Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, we missed you too. Glad you are back!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

I ALMOST did all green yesterday--just forgot evening fish oil

Calorie limit 1600 1528, 1645, 1320
Carbs less fiber limit 25g per day 26.2g, calling it green at 25.2g, 21.3g
Fiber 25g per day 39g, 17g, 40g
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 206mg, 352mg, 91mg (AVERAGE 216mg)
Veggies 5 servings per day YES YES YES
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories per day 14%, 8%, 10%

Water 48 ounces per day YES YES YES
Vitamin D, fish oil, and green tea YES YES forgot evening fish oil
Exercise 5 days YES YES YES
Sugar free chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1, 0
Artificial sweetener 2 packets per day 0, went crazy at 8 or 9, 0

Something wonderful: 10 year old granddaughter straightened my living room and replished my ice water without even being asked.

Last edited by Mern; 12-29-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

I wasn't planning on strictly watching my diet this week, but you know what? I miss eating healthy! I've eaten pretty much everything over the past couple of weeks and nothing even looks tempting anymore. lol Still not getting on the scale until next week. I can tell by my clothes and just looking in the mirror that I'm up. It really doesn't bother me anymore because I guess I know what to do now. I've had my weight off for 2 years in March and I'm not willing to go back to my chubby clothes.

Darlene,
I was so glad that you mentioned headaches!! Since I've been eating junk, I've had terrible headaches everyday that don't respond to anything. I'm thinking my triggers are probably sugar, caffeine and other people's cologne. Hopefully all should diminish now. lol

Mern,
I stocked up on lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, broccoli and frozen blueberries, peaches and strawberries. I really like to add the frozen fruit to my oatmeal or steel cut oats during the last few minutes of cooking. I can't believe how much I've missed fruit! Congrats on the "all green" day!

Mike,
Not many sweets left to send your way. We went through a pecan pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie and 2 birthday cakes on top of 10-11 different types of cookies and pastries! Plus, we received 4 boxes of chocolates. (I don't think those have even been opened yet.) Still trying to get through about 4 lbs. of leftover ham and a huge bowl of scalloped potatoes. I'll probably freeze the ham today. Climb back on the wagon... I'll give your rear a shove and then I'm climbing back on myself! I've found that it feels much better on than off anyway. lol

Pam and April,
My hat's off to both of you for even attempting goals, let alone weight loss this week! Now that's determination! My goal for this week is to simply stop the slide, and work my way back to healthy eating. Yesterday was a huge improvement! Garbage day is tomorrow, so I'm cleaning out the fridge. Goodbye, Christmas! lol

Cassie,
Well, my dear, here we are again... I haven't logged anything for probably 2 weeks and boy, does it show! I have no planned events until February, so I'm sure that I can get my weight back down by then. My guess is my usual 5-7, but I'm not quite up to finding out quite yet. By the way my jeans fit, this could be my worse slip in a couple of years. It just goes to prove that when I let my 5 forbidden foods make up the majority of my daily calories, I will gain... and quickly!

Lots of paperwork to get done that I've neglected over the past week...

Enjoy your morning, all!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv
T

Mike -- Thanks so much for your encouragement. I met with a dietician today.
In light of that, I'm changing my focus just a bit this week. I don't like to change in the "middle", but in the end it achieves the same goal of becoming more & more healthy. Like your truck, by the way!
That's good to hear. Sometimes we have to adjust our goals.

Originally Posted by edahlt

BUT I have to say that I'm really proud of myself. I met up with an old friend and we went to eat at a little restaurant that I frequented quite a bit when I was in hs and that is always pretty central to reunions with friends. I usually get the same thing every time--Fried Tofu--and why not? It's delicious and vegan and a huge portion for a great price, and it's just become standard that if I go to this place, that is what I'll get, hunger level/caloric intake for the day be darned. Not today! I decided before I even left the house that I would have their steamed veggies with tofu--about half the size, no terribly caloric sauce, and doesn't come with rice. I even calculated what the calories would be and put them in my tracker before I went. And I stuck to the plan! Plus, it was a 5.6 mile walk round-trip, so I got a bit of extra exercise in there to boot. Let's just hope I can make equally good decisions tomorrow.

Today's wrap-up:
GOALS for the week:
1) 100+ oz of water (or tea) daily: 155!, 150
2) Gym Tues-Sat: Y, Y
3) 1200 calorie limit daily: 1064, 1210
4) 7000 calorie deficit this week: -1252, -1300 today/-2552 this week
5) Some kind of ab workout every day: Y, Y

Non-Weight-Goals
1) Pack most things BEFORE the weekend: not yet
2) Thorough clean of my room BEFORE the weekend: not yet
3) Spend time with a friend or family member every day before I leave: Y, Y
4) Read at least 50 pages daily. N, Y
Great job on the good food choices! The weekend is around the corner, better get busy cleaning and packing before time creeps up on you.

Originally Posted by dar n

Mike Keep hangin on to that wagon you made me feel motivated today so give yourself some of those great words of wisdom you always have for us.
I know I'm sometimes guilty of giving solid advice, but not following it. I need to get better at that. Thanks, I think I'm going to have a good and productive day today by doing what I know I should be doing!

Originally Posted by quietjoyful1
HAHAHA! Just goes to show how we (I) tend to see the world through our own lenses!

May you have many safe and wild rides!

Susie
I should clarify it better, you aren't the first to think that I was talking about a bicycle.

Originally Posted by Mern
I ALMOST did all green yesterday--just forgot evening fish oil

Calorie limit 1600 1528, 1645, 1320
Carbs less fiber limit 25g per day 26.2g, calling it green at 25.2g, 21.3g
Fiber 25g per day 39g, 17g, 40g
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 206mg, 352mg, 91mg (AVERAGE 216mg)
Veggies 5 servings per day YES YES YES
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories per day 14%, 8%, 10%

Water 48 ounces per day YES YES YES
Vitamin D, fish oil, and green tea YES YES forgot evening fish oil
Exercise 5 days YES YES YES
Sugar free chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1, 0
Artificial sweetener 2 packets per day 0, went crazy at 8 or 9, 0

Something wonderful: 10 year old granddaughter straightened my living room and replished my ice water without even being asked.
Mern, When I make goes to take my vitamin, fish oil, etc, I fill up a pill-minder for the week. Do you have one??

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Good Morning Everyone!

I wasn't planning on strictly watching my diet this week, but you know what? I miss eating healthy! I've eaten pretty much everything over the past couple of weeks and nothing even looks tempting anymore. lol Still not getting on the scale until next week. I can tell by my clothes and just looking in the mirror that I'm up. It really doesn't bother me anymore because I guess I know what to do now. I've had my weight off for 2 years in March and I'm not willing to go back to my chubby clothes.

Mike,
Not many sweets left to send your way. We went through a pecan pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie and 2 birthday cakes on top of 10-11 different types of cookies and pastries! Plus, we received 4 boxes of chocolates. (I don't think those have even been opened yet.) Still trying to get through about 4 lbs. of leftover ham and a huge bowl of scalloped potatoes. I'll probably freeze the ham today. Climb back on the wagon... I'll give your rear a shove and then I'm climbing back on myself! I've found that it feels much better on than off anyway. lol
I get this feeling on my tongue when I'm not eating clean. Its hard to describe but it's almost like my mouth feels greasy, I know it's crazy. I've eaten everything everything in site too. Quinn, you and I are going to turn it around TODAY! Oh wait, you still have 4 boxes of chocolate that hasn't been opened... but don't have enough sweets to send my way??? No stashing the junk! Send it now or get rid of it.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, fantastic job this week on your your goals--both health/fitness AND home/life. Such a great feeling to be caught up on duties!

Cassie, best wishes to DS on his oral surgery. Hoping he bounces back very quickly. So glad you got your router replaced so you could join us again. You have a lot of company with going nuts on food and a couple others of us mentioned feeling bad because of it. Maybe by tomorrow you can feel less bloated if you have any excess sodium you can wash away with extra water today. Great that all the goodies will be out of the house. I'm also glad you just have "admistrivia" to catch up on. Glad you had a nice Christmas. I had a lovely, quiet Christmas and am soooooo looking forward to a more fit new year.

Darlene, that's great that you're such a veggie lover, too. I try to get in five servings of veggies per day. So far this week breakfast each day has been an omelet containing two servings of veggies. Local produce is fantastic--glad you found the blueberries and raspberries. I think my GD got packrat genes from my husband. LOL Birthday is a great day for an event goal. What day in March is your birthday?

Pam, wishing you a great visit with your sister. The carbs are hard to control when we have holiday leftovers. You're doing great under the circumstances. I know what polenta is, but have never eaten it. I don't know if it counts as white food. But your smart enough to make your own decision on that--just do what you think is good for you personally. I always go back to my doc's advice--we don't have to be perfect, just better than we USED to be.

Mike, "I found the wagon, I'm holding on to the chains as it drags me over the hot coals" is not a pretty picture. Oh, no! Come on grab one of our hands and hop on with us. If that fails, I can always drag out my dominatrix whip again. It's your call! Come on, we know you can do it. Thanks, I do have a pill minder box, but I keep it on the kitchen table and forget it's there in the evening. I'll load up just my smaller one with just my evening fish oil and put it by the computer in the living room. That ought to work.

Last edited by Mern; 12-29-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Man, what a yacky bunch of people--myself excluded, of course.

mhibdon, congrats on your eating clean and taking vitamins. So sorry your working out with others didn't happen.

fit4luv, flexibility is key and you are so right that you have to learn more about what YOU need to do in order to become much healthier. Too bad there's no one size fits all way to do that. But I know you have the right stuff and you will succeed.

Torre, WOW! Fantastic job at the restaurant plus walking to and from! I'd put that 1210 in green rather than red. Come on--give yourself a well-deserved break. It's too close to flag as a miss! When I do that I post "calling it green at..." Fantastic job all week so far!

Darlene, I hope your headache is gone by now! Congrats on your eating raw as you intended and getting in that exercise.

Mike: "I'm going to have a good and productive day today by doing what I know I should be doing!" We're gonna hold you to that promise! Tongues are weird--just because someone else's tongue doesn't feel "greasy" when not eating clean doesn't mean you're crazy. I get a really sharp pain in my tongue when I sneeze and looked all over the Internet to see what it could be and can't find a trace of that problem anywhere. Keep away from chocolates! LOL

Susie, it wasn't long ago that I misunderstood a post--and I got a good chuckle, too, when I got a clarification. LOL

April, three pounds loss per week is tough for most of us. Hey, your scale numbers are going down steadily. Congrats on that no matter what color you post them in, girl! Mmmmmm, I LOVE pulled pork but haven't had it for a while. I can make mine low carb and eat it on half a low carb tortilla. Thanks for the yummy idea. Funny you mentioned that--my thighs have been hurting and I think it was from slacking on exercise. I noticed yesterday the squats and knee lifts in my aerobic walking DVD have been making me feel much more comfortable when walking.

Quinn, great testimonial for eating healthy! Wow, congrats on going on two years of maintaining! Yep, you know what to do and how to do it, so no need to fret over holiday eating. Oh, yum! Your fruits and veggies purchases made my mouth water. I love frozen fruit or fresh peaches or strawberries in my faux oatmeal which is a combo of flaxmeal, low carb protein powder, and water that cook in the microwave. Thanks for your congrats on my ALMOST all green day. I later corrected the "all green" when I realized I had forgotten my evening fish oil. But I'm keeping the congrats anyway.

Last edited by Mern; 12-29-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

We had round 2 of Christmas last night plus birthdays. DH was on the 26th and DS was on the 21st. Lots of fun, but maybe a little too much wine .

Diet & Fitness:

1.) 1 liter of plain water everyday
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
2.) 1 serving (max) of either bread, potatoes, or rice a day
M=N (left over potatoes & stuffing) T=N (leftovers for lunch, home made pizza for dinner), W=Y
3.) Limit sweets M=Y (none), T=Y, W=Y (1 small crème brulee)
4.) 1 outdoor activity every day M=Y, T=Y(sort of), W=Y (8 mile hike)
5.) Keep calories a maintenance level, or less M=N (a couple hundred over) T=Close, W=close
6.) Measure blood pressure daily M=N, T=N, W=N

Home and work
7.) Finish performance evaluation documents
M=N (tues), T=Y (not finished, but progress), W=N
8.) Pay last remaining monthly bills
M=N (tues) T=Y done
9.) Up date calendar and make sure all appointments are recorded correctly. M=Y (started), T=Y, W=done
10) Don't stress out over lots of company this week.
M=Y (picking up sister the afternoon), T=Y, W=Y not sure why I was stressing earlier???

Mike the deal with the blood pressure is that I have really bad "white coat high blood pressure" and big swings in blood pressure over the course of the day. So trying to get my basal blood pressure is tricky. Most of time it is well into the healthy range, but get me in a Dr's office, or measure it after a stressful day at work and it is off the charts

I have an ongoing "conversation" with my Dr about BP. My HMO is big into controlling BP and cholesterol as it is one of the best preventions for future health issues. Unfortunetely they generally prefer to dole out drugs rather than working on lifestyle. As Mern can attest, while drug treatments are sometimes ness, they are best avoided.

My MD wants me to come into the hospital every couple of weeks for a nurse to check my BP - which never works. I have been in the habit of recording it at home on a regular basis, but can't seem to get back in the habit because it is best done in the morning after sitting still of 10 or 15 minutes - something I have a hard time doing, particularly in the mt house . Anyway, putting it on my goals list is a daily reminder, even if I don't get around to it... I will at some point.

Quinn, I love your avatar too. We are on the same calendar with our weight loss victories. My 2 year anniversary will be in April. We have shared many of the same ups and downs, wins and losses and I have always appreciated your comments and common sense.
Cassie, I am having a hard time checking too, but I know you will be back in your leadership role here soon.
Darlene, good luck finding a new date for setting your goals. A birthday seems like a great date for you next goal.
fit4luv, tell us about your dietician appt. We'd be interested in what you learned.
Tori - well done girl!
April, good job on not only maintaining, but losing. I think you are, indeed, a great role model for your weight loss group at work.
Hey Mern, have you gotten back to your walking routine? I know you posted it as something you were about to do. But was sure about the follow-thru.
quietjoyful1, I can't recall all of your history, but is it likely that you will be able to get back to your bike anytime soon?
edahlt, using FitDay to plan the day's foods is something that took me a while to learn, but it is really a super tool for doing just that.

I am sure I have left someone out, but we are such a chatty group...

Off for an adventure to the little Eastern Sierra towns and museum.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn ... I have to do goals this week and get back on track. The past month has been all over the place. Mostly I stayed about the same weight or even lost a pound or so but then during last week I gained like 5-6 lbs. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it without much regard for my plan. New Years really isnt' that big of a holiday for us so it makes sense to get right back at it now. No waiting for NY resolutions for me.

Mern ... I wish I could have stopped at half a tortilla worth of pulled pork but it wasn't so last night. I will have to correct my weights to green tomorrow when I update. I have no idea why I put them in red ... I am going for three pounds this week because I haven't worked out in 3 weeks so getting back into that and combatting the sodium weight I should be able to knock that out.

Pam ... Thank you for your comment on my weight loss group at work. I really hope that they do it again this year. They record but don't announce how many pounds each person loses. The only records posted are how much percent of your weight you lost. I believe it lasted for 8 weeks last year starting on Feb 21st. That will be my 1 yr mark for being on my weight loss journey. I hope to maybe be able to say I lost 70 lbs in that year. That would be another 10 once I get back to where I was earlier this month....Did you see my concern about having the ladies at work join FitDay though?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

April I worry a lot about young people and some of the choices they make (my youngest especially) so my hubby always encouraged me to keep mine and the whole neighborhoods close to home. The choice has honestly been a lot of fun and it’s stretched me as a parent and gave some of them a safe place to land when they needed it. Thanks for the kind words on my day yesterday its strange how hard it is to get back on track I know I will feel better if I do it but I can’t stop thinking about the left over fudge. I am glad to hear your scale is going in the right direction again, exercise ocd can only be a positive I would think lol. I read your post about work nice that they see you as a motivating factor in their lifes but I agree I would struggle with sharing this site with coworkers also.

Cassie Good to hear you got a new router I totally understand sharing your internet with gamers I always loss. I assume your son’s having his wisdom teeth removed? I hope it goes well and he recovers quickly. My food hangover has taken two day to recover from it’s crazy what sugar and high fat foods can do to our systems I hope yours passes soon.

Mern Great day for you! Enjoy your clean living room, how nice that your gd just jumped in to help.

Quinn I find my headaches are definitely sugar related which was my biggest cheat over the holidays chocolates, tarts and candy did my head and scale in. I also noticed this time that my tummy struggled with some of the high fat foods like sausage rolls and eggs & bacon which I don’t ever eat anymore so I certainly learned a few “don’t do it” lessons this holiday. My body agree’s with being done with crappy food and wanting to get back on track but yet my head is still thinking about the left over treats..

Mike I hope you are having a great day and Quinn is not going to give you chocolates your back on the wagon again Mern was helping you get on it one way or another.

Mern It’s march 28th I am going to add an extra 5lb to lose and extend the goal until then it’s still a really doable goal. I never think of adding veggies to my breakfast I may try it I am starting to get bored with my yogurt and bran every day. My hubby has the packrat gene also, he hates to throw out anything that may possibly have a use in the future and boy can he be creative when trying to tell me why something is useful when it’s really just garbage. My headache is better but still present but I am on day 2 of raw foods so today's pain could be from detoxing all the sugars and other garbage from my body.

Pam To much wine is their such a thing I normally describe that as a great time with friends/family. Have a great time out today I love site seeing I hope the weather cooperates with you.

Well I have caught up on all the posts its great to see that everyone is back on the wagon and well on the way to losses again. I am off for my hike it poured rain this morning but seems to have stopped for now hopefully it will stay dry for the next couple hours. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by dar n; 12-29-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I get this feeling on my tongue when I'm not eating clean. Its hard to describe but it's almost like my mouth feels greasy, I know it's crazy. I've eaten everything everything in site too. Quinn, you and I are going to turn it around TODAY! Oh wait, you still have 4 boxes of chocolate that hasn't been opened... but don't have enough sweets to send my way??? No stashing the junk! Send it now or get rid of it.
You can have all of the chocolates! I've had terrible headaches for two straight weeks. (I have another one today. ) I snuck into some bite-sized Snicker bars last night and woke up with my head splitting. I've been like that my whole life when I take in big amounts of sugar. I was glad to hear that Darlene has the same issue because I always thought that it was just me. When I was a kid, Halloween made me really sick. So, the chocolates are all yours... all 7 lbs.!!!

I know exactly what you're talking about with the greasy feeling. I'm the same way. There are certain foods now that I can't stand how they feel... or leave me feeling afterwards! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.