Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
lol I guess proof reading would be a good thing Come to think about it if we let the hunters help the police hunt the gang members we might be on to something.

Your house scares me

Stop eating pb&j sammich's its to late at night for that!!
I worked a gang intervention program in Detroit for a while. Seriously, the cops sold guns to the gangs in hopes that they would wipe each other out. But it only made the cops jobs a ton more dangerous and the gangsters more cocky.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't realize the topic of guns would take off so well. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Amy, you've got a lit of red N's in a row. Get to crackin'

I took my DD to the podiatrist to finally have her ingrown toenail removed (yesterday) and she woke up at 5:30 this morning in bad pain. Looks like I'm going to have to give her her pain pill and stay home today so she's not alone.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
but I had a visitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went into the kitchen to make a PB&J sammich. I put my knife in the dishwasher and lifted the dishwasher door back up. I don't close it completely. I turn around and take a bite and I hear the dishwasher door close and latch behind me. The crazy thing is that to actually have it latch you have to close it firmly. You can't just swing it and have it latch. It takes a good bit of pressure to latch it. The odd part is that I didn't freak out. I turned back around and unlatched it and said "it's not full." and just walked off calmly back to my room. The feeling of peace that I have right now is amazing, I can not describe it.

To the newbies, I'm a prankster but I NEVER joke about the strange things that go on in my house.

Good night ladies, I hope things don't start to get crazy during the night.

Mike, that is soooo cool. I really don't know what I believe about paranormal events (keep in mind that I am a scientist; hypotheses,data, and proof are my stock and trade) but I have no doubt that these event occur. How very interesting that this all gave you a sense of peace.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Morning Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 3 L: 2.5, 3, 1.5, 3,.5,
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No,
4. Move: Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No,

Yesterday was horrendous and I have no one to blame but myself. BUT I did get my nails done with my mom! So that was nice and fantastic! PPD WILL BE HERE IN 4 HOURS. Oh sbj what?! I'm going to go work out all this anxiety.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Speaking of guns, we had a funny event at work yesterday. Towards the end of the day there was a very loud pop in the building. From my office it sounded like it came from the computer/server room. It didn't really sound like a gun shot, no broken glass or people screaming but it brought everyone out of their offices (I didn't know so many people were even in their offices). I said I thought maybe the computer room, but nothing seemed amiss there. About 10 min later the guy across the hall figured out that it was a tire on his bike! The funny thing was that he was sitting about 10 feet away from the bike when it happened but I guess his hearing is a little off, so he didn't associate the pop with anything in his office until he walked back in an noticed his tire was flat .
Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Friday Morning Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 3 L: 2.5, 3, 1.5, 3,.5,
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No,
4. Move: Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No,

Yesterday was horrendous and I have no one to blame but myself. BUT I did get my nails done with my mom! So that was nice and fantastic! PPD WILL BE HERE IN 4 HOURS. Oh sbj what?! I'm going to go work out all this anxiety.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hope you have a terrific weekend!! Have fun with PPD....don't do anything I would
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
OMG? Seriously? At one point in my life I worked in a bridal salon with 10 other women. Somehow or another AF visited us all on the same week, it was hell, but the manager put up a huge supply of free product in the bathroom and brought in sweet rolls for breakfast and chocolates for lunch.
That's pretty cool though, free sweet rolls and chocolates??? My ex roommates, me, and my cousin were all within a week of each other. It's amazing how you get a bunch of women together long enough that that will happen. I felt bad for our one male roommate, it was hell for him for like 2 weeks straight with all the PMS that was running around the house.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-06-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Ugh, I feel horrible this morning. Coming off of two long days at work, followed by 4-5 hours of writing at home each night. Yesterday we had an office lunch that was unexpected. Food was ethnic and hard to find to log, but with what I found, I'm sure I totally blew my plan. Which led to, oh, well, since I'm not logging, I might as well eat x,y, and z. When will I ever learn? Between a splitting headache and a queasy stomach, I'd love to crawl back into bed, but I promised the boy I would take him for his learner's permit today.

Might be time to add the "something wonderful" goal to my list; I'm slipping into a funk .

Will try to be more active here today; hope to read through y'all's antics and create some weekend goals for myself. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, get the funk out. hope you get to feeling better, maybe you just need a good jog or hike?

Pam, I don't know I'd you've read any of my other posts about it but it's been going on for a while. Everyone (but one) in the house has experienced something. The youngest complains about seeing shadows walk by during the night when she sleeps in the living room, another has felt fingers run across her forehead while taking a bath, has had the fog from the mirror wiped when taking a shower. We've have heard bedroom and closet doors shut (windows closed BTW). If heard voices during the night when I got up to eat (Mytsie was with me and freaked the F out). The dogs will both stare off in space (in the same direction) then start growling. Oh and the feeling that you're being watched, and not alone... when you are. Besides that everything seems to be normal.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hope you have a terrific weekend!! Have fun with PPD....don't do anything I would
You don't have to wore about that.

mh, you and yo mammy went and got y'alls nails did?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.