Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mern!

Hi Pam. I typed a whole paragraph and must have hit a wrong button-poof-gone. I'm still working as a trainer at Gold's and also splitting my time working as a paralegal in a firm I used to work in. I like splitting professions...both make me appreciate the other more. Eating has gotten sloppy, but I'm getting back on track (not so hard being compliant with exercise if you work at a gym).

How bout you? Anything new happening? Great to see familiar names...I am so impressed that you, Cassie, Quinn, Almeeker, & Mike are still going strong!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

ssiigghhh...I'm starting to hate working on Tuesdays. It seems if I have a bad day, that's the day it falls on. Again, it was an all day affair with wanting to strangle, mutilate and decapitate. But I squeaked by with only a few stern warnings and death looks. I'll post my progress a little later. Just had to get on here and get caught up with everybody.

Pam-Peeing guy is a friend of a friend, so it's unlikely that I'll run into him very often. Thank goodness for that!!!

Lizzie-Welcome back! We're a bit chatty as of late. I'm sure it won't take you too long to catch up....just a couple hundred pages or so.

Cassie-CuterNicer and I are just in the "getting to know you stage", and I'm okay with that. There seems to be potential, will have to wait and see. If only I could get him to talk. I'm a chatter box and he's a one word answer kind of guy. You know the type. You ask how his day went and all you get back is "fine." He said why should he talk when I do enough for both of us, and he's just fine with listening to me rattle on and on. SMH

Joanna-Welcome back to you too! Your resolution is pretty much the same as mine, just keep on keeping on. How was Florida??

Amy-I think I'd rather have Pee Shoes than Poop Boots, cause UUGGGHHH. Unfortunately I've had them for like, ever and can't find anything like them. I told one friend what happened and she said "OH NO! Not the really really really cute blue and brown ones?!?!?! You'll never be able to find something that comes close to those!" It takes a woman to understand. CuterNicer just laughed and got the death look. He quit laughing pretty quick! And while it will make a funny story for years to come, it still doesn't replace my shoes.

Mike-When is the 1/2 again? I know I'm not going to be able to make it for Marti Gras (GGGRRRR) but I may be able to make it down for the 1/2. I'm so jealous that the youngest of the chirrens got to go to the bowl game. I had to work and didn't even get to watch it on tv. So happy that Jefferies got the mvp, even if he did get ejected from the game. You're also not the only one with work computer problems. Mine locked up on me today while I was receiving a truck. Such a pain, and then my printer got all wonky. I emailed our helpless desk about it and there is the spot on the form that asks you to give a detailed description of the problem, I debated on whether to tell them it was all "wonky" or a POS.....I chose the former.

Terri-No thwapping, but a severe tongue lashing. I'm pretty sure that I made up a few new words too. I was trying so hard to make sense, and get the point across that peeing on shoes is NOT acceptable behavior for a grown man. I even pointed out that, even though we live in the south, and were in the middle of freaking nowhere, I was pretty sure that the party host had indoor plumbing. And not just one bathroom, but THREE!!! Hoping for good things for the BF's job prospects!!!

Darlene-How was your day of nothing? I was expecting to get one of those tomorrow, but now have to work. Wednesday is my regularly scheduled day off, and any time I have to go in, I'm all screwed up.

Will post progress on goals later. Going to get some exercise in....
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, FD was having some issues earlier, it's not you.

Tori, it's March 4th. I have a $15 coupon code if you register by 1/5/12. The code is RESOLVE.

It'll try to respond to everyone later? I'm on my phone right now.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Beth, it's good to see you back and over here with us. Good luck this week!
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

MH - When do you start your Tri-ath program?
Oh goodness! Haha, not until I finish my half-marathon in December! I was approached to work for the company by promoting them through using their gear while training and volunteering at local events- not to race for them!
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Amy - TOO CUTE those little bunnies. They seem to enjoy each other's company - is that typical? Or will they have their own hutches soon?
They stayed together in a small dog crate for about 10 days, and during that time they got along really well. I think especially so since I bought them both straight out of a nest box full of siblings, they probably did better together than they would have apart. But then the little Dutch started getting nippy with the Siamese, so we separated them. One is living in a cage somebody gave us and the other is still living in the dog crate. They can still see each other and chat. Female rabbits are very territorial, when you breed rabbits you actually have to put the female rabbit in the male's cage, otherwise she spends the whole time defending her territory and getting in the mood is out of the question.

I will be building cages this week, hopefully I can have at least two of the rabbits in new cages by the end of the weekend. My dad built great cages for our rabbits when I was a kid, he also taught me to use power tools.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-03-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

mh, what 1/2 are you doing???

Amy, what do you think tastes better, rabbit or rat?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Amy-I think I'd rather have Pee Shoes than Poop Boots, cause UUGGGHHH. Unfortunately I've had them for like, ever and can't find anything like them. I told one friend what happened and she said "OH NO! Not the really really really cute blue and brown ones?!?!?! You'll never be able to find something that comes close to those!" It takes a woman to understand. CuterNicer just laughed and got the death look. He quit laughing pretty quick! And while it will make a funny story for years to come, it still doesn't replace my shoes.
Um, poop boots are what you wear to the barn when you have to shovel shit.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Um, poop boots are what you wear to the barn when you have to shovel shit.
Like I said, I'd take the Pee Shoes, cause UUGGHHHHH!! LOL!! This girl don't shovel no shit.....
Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Like I said, I'd take the Pee Shoes, cause UUGGHHHHH!! LOL!! This girl don't shovel no shit.....
Well, except at work, sounds like!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.