Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi All,
I'm mostly caught up with everyone's lives but don't have a lot of time to respond, but it does sound like everyone has at least found the wagon, even if they haven't quite climbed on. My sister is visiting from OR, which means a little too much time around the dinner table, but lots of time outdoors.

Here is the tail for Tues:

Diet & Fitness:

1.) 1 liter of plain water everyday
M=Y, T=Y
2.) 1 serving (max) of either bread, potatoes, or rice a day
M=N (left over potatoes & stuffing) T=N (leftovers for lunch, home made pizza for dinner)
3.) Limit sweets M=Y (none), T=Y
4.) 1 outdoor activity every day M=Y, T=Y(sort of)
5.) Keep calories a maintenance level, or less M=N (a couple hundred over) T=Close
6.) Measure blood pressure daily M=N, T=N

Home and work
7.) Finish performance evaluation documents
M=N (tues), T=Y (not finished, but progress)
8.) Pay last remaining monthly bills
M=N (tues) T=Y
9.) Up date calendar and make sure all appointments are recorded correctly. M=Y (started), T=Y
10) Don't stress out over lots of company this week.
M=Y (picking up sister the afternoon), T=Y

Wed is looking much the same, but I will be able to limit the white stuff (does polenta count ) Hopefully catch up w/ more details later.

PS Mike, I have a wonderful silver Ford Ranger. For obvious reasons we call her Hiyo (as in Silver... away!)
I found the wagon, I'm holding on to the chains as it drags me over the hot coals. You're doing very good on your goals, but really? How long does it take to check your BP? Go knock that out. Do you have a BP issue?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: Last cheat day, 1/2 ABC Panini , Ate it
2. 3 L: 2, Yes, 1
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, No, Yes
4. Move: Yes, Yes, Never happened :’(

I am so frustrated. Was promised by 3 different people that they'd work out with me at varying points in the day, so I changed a total of EIGHT times, just for them to all cancel on me and by then the sun was long gone I've adjusted my training schedule to allow for today to be a rest day, and to make up my run on Saturday, but seriously people, arrrghhhh. LUKE SMASH ERRYTHANG (but not really because that is horrifically irresponsible)

Mike: I can’t bring Steg running anymore because his limp has resurfaced from playing with my parents’ puppy too much. And yes, the neighborhoods here (in North Charleston, my home-city) are not safe for a single, female to run alone. My parent's neighborhood is on "the good side of town" but even then it is just dumb to be alone when the sun isn't shining. :/
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon

I am so frustrated. Was promised by 3 different people that they'd work out with me at varying points in the day, so I changed a total of EIGHT times, just for them to all cancel on me and by then the sun was long gone I've adjusted my training schedule to allow for today to be a rest day, and to make up my run on Saturday, but seriously people, arrrghhhh. LUKE SMASH ERRYTHANG (but not really because that is horrifically irresponsible)

Mike: I can’t bring Steg running anymore because his limp has resurfaced from playing with my parents’ puppy too much. And yes, the neighborhoods here (in North Charleston, my home-city) are not safe for a single, female to run alone. My parent's neighborhood is on "the good side of town" but even then it is just dumb to be alone when the sun isn't shining. :/
Well you know of 3 people not to ask next time! Go running and if someone tries to mug you just tell them "Hey, I'm not single." the you should be good to go!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well you know of 3 people not to ask next time! Go running and if someone tries to mug you just tell them "Hey, I'm not single." the you should be good to go!

Most of the female runners that I know have taken to carrying mace or tazers while they run... or stick to just running with a couple of female friends or a large male friend.

My preferred exercise partners are retired army/marine men because they always have different tricks and don't mind spotting for a girl I tend to befriend the "Bubba" type
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Tori -- Hope internet connections improve for you - real soon!

Mike -- Thanks so much for your encouragement. I met with a dietician today.
In light of that, I'm changing my focus just a bit this week. I don't like to change in the "middle", but in the end it achieves the same goal of becoming more & more healthy. Like your truck, by the way!

Mern -- So nice to have encouragment from you. I'm changing some focus, but that's part of what I'm trying to be - flexible. Flexible as I learn more about me & more about what I need to do in order to become much healthier.

All others __ If I miss mentioning you, I'm sorry.

FIT Challenge ---

Focus: FUN - 1 non-food treat daily. Y,Y,Y

Intake: FOOD & FAT * Plate daily x4 -- Measure & Record

Train: FEET * Pedometer wkly -- STEPS 42,240 (20 mi) * AEROBIC 1' 40"
Week TOTAL = 10,471 STEPS *AEROBIC 1' 20"

Last edited by fit4luv; 12-28-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

I've read through everything, but I'll leave off responding until tomorrow. I'll need the extra time on the forums to remind me to behave--going out to eat TWICE, on top of having gone out today already. Egads!

BUT I have to say that I'm really proud of myself. I met up with an old friend and we went to eat at a little restaurant that I frequented quite a bit when I was in hs and that is always pretty central to reunions with friends. I usually get the same thing every time--Fried Tofu--and why not? It's delicious and vegan and a huge portion for a great price, and it's just become standard that if I go to this place, that is what I'll get, hunger level/caloric intake for the day be darned. Not today! I decided before I even left the house that I would have their steamed veggies with tofu--about half the size, no terribly caloric sauce, and doesn't come with rice. I even calculated what the calories would be and put them in my tracker before I went. And I stuck to the plan! Plus, it was a 5.6 mile walk round-trip, so I got a bit of extra exercise in there to boot. Let's just hope I can make equally good decisions tomorrow.

Today's wrap-up:
GOALS for the week:
1) 100+ oz of water (or tea) daily: 155!, 150
2) Gym Tues-Sat: Y, Y
3) 1200 calorie limit daily: 1064, 1210
4) 7000 calorie deficit this week: -1252, -1300 today/-2552 this week
5) Some kind of ab workout every day: Y, Y

Non-Weight-Goals
1) Pack most things BEFORE the weekend: not yet
2) Thorough clean of my room BEFORE the weekend: not yet
3) Spend time with a friend or family member every day before I leave: Y, Y
4) Read at least 50 pages daily. N, Y
Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Pam Enjoy the time with your sister.

Tori Glad to hear you had a productive day hope your internet fixes itself soon.

Mike Keep hangin on to that wagon you made me feel motivated today so give yourself some of those great words of wisdom you always have for us.

fit4luv Great job on your walking so far this week.

Mh Sorry your friends and your exercise partners let you down today I hope tomorrow is better!

Torre Good choices today eating out is always a challenge.

I managed to have a better day today ate raw all day so hopefully tomorrow this headache will pass. I got a short walk with the dog and added some weights into my squats I am still hoping for ok weather for my hike in the morning. Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=0, T=0, W= 2.7k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Walk
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y
Calories less than 1400 T-S: M=2104, T= 1589, W=1128
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -60, T= -431, W=-855
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days: W=Yes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Susie, I'm going to be getting a motorcycle.
HAHAHA! Just goes to show how we (I) tend to see the world through our own lenses!

May you have many safe and wild rides!

Susie
Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ....
1. 100oz water daily T: 104oz, W: 112oz,
2. Walk on lunch if possible T: Raining, W: Snowing...windy & 20*...No
3. Exercise 4 times Weds - Sun W: 1hr 3min, Th: 1hr 5min, Total time 2hr 8min
4. Lose 3 lbs this week -1.6lbs so far this week
5. Weigh and post it good or bad M: ???, T: 276.6, W: 275.2, Th: 275.0,

Life Goals ....
1. Do something for me every day T: Not really, W: Not really,
2. Clean fish tank (weekend)
3. Clean the house (weekend)
4. Hang wall border in son's room (weekend)

Yesterday was fairly good. Had a bit too much sodium at dinner due to pulled pork sandwiches but the rest of the day was good and I still managed a .2 loss this morning. I can definitely tell that I had taken too long away from exercise while sick and life was happening. I can feel it in my thighs today bad! But that's okay. I still did my full workout this morning. I started out thinking that I would cut the squats out but once I was going I couldn't bring myself to not to the full workout. Guess it's a good thing to have OCD about.

Darlene ... I love your New Year's party idea. I'm glad that the kids still come there! Much safer than being out & about on that night.....Glad to see you got a Green Day yesterday! I knew you could do it!

Pam ... Hope you are enjoying the visit with your sister.

MH ... Now you know who not to rely on the next time you want a workout partner.

Luv ... Flexible is good. What did your dietician say? (if you don't mind)

Torre ... You did awesome eating out yesterday and walking there and back had to be a plus too! Keep rocking it today!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone! I had withdrawals from you all...seriously! I had internet issues and we finally replaced the router...interference from on-line gaming, I suppose, but it was so frustrating to get and maintain a connection that I essentially gave up except for email. Not an excuse not to log, but I didn't, and consequently ate myself silly. At this point I have a horrible food hangover. It's so bad that I was glad to have a cancellation this morning so I don't have to put on my professional clothes, as I'm sure they'll be tight! As of midnight, though, all goodies will be gone, one way or another; my son has oral surgery tomorrow and won't be wanting anything solid for a few days. That leaves it for the adults, and goodness knows we don't need it!

I'll be back later to read through the thread and see how you all are doing. Have to catch up on some work administrivia, do a few reports, and take the boy for his sports physical today. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and is looking forward to a wonderful, fit 2012!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.