's not so much the tests that piss me off, it was the treatment.

So as I'm questioning the sanity (and expense) of running all these crazy tests on a healthy woman, she rudely says "Well you must be old, oh yes I see it here, you are old, so just get the tests scheduled, because I can't make you an appointment until the lab calls back with your number". I'm soooo making a complaint about that woman. Anyway the hospital calls today and says that my lab appointment is at 7:00am and my mammogram is at 11:00 TOMORROW . Who in their right mind schedules a mammogram right in the middle of a freaking Saturday. Ugh, at least the stupid blood work will be done at 7:00am (again WTF? on a Saturday no less) so I can eat breakfast before they put the squeeze on me. Ugh, this is not how I had planned to spend my day. It's the first Saturday in 6 weeks that hasn't been booked up to the rafters, I was really hoping for sleep and a hot breakfast. Damn.

I am soooo freakin' not happy with medicine as a whole today.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Grrr I tried to read your rand but can highlight it on my phone to read it. I had to go in as if I were to edit it but it's too big to scroll. I got through the first paragraph. I'll read it tomorrow and see if I may be able to help or make a suggestion, if you'd want it.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Amy, if all that doesn't have you heading for the pub tonight, girl, more power to ya. I am thinking a few of the folks at the forefront of the gun debate of the past couple days need to head on up there and "reason" with some of the medical professionals you've had to deal with. With medicine, with insurance, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Unfortunately you get a lot of people in billing/secretarial/processing positions that don't have the common sense God gave a banana...blindly follow script, blindly follow script. Good luck with the squishy squashy tomorrow. I don't suppose there's an app for that?

Mern, thanks for the latest installment. Whose head is harder? Oh, my, I'm having a good chuckle on this one. Sorry I'm not much help on the Cracker Barrel front, but I would say that 4 oz. sounds like a standard portion. Better to make a guess at it than not, I supposed, though I agree with Amy in that I'd just like to go to bed and wake up and start over.

Tori, I think maybe you could hire out and show up at people's homes like that Supernanny show. Wouldn't it beat moronic coworkers and balky computers? I think you would be marvelous!

Darlene, enjoy your movie! What are you seeing?

Mike, you need a placard...Will Walk for Blasts . Is your weather better? We had 70* today.

Well, the boy passed the test and is now the proud owner of a learner's permit for the next year and a day, at least. I called the insurance company and added him to the policy so we are all covered. I think his first lesson will be on Sunday but it's supposed to rain on and off this weekend so that's tentative. One more rite of passage...sigh.

Amy, I have deQuervain's tendinitis in my wrist/hand, tennis elbow, and shoulder impingement. The shoulder has been the least receptive to treatment and PT.

I keep trying to get myself to go do my Master List of weekend tasks; for some reason I have a mental block about it.

Hey! Where are Rose and Mary this week?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Gotta go pick up GD from work so will catch up later, but DH and I eyeballed the volume and then weighed some breaded chicken tenders that were in the fridge. The chicken is more dense than the fish and we simultaneously said the Cracker Barrel cod fish portion must be about 9 oz. I have counts for generic battered, deep fried, boneless cod, so I'll use that. Close enough. Thanks, pals, for your input.

Amy, is your nephew who ordered the 5000 strings of beads named Mike and does he live in Slidell, LA? I've decided Monday if GS doesn't help get his breakfast, I will point to the plain Cheerios or Fiber One cereal and he can eat that dry if he's too lazy to get out a bowl, milk and a spoon. Thanks--your fish estimate sounds about right. Shipping about 45 lbs. of boy to LA or SC. LOL

Tori, hope you find some great date clothes in your closet. You sound like me--I don't yell for long--if at all. For some reason the kids take that as even more mean. I tell them what will happen if they don't mind and if that DOES happen, it's the punishment they chose for themselves. Wow, this kid is the most stubborn of all our 7 grandkids...like breaking in a wild horse. LOL

Lizzie, hope you find your gloves!

Cassie, best wishes developing the programs for competency restoration and for foster parents.

Quinn, yahoo on the new furniture. Enjoy! Oh, yahoo on the pound down, too! Well done!

Beth, I don't have time today to reply to everyone. Sometimes it's just impossible, even as yacky as I get myself. Tonight I have to skim and just post a line or two to each. Ooh, lucky you--you got THREE lines. LOL

Mike, glad your DD's toe is feeling better. On your FedEx package--"address unknown, no such number, no such zone" ? Ya big chicken! LOL

April, my German grandmother loved Grandpa, but called him an arschloch when she was mad at him--that's German for a$$hole. LOL My DD is a great mother and a single mother of four.(Daddy is absentee and pays no child support) My grandson is her youngest and she babies him.

Darlene, way to go on packing your own treat for the movies! I'm happy to say I ate the fish but substituted a green beans for the chips. I believe I could still fit this dinner into my food allowance OCCASIONALLY if I plan ahead--for sure would have to cut down on the fish portion size--maybe eat half and bring half the fish.

Last edited by Mern; 01-06-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
RANT (in white) BELOW, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
So so sorry that you're having such a rough day! I had s similar incident earlier this year. My vision insurance has changed and will no longer pay for me to go see the same doctor that I have for the past 8. So, I did some searching and found one that I thought would work with the ins. So I called and they said "yeah, we take that". So I set the appt, went in, had the WORST exam ever. And I've been doing yearly exams since I was 6, I know what an eye exam consists of. And then when all is said and done, THEY DON'T ACCEPT MY INSURANCE! I was livid! I sent off all the paperwork for an out of network exam and the ins. still wouldn't cover anything. So, now I have to find another doctor....again. It's such a PITA.....
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Mern--I have pretty much no tolerance when the kids don't mind. I have permission to spank, but I've never had to, nor do I want to. I've popped the oldest in the mouth once when she kept sassing me....but that's it. I've found that they sometimes want the spanking, because then it's done and over. Whereas other punishments are worse for them. Sitting at the kitchen table alone with nothing to read or do is a favorite punishment for me to dole out.

Cassie--I'm not sure I could do the whole SuperNanny thing. I'd want to smack some of those kids! And I'm sure that's frowned upon with network tv....

Mike--ship me some of that veggie soup!!

Date clothes were not found in my closet. Which means only one thing.....I'M GOING SHOPPING IN THE MORNING!! I'll have to stop by the salon when they open to get my eyebrows done, that way I'm not all red and puffy come tomorrow night.....THEN I'll go shopping! I'm also gonna have to plan my food carefully tomorrow, I'm not real sure what CN has planned for us.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'M GOING SHOPPING IN THE MORNING!!
Can I just say I saw this one coming hours ago??? We're gonna want pics, you know! I hope you and CN have a fantastic time!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

More King Cake?? What the heck is in it anyway?? I've got to try one.

Guess what tomorrow is?? Saints vs. Detroit!! Can't wait! Remember what I said... wrap Brees up in a ton of bubble wrap, and you should be fine. Oh, and watch for crotch kicks from Ndamukong Suh. What a piece of work he is! A little 25 y/o piece of crud. I'm betting that the Detroit coach will throw his headgear to the ground at least twice, as well. I can't wait to see them lose... lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Can I just say I saw this one coming hours ago??? We're gonna want pics, you know! I hope you and CN have a fantastic time!
WAIT!! I missed it! Who's "CN"?? Is this the New Year's Eve kisser?? Date night, new clothes, eyebrow pluckage... high five, girl!!!! And yes, LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.