Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-30-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey watch it, I can't handle all that on my shoulders. You know I have a bad back. Post up pics of the socks.
Hahaha! I'm trying to figure out mittens, but I suppose you could wear them on your feet! lol
Old 12-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Are we all ready for the tidal wave of people new to Fitday that will show up January 2nd? lol
Yep, they'll probably be showing up Monday. I think we should adopt them and help them along. I'll take on the first person that shows up with a username or real name that starts with the letter E. How about you?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, they'll probably be showing up Monday. I think we should adopt them and help them along. I'll take on the first person that shows up with a username or real name that starts with the letter E. How about you?
Ok... I'll take x. lol
Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ok... I'll take x. lol
You can do better than that!

BTW this morning I was 186.4 Can you carry me on your shoulders?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, that is one sexy truck your girlfriend got! I'm so glad she liked the ring, also.

mh, did I miss you posting pics? I'm so glad you're enjoying your sweet revenge. Congrats on being able to feel like you're rockin' it so soon after the holiday. Hope you're enjoying your break...and WTG on the triathlon job!

April, sorry the weather hasn't been too good for walking at lunch. Enjoy your wrap; sounds delicious and also not catastrophic because you have a good plan in place. Hope you and your family and the pups enjoyed the holiday. It sucks having to switch dentists; do you like the new one? I'm sure your boys will make out all right with their teeth when it's time...it's so common. In retrospect, we probably should have had them all done today, but they're not anywhere near the surface yet, so I figured if we gave it a few years, there might be less cutting involved. I'm sorry I didn't respond to a question earlier in the week, yes, they can get their learner's permits the day they turn 15 here, but regardless of when they get it, they have to have it for a year and a day before the official license, and there are all sorts of restrictions and gradations up to that, as well as for a year or two after. Plus they have to have satisfactory school attendance. And mom needs tranquilizers, stat!

Quinn...did your focaccia on Christmas Eve; it was wonderful (and addictive). Fortunately it was one thing that was gone the next day . Thanks for the recipe!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

You can do better than that!

BTW this morning I was 186.4 Can you carry me on your shoulders?
How much cake is left?? You better send it to me just to be safe!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Got my exercise done and haven't eaten since breakfast, so I can have a really great on-plan dinner when we go out to eat tonight to a home cooking type restaurant that actually has a low carb menu.

Darlene, sweetie, I know how disappointing those plateaus are and it's so hard to stay motivated when that happens, but the scale will start moving eventually. You already know what I'm gonna say: sometimes our body needs needs time to adjust to its new weight before allowing us to lose more weight. Yeah, I know all the stuff to say, but when it happens to me despite all the stuff I do to get my scale to move (drinking more water, lowering carbs or calories, watching sodium, being sure to exercise, etc., etc., etc., etc...) and it STILL doesn't move I get sad, too. Be assured we're all here rooting you on and we'll be cheering when your scale moves downward again. So happy to hear that your headache is gone--finally! Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your drive to Victoria! Do you golf, too?

April, geesh, you turned down my generous offer of "donating" our broken stuff to your son! LOL We are fortunate to live in a township where we have a free junk collection twice a year--we just need to haul it there ourselves and the recycling proceeds go into the township general fund. But DH is always reluctant to part with stuff.

mhibdon, nice! What would your duties with the Triathalon company be?

Cassie, yeah, I was just teasing about the whip, but maybe Mike IS into that sort of thing. LOL I'm so glad you and I are back on the wagon together, too. I hear "the wiz" is what's on an authentic Philly Cheesesteak, but to me that cheese overpowers the taste of the steak. Cheesesteaks aren't available in the south? Biscuits and gravy are a staple where I live--just across the border from Kentucky, but my cousin in Denver said you can't get that there. Belated happy anniversary wishes--wishing you and DH a long lifetime of happiness together. "Anniversary now legal to drink " Hee Hee Hee Wow, glad the boy's molar wasn't fused to a wisdom tooth! I hope his recovery is a very comfortable one.

Last edited by Mern; 12-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

Glad you liked it! We used to make flavored olive oil dipping oils to soak it in, as if the bread wasn't enough. It is very addictive!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, Thanks. Yeah I think the ring was a bigger hit than the dryer would have been.

Quinn, There's not much left. The chirrens have been destroying it.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

I hate to wish ill on anyone, but I will only say that I hope some of our "dearly departed" come back for a bit; recently Terri, Rose, MAIN80, Ann, Tanya, Bindi, Amy, Lizzie but also some of the long-timers from months ago, Beth, Lizzycritter, StaceyAlberta; everyone adds to the discussion and I wonder how folks are doing! I'm sure there are a bunch more, but gotta run and find more soft food!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.