Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You don't have to wore about that.

mh, you and yo mammy went and got y'alls nails did?
YUP! She's been in a funk lately, so I've been her personal cheerleader. I'm also having fun trying to find neutral tones that are calm enough for me to work in the psych lab, yet have just enough edge/pop that I can wear them to greek events and out in the club! For Christmas & New Years (since I'm not in school) it was gold glitter, but now I'm back to "Under the Taupe" And you better believe I got them filed down to "sport length." Told the technician I was planning on getting into a barfight
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hope you have a terrific weekend!! Have fun with PPD....don't do anything I would
Haha, oh honey, why you trying to have all the fun?! C'mon, live a little! We all get one Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card in life, I just happen to have mine bookmarked for indecent exposure! Haha
Old 01-06-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

UGH the day has not started off very well.

Got to work, on time for once, and the printer is STILL not working. And a certain manager has royally P'd me off this morning, TWICE!! He's so worthless it's not even funny.

I need a vacation.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
And you better believe I got them filed down to "sport length." Told the technician I was planning on getting into a barfight
drama!

UGH the day has not started off very well.

Got to work, on time for once, and the printer is STILL not working. And a certain manager has royally P'd me off this morning, TWICE!! He's so worthless it's not even funny.

I need a vacation.
Do you have a hammer close by? I have an EASY fix for the printer... and the manager!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Chapter 3 of " Being Forced to Help Get My Own Breakfast." The score is Gramdma 2, Grandson 1. I couldn't get him to get up this morning--he was really tired. Then I learned the clothes he had on were not what he was to wear to school--those clothes were in a bag. So I had to fix breakfast while he changed his clothes. I told him that on Monday he has to start getting up from his nap fifteen minutes earlier and be done eating at 8:30. (He arrives 6:30-6:45. School starts at 9:00.) Stay tuned for chapter four. LOL

Pam, wow! Wonderful that you enjoyed that CrossFit class so much! When I was six my Mom set the alarm and woke me up and then she went back to bed. So I had to get myself ready for school including fixing my own breakfast and get myself out the door to walk to school on time. Oh, you had a great Thursday report.

April and Pam, I got through menopause without hormone replacement therapy--I wasn't willing to risk the side effects. (Learned that hot flashes would not kill me, but the HRT could.) Soy and flaxmeal seemed to help with hot flashes as did getting off caffeine. But it was no picnic.

Mike, congrats on working up the budget. I'm going to help DD do that--she's lousy with managing her money. Told her my wallet is closed. Great Thursday report when you posted it. I hope you didn't have to revise it to reds. You need to teach your ghost to do more work around the house than closing and latching the dishwasher! LOL Wish I had one to teach to do laundry. I was not the least bit offended by the talk about guns and wouldn't judge anyone for having one. We have freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. I just choose not to own one myself. Aw, I hope DD quickly recovers from the ingrown toenail removal pain. I cracked up over your telling Cassie to get the funk out. Your double talker, you. LOL

mhibdon, great job eating clean!

Cassie, so sorry you're feeling poorly. I'll bet almost all of us have been there, done that when it comes to the "oh, well, I'm not logging anyway" attitude. Learner's permit! Another milestone! Congrats and have fun with that. In Ohio kids under 18 are required to take driver's ed in order to get their license. Is it that way in Georgia, too?

Tori, congrats on a fine calorie achievement day. So glad you are enjoying the ride. But then I saw your day is starting out sucky. Hope it gets "unsucked" ...or is that "DEsucked"?

Amy, your calorie deficit and exercise are wonderful. Treading water burns tons of calories, too! If I were you I wouldn't be very concerned about that little calorie overage.

Lizzie, OMG, your injury sounds painful! I wonder if you have a hairline fracture on your nose. I went for a week in bad pain after being hit in the nose by just a belt buckle when my son, then age 5, was spinning around. Of course they couldn't do anything for the fracture, but it had gotten infected so I was put on antibiotics and prescribed pain meds that helped a lot. Your holder sounds really great. By cell phone holder, I meant a stand for the top of my desk so I will always put it in the same place when I get home. I think it's cutsie.

Last edited by Mern; 01-06-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern, I can't wait for chapter 4! It's good that you said that your wallet is closed. My daughter is doing much better now that we removed the bandage and stuff.

My daughter is doing fine so I think I'm going to be lazy and lay down with Mytsie (aka Toodles) for a little bit. When I get up I think I'll take Chloe out to knock out a few miles. I just can't be gone for too long b/c I have someone coming to look at my home gym that I put on Craigslist! I was just about to relist it and lower the price.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Do you have a hammer close by? I have an EASY fix for the printer... and the manager!
Oh if only I could!!! Hammer the manager that is....He's seriously one of the laziest people I've ever met.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Why oh why am I even looking? I found a smoking LEGIT deal on a bike. 2011 GSX-R 750 BRAND NEW!!! Sticker price is $11,999. The cheapest that I've see one listed was $9,799. That was on ebay, from a dealer ON SALE with all rebates applied (believe me I've seen probably 500 of them in the past couple months). You can haggle on a bike (like a car) but when they mark them down a couple grand, that's as low as they go.

I stumbled upon this 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750 - Riverhead - Motorcycles and decided to call them. (Actually if you scroll down, you'll see what other dealers are selling them for)It's a dealership in NY. The lady that answered said it was $9,999 I told her what the ad read. She put me on hold, talks to the sales manager, comes back and said that it's the last one they have and they are trying to make room for the 2012. She said it's brand new, zero miles, has $1700 in upgrades (exhaust, tinted shield, solo seat cover). The upgrades would cost an additional $895 and she said the tag and title fee is $195. I'd do those upgrades anyway!

I'll probably never find another deal this sweet, I'm soooo tempted to just do it (as Nike says) BUT WHY DID I SIT DOWN AND MAKE A BUDGET??? If I thought that my GF could comfortably afford the new truck note I'd be all over it. The budget looks like she can. So ladies...??????

The only issue would be insurance, since my driving record has a big mark on it. I haven't even started prices insurance (and wouldn't though myself)

Wanna get pumped up?? Watch this.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-06-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

That's pretty cool though, free sweet rolls and chocolates???
And free tampons!

Did anybody catch the comedy the other night (can't remember the name of the show something about being dead broke), where the waitresses wage war on the owner of the diner because he raised the price of the tampon machine from $.25 to $.75? OMG, I laughed until I cried.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-06-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Haha, oh honey, why you trying to have all the fun?! C'mon, live a little! We all get one Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card in life, I just happen to have mine bookmarked for indecent exposure! Haha
LOL, just for future reference male cops typically do not throw women in jail for indecent exposure. Sure it's a crime and all, and you might get frisked and handcuffed, but not incarcerated. Of course you really don't need a cop to get frisked and handcuffed while being indecently exposed either. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.