Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Hello, Lisa; welcome to Fit Day!
msclark40; welcome to the group. Glad to have you both along and looking forward to getting to know you both!

If you want to add a picture, on the screen where you are typing your responses, scroll down and click on "manage attachments," then upload what you need. Some folks also just post links to their Photobucket or similar site.

You have two choices for a multiple-ingredient food. You can enter each individual food, or, if your ingredients are the same each time, you can create a custom food "salad" (for example) and then just select that food when you have it. To find the nutrition info for a custom food, you can do one of two things...you can go to a recipe builder site and load it in there and get the nutrition info, then log that into the custom food entry here, or you can go a few days ahead in FitDay, log all the ingredients, then take that nutrition info and load that into the custom food.

Clear as mud, right? If you have any other questions, just holler!

Mern, I think you may be thinking of Julia (BlackRhino)...her fiance's name is Lou and she's a grad student I believe. I don't remember them breaking up, but may have missed it...I surely hope not; she was sooo happy and such a sweetheart!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
mhibdon, aw, I'm glad it was the Triathalon work you applied for. If I eat around midnight Saturday night or in the wee hours Sunday before bed, I count it as Saturday. My day of counting starts when I get out of bed in the morning. Nice calorie count, though, even if you did miss eating clean. Congrats on the rest of your goals. Impressive jog, too! Question: maybe I have you mixed up with someone who used to post regularly earlier in 2011 but didn't have an avatar. She was a college student and I remember her saying she and her fiance (I think) broke up. Is your ex named Louie?
I was posting last year, but it was rough. My ex's name is Chris, and we were kind of engaged... but that lasted less than a month.

Does my avatar show up?!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

So, the holiday season has officially ended and I am happy to announce that I LOST WEIGHT!!!! In fact, 4 lbs this week, doubling what I wanted as my goal. And that's even with the stress a certain LCB added to me toward the end of the week. I ended the week with a calorie deficit of 7406, and I'LL TAKE IT!

NY's Eve went better than expected. Except for my peep toes. I may have to have a funeral and burn them. I've talked to Cuter-Nicer twice today. Once confirming my knowledge that there was no NY's kiss.....it was all the wild imagination of the party host. But there was flirting, lots of it. And the possibility of a future first kiss. Will keep you all posted on that as it progresses.

My goals for this week are simple

1--keep calories under 1400
2--work out at least 4 days
3--relax and enjoy the ride......
Old 01-01-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
mh--congrats on your calories and your 3.5 mile jog.

I on the other hand have been very lazy today. I sooo meant to get my workout in before the Falcons game, but the cat was all snuggly and I didn't. I have to start buckling back down tomorrow. It is Zumba night after all!
Thanks!

Sometimes, you just need to take a rest day. I use my rest days to evaluate where I am mentally, emotionally, and physically so that I can go into the next day fully charged and rearing to go! Also it gives me time to wrap and/or ice pesky things like ankles so PPD'll stop riding my case

I've heard such great things about Zumba! My sorority sisters are crazy about it!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Does my avatar show up?!

nope
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

We're horrible at actually doing Zumba, but we love it. It keeps us laughing. Even the instructor said that it's not so much about doing the moves right, it's more about just doing something to keep moving.

I've really got to get someone to explain all y'all's abbreviations for things....I get so confused sometimes.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome job Tori. Way to rock it.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

msclark, glad you joined our group.

Cassie, I do remember the names Black Rhino and Julia but I definitely remember the ex of the girl in question as Louie because we called my uncle Louis "Louie." Also, the girl I remember was younger than a grad student--she was like 19 or 20 last year and I'm pretty sure she was actually planning her wedding. May have already been living with Louie.

mhibdon, thanks for your reply. I do definitely have you mixed up with another girl because I'm positive the ex's name was Louie.

Tori! Major congrats on your 4 lb. loss! A funeral for the pee pee shoes. You crack me up! LOL Can't wait to hear what happens next with Cuter-Nicer. Ah, such nice, simple goals. I hope I can have goals like that some day...

Well, I'm going to go lick a tablespoon of peanut butter--sounds sensual for a 65 year old, doesn't it? Actually I do that to make the flavor last longer so it seems like I'm eating more. Then I'm going to go watch some TV before I go to bed.

Goodnight, everyone.

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I've really got to get someone to explain all y'all's abbreviations for things....I get so confused sometimes.
DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
PPD = Person I'm Potentially Dating
SO = Significant Other

Those are the major ones that I've seen...
Old 01-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
PPD = Person I'm Potentially Dating
SO = Significant Other

Those are the major ones that I've seen...
When my back is bothering me, my sciatic pain is in my left butt cheek. I call it a PITA (Pain In The A..)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.