Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

MIKE!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, have a great time with the grandkids. I've got a 7 year old grandson who likes only fast food and junk. Drives me nuts to try to get him to eat healthful stuff. Well, adjust your weight in your signature and just look on the new year as that new start many of us welcome.

Quinn, I have to go pick up my granddaughter. You can borrow my whip if you need to get on Mike. It'll save you from hurting your back. LOL
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
OMG... I laughed so hard when I read that!! No, Mister... you're climbing back on the wagon with me! I just took the last of the Christmas leftovers to the street for the garbage man to pick up in the morning.

Start logging in the morning, even if your food choices aren't the greatest... that's what I did. Once I started logging again, I stopped picking all day long.

Don't make me come down there and lift you on... you know how my back is!
Okay... I came home to a King Cake on the counter waiting for me. I guess Mardi Gras is closer than I thought. On a plus side, I've already been to the gym 3 times this week.

Originally Posted by Mern
MIKE!

I'm nervous now.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

I had gotten in the really bad habit of "grazing" all day long over the holidays, grabbing something to eat every time I walked by the kitchen. So, to break that habit, I had to get my mind and hands doing something else. So, I taught myself how to knit with double pointed needles, 4 at a time, yesterday. lol I have knit since I was a kid with regular needles, but I've always wanted to learn how to use the double ones. It took me a few hours, but I have it figured out. Now, when I watch tv at night, I have something to do besides eat. You can't eat when you're doing any kind of needle work anyway, or you'll get food on your project, so it worked out pretty well. That was all I needed to "reprogram" my brain away from food.

Last winter when I wanted to eat, I set up a jigsaw puzzle and would work on that instead. I guess I'm the type of person that has to be doing something all of the time... lately, that's been munching on cookies and pie.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm nervous now.
You should be.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, sounds like you found a good way to occupy yourself. Oh any personal trainer lessons yet?

mh, hush your mouf
Old 12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, sounds like you found a good way to occupy yourself. Oh any personal trainer lessons yet?

mh, hush your mouf
No, but that would certainly be another excellent way to occupy time!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn: I love your icon.

Mike: Homeboy, betta check yo'self before you wreck yo'self
Old 12-29-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

So, my connection is back up and running right.....finally. But if it's not one thing it's another. I'm still on track food wise, hitting my calories every day, which is great. Home stuff is good, cleaning/laundry/closet wise.....it's the Life stuff that's getting me down. Just when you think you're rid of something, it comes creeping back up on you. I've had a really rough week at work, with some stupid loudmouth jackA truck drivers, and now this. Just not real sure how to handle it......also don't want to dump this on you guys, so I'll probably indulge in a little bit of AlcoholTherapy to bring in the New Year......not that that is a smart thing to do for my calories....SIGH!!!

catch you guys on the flip side
Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

I ain't wreckin' nuttin'. I gots this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.