Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

My brother calls me yesterday to tell me that when they came to check the internet it was working. They are supposed to be monitoring the router/modem every 10 minutes to locate the issue, which they are not. So basically they came out yesterday and left b/c it was working when they got there. My brother said that within 10 minutes of them leaving it went down again.

Today I go into the office, as soon as I log in, the internet drops. Once again I left work because I can not work without the internet. I can not run my business like this and being paid 100% commission is going to be difficult. I think if this continues I'm going to have to look towards another career path.

I am aggravated beyond belief right now. I'm probably going to stay away from here today so I don't drag everyone else down.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Light at the end of the tunnel...

My brother just called, he said that he just got off the phone with the internet company. He said that the woman told him that we were set on the "wrong switch" and that that was probably our issue all along. She corrected it over the phone. I sure hope this is it, but if it is... after 2 YEARS of calling on a regular basis about this issue and countless "techs" coming out, could it be that they had us setup wrong and nobody ever noticed it?

I hope this is a fix and that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train about to run my ass over!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Fingers crossed, Mike, so you don't have to open up a can of whoopin' on somebody!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Unexpectedly meeting a friend for Chinese in a half hour. Need to rework my plan for today. Rats.
Are rats the plan? So exactly how many calories are in the average rat? I've never eaten one, but if they prove satisfying and tasty, count me in. OMG I'm so hungry it's not even funny.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My brother just called, he said that he just got off the phone with the internet company. He said that the woman told him that we were set on the "wrong switch" and that that was probably our issue all along. She corrected it over the phone. I sure hope this is it, but if it is... after 2 YEARS of calling on a regular basis about this issue and countless "techs" coming out, could it be that they had us setup wrong and nobody ever noticed it?

I hope this is a fix and that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train about to run my ass over!
If that is the fix, I think you need to write these people a letter and make sure that lady is identified as an account saver. But seriously what a PITA.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

As promised, bunny pics. The one on the left is a blue Dutch doe and the one on the right is a Siamese Satin doe. In this pic they are both about 6 weeks old, it's funny how much bigger they are now at 8 weeks, especially the Siamese Satin. The Dutch belongs to our youngest, she named her Jingle Belle, the Siamese Satin belongs to our middle DD and she named her Noel. Very sweet.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...r/IMG_0326.jpg

Last edited by almeeker; 01-03-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mh You did help just by being a friend and she ate when you visited, you are right she will do what she wants all you can do is encourage her to take care of herself and the baby.

Mern I am glad you slept well I pray your back keeps feeling better I agree light exercise seems to help from getting too stiff just be careful not to overdo it. Maybe I need to by some flax seed my oil doesn’t sound as good as flax seed muffins. I have a lot of good for you foods that feel like cheating also I think once you take all the bad foods out you can appreciate healthy food more so I also hope hubby will find some healthy favorites, he does love nuts the only problem with them is you can blow your calories fast.

Lizzie Glad to see you back.

Cassie My hike was crowded with people acting on their resolutions I honestly do not think I have seen that many people on the trails since the middle of summer. It was a lovely day and the sun was shining we took a different trail it only added .7k but it had a long steep hill and my butt sure feels it this morning. I am taking it easy today don’t tell everyone but I am staying in my pj’s and playing video games today. I think it will be a good day to eat plates of veggies and get my raw food day in. Enjoy your lunch out with your friend.

Amy I have missed you and reading your posts. How was your Christmas? Were the bunnies a hit?(ok you answered this I will wait for the pics.) Rats yuck now I am not hungry. The bunnies are so cute awww.

Joanna 3lbs isn’t bad at all I am sure it will come off quickly once you are back in routine or at least that’s what I keep telling myself about my 4lbs.

Mike I hope your computer stay’s up and running and the light is truly light at the end of your tunnel.

Quinn I hope you enjoy your peace and quiet today.

Terri glad bf went in to see someone I really hope it’s good news! Glad to hear your scale is going down I haven’t been on mine today and I think I will stay off it until tomorrow. Have fun teaching your class I am sure you will do great.

I am going to be lazy today and I am kind of excited about the idea of doing nothing. I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by dar n; 01-03-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Terri: Thanks! I like to color code because I feel like it expresses my enthusiasm! Plus then I can always see where I’ve posted within all the chatter! :P Best wishes for the boyfriend!!

Joanna: You can do it! Routines are hard at first, but then it becomes a way of life

Cassie: Awww! Thanks! I’ve been on this road since I was 5, so I SHOULD be able to teach it by now! :P

Fit4luv: I had a really long and thought out response to your question, but then my internet ate it. I will try again when I'm not ready to devour my left arm.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

wow is FD locking up on everyone today? I'm at home on my big computer that I never have issues with but today I am with FD.

Amy, I may right a letter and tell them they she saved them from getting their ass kicked.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quick update on BF:

He called at around 2:00 to the store, as the manager hadn't called him yet. The manager told him that he was stuck there alone today and was too busy to "go over everything" and for BF to call back tomorrow. I am hoping that that is a good sign that they'll want to go over terms of employment?? Hopefully he's just not getting the runaround.

BF also got a call from a friend who worked at his now-closed shop -- he got a job up at a different tire company on the other side of town due to being friends with the manager. They are also apparently hiring, and his friend is confident that he could "get him in" due to being buddies with the manager there. So that's a nice secondary opportunity to have. Hopefully one of the two works out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.