Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Pam ... Thank you for your comment on my weight loss group at work. I really hope that they do it again this year. They record but don't announce how many pounds each person loses. The only records posted are how much percent of your weight you lost. I believe it lasted for 8 weeks last year starting on Feb 21st. That will be my 1 yr mark for being on my weight loss journey. I hope to maybe be able to say I lost 70 lbs in that year. That would be another 10 once I get back to where I was earlier this month....Did you see my concern about having the ladies at work join FitDay though?
Yup,sure did and I totally get your point. Use your best judgement. I think you mentioned that these weren't exactly close friends, so I think you are wise to "keep your cards close to the vest".

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The absolute best way to move on from an ex is to look better, feel better and live better than you did with them... it drives them insane! Congrats! You deserve that victory dance!
AMEN sister!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, you're leaving me behind. I'm still not doing well, still not logging. Are you sure you don't want to screw off with me for a few more days? J/K
Yikes, Mike... Quinn is a married woman. I don't think she is available to screw with anyone but her husband

Originally Posted by Mern
MIKE!

hahahahaha!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, my connection is back up and running right.....finally. But if it's not one thing it's another. I'm still on track food wise, hitting my calories every day, which is great. Home stuff is good, cleaning/laundry/closet wise.....it's the Life stuff that's getting me down. Just when you think you're rid of something, it comes creeping back up on you. I've had a really rough week at work, with some stupid loudmouth jackA truck drivers, and now this. Just not real sure how to handle it......also don't want to dump this on you guys, so I'll probably indulge in a little bit of AlcoholTherapy to bring in the New Year......not that that is a smart thing to do for my calories....SIGH!!!

catch you guys on the flip side

UMMM, take it from me... watch the alcohol therapy, it can lead to all sorts of other (rather unpleasant) therapies. So go ahead and dump girl.

Fun day with DS. If you are interested in WWII history and internment camps google "Manzanar internment camp" it'll make you a bit concerned about exactly how solid your civil rights really are.

Off to a dinner of too many carbs. But at least the bread is homemade .
Old 12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Pam, I said screw OFF with, not screw AROUND with. Besides, I'm not into getting shot.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
UMMM, take it from me... watch the alcohol therapy, it can lead to all sorts of other (rather unpleasant) therapies. So go ahead and dump girl.

I don't go stupid crazy with the alcohol therapy....I haven't even HAD a drink since my birthday in October. And I know it's not the answer to my problem.....not answering the phone when a certain man calls is the answer to my problem. But that was my fault. I knew better. Dammit, I knew better, but I answered anyway. He will always be my achilles heel. So, technically I have no one to blame but myself. I'll stew for a little while, go shopping to try and make myself feel better, maybe have a few shots to bring in the new year, and then I'll move on. It's a vicious cycle.

Thanks for allowing me to dump (now, THAT sounds weird)
Old 12-29-2011, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Pam, I said screw OFF with, not screw AROUND with. Besides, I'm not into getting shot.
Hahaha... I knew what he meant. He's like a little brother that I want to slap on the side of the head sometimes... just for fun of course. He's a good sport when I give him a hard time. lol But seriously, I will kick your butt if you don't climb back on that wagon! I may be little, but I'm feisty! (And I hear Mern is pretty darn accurate with that whip! lol)
Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I don't go stupid crazy with the alcohol therapy....I haven't even HAD a drink since my birthday in October. And I know it's not the answer to my problem.....not answering the phone when a certain man calls is the answer to my problem. But that was my fault. I knew better. Dammit, I knew better, but I answered anyway. He will always be my achilles heel. So, technically I have no one to blame but myself. I'll stew for a little while, go shopping to try and make myself feel better, maybe have a few shots to bring in the new year, and then I'll move on. It's a vicious cycle.

Thanks for allowing me to dump (now, THAT sounds weird)
If you ever feel the need to dump, lol, and don't feel like putting it out there for all to see, feel free to PM any one of us. A lot of us "old ladies" have been there and done that with most situations and we'll be glad to give you unbiased, unvarnished advice (...or none at all, if you just want to unload. )
Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

If you ever feel the need to dump, lol, and don't feel like putting it out there for all to see, feel free to PM any one of us. A lot of us "old ladies" have been there and done that with most situations and we'll be glad to give you unbiased, unvarnished advice (...or none at all, if you just want to unload. )
I don't mind putting it all out there, I just try not to drag anyone else down with me.

Like I said, it's my own fault for answering the phone. I didn't know the exact number that was calling but I know only one person with that particular area code. He's got a bad habit of calling while he's at work, and they have rolling phone lines, so you never really know which one it will be. I haven't even thought about him the past couple of months. It's been nice to actually focus on me for once, and then out of the blue he calls today. And it's always the same thing...."I miss you" or "Why can't we just make this work?" And it kills me, because it's all the same things I think, when I do allow myself to think about him.

Furthermore, Mike--directing this at you big guy--do men have this sixth sense that tells them when their ex is being flirted with by someone else? Because I SWEAR, that's usually when he calls or texts me. It's uncanny.

It's just frustrating, cause I know better. And I know it's not worth me fretting over, yet here I sit, fretting away. At least I haven't cried this time......there may be hope for me yet. Thanks for allowing me to "dump".
Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Motivation Fitness Training - ADAMwontLOSE (Part 3) - YouTube

This video inspires me a lot. MUST WATCH if you ask me.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Mh Go you! Enjoy your victory dance you earned it.

Mern Thanks for the gentle hug I am starting to feel a bit better this evening so hopefully tomorrow the headache will be gone. Lol with my hubby it is computer and electronics our son took things apart only because dad saved them so he could do so, know he’s an adult he will tell you it’s way too much work to fix things have you ever seen all the parts in their just go buy a new one, I think hubby’s plan backfired. I did get a hike in but not as long as I had hoped it started to pour rain so we cut a couple k’s out, but it was nice to get back to some sort of exercise. Getting 10miles a week in is an excellent walking routine what is walking for abs do you use weights?

Mary Enjoy your grandkids how awesome that you get to spend so much time with them. I am working my butt of so that my weight sig will still be accurate on the 1st I don’t want to increase it because of Christmas goodies but I agree better to start the year off honestly.

Quinn Glad you are logging again and I am sure you will have healthy calories very soon, you are a pro after all. Knitting that’s cool I can’t believe you taught yourself in a couple of hours I am impressed. I have never heard of double pointed needles so I googled and boy it doesn’t look easy, what are you going to make?

Mike Good job on the gym visits! Now just stop eating cake!

Tori Glad your connection is up and running. I hope your stress works itself out if you need to vent you should we have all done it at times and it helps to be heard so never worry about bringing us down. Oh man trouble darn men!

Pam I am happy to hear you enjoyed your day with your sister.

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=0, T=0, W= 2.7k, T=7k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Walk, T=Hike
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400 T-S: M=2104, T= 1589, W=1128, T=1160
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -60, T= -431, W=-855, T=-1012
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days: W=Yes, T= Yes except 4oz baked salmon with dinner
Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Hahaha... I knew what he meant. He's like a little brother that I want to slap on the side of the head sometimes... just for fun of course. He's a good sport when I give him a hard time. lol But seriously, I will kick your butt if you don't climb back on that wagon! I may be little, but I'm feisty! (And I hear Mern is pretty darn accurate with that whip! lol)
Ouch.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

My calories were low yesterday only because what I ate just happened to be low calorie stuff--not chosen for low calories. I had plenty to eat. Weighed this morning and was really happy that I've lost 3 lbs. of my 5 1/2 lb. holiday weight gain from Thanksgiving until Christmas. Scale said that yesterday, but I wanted to be sure it stuck before I officially recorded it.

Calorie limit 1600 1528, 1645, 1320, 1066
Carbs less fiber limit 25g per day 26.2g, calling it green at 25.2g, 21.3g, 24.9g
Fiber 25g per day 39g, 17g, 40g, 25g
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 206mg, 352mg, 91mg (AVERAGE 216mg), 80mg
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories per day 14%, 8%, 10%, 9%
Veggies 5 servings per day YES YES YES YES
Water 48 ounces per day YES YES YES NO
Vitamin D, fish oil, and green tea YES YES forgot evening fish oil, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, Scheduled Day Off
Sugar free chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1, 0, 2
Artificial sweetener 2 packets per day 0, went crazy at 8 or 9, 0, 3

Last edited by Mern; 12-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.