Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
ex = drama. You know this, we all know this. Frankly this is how I see that situation playing out. You go out, your ex will show up with the new girl. Things will be awkward... at best and could possibly turn into some drama. You're going to get pissed and head back for the night where you'll spend the rest of the night eating, and eating, and eating. Before you know it you'll be some consumed with grief from eating, and eating, and eating so much that you'll have to eat some more... just for the comfort of it. You'll lose focus, drop out of school and just eat some more. Before you know it you'll be as big as a house and you're ex's new women will be the hottest thing around. You'll feel so humiliated that you'll load up Steg and skip town. You'll end up under a bridge with Cassie and Quinn, but they will kick you to the curb b/c you brought Steg instead of 50 cats. I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it. Anyone else unfolding EXACTLY like this?
Bahahaha! Yet there are some true points there. I vote stay home, get a good sleep, train hard, find out where the hot bartender has gone to and resume your stalking at a different location.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by behaze
Bahahaha! Yet there are some true points there. I vote stay home, get a good sleep, train hard, find out where the hot bartender has gone to and resume your stalking at a different location.
Well said, do the stalking at a different location.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Crushed. Today is my weigh-in day and I gained 100g, which is about 3.5oz.

My boy is putting on Wii Fit so that's our play time and I'll do a bit of exercise, too . . . I'll count this as 'bonus', not as part of my goals.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Mary 30 or 35 lbs are both awesome numbers congratulations.

Mh I think passing your tests is more important than some calories also. I agree with Bindi on the drama solution.

Pam my tea was coffee at 11 with one friend tea and snacks with another at 1 and the 3rd was at 3 so needless to say I am done with hot liquids today. but all three were great visits and I enjoyed my day very much. I like your new avatar pic. I hope you enjoy getting your tasks done tonight and they keep you from food trouble.

I am not getting tp the gym again ugggghhhh. Its already 615 and I still need to go to the bank, the grocery store and pick up my dd prescriptions I guess I need to move my bottom I’ll be back later to post actuals . Have a great evening.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey Quinn, you have to pull for the Steelers tonight, okay? How awesome would it be if it were NO and GB in the Superbowl!!
That would be a great game! NO has been playing great! Haven't they won like 5 or 6 in a row now? GB stunk on Sunday... too many injuries.

I'm kind of high on cold meds right now, but I think SF has to lose to give GB home field advantage. So, I'm all for a Steelers win although I can't stand Roethlisberger.

Hahahaha... all the lights just went out at the stadium! They should play like that! lol
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
That would be a great game! NO has been playing great! Haven't they won like 5 or 6 in a row now? GB stunk on Sunday... too many injuries.

I'm kind of high on cold meds right now, but I think SF has to lose to give GB home field advantage. So, I'm all for a Steelers win although I can't stand Roethlisberger.

Hahahaha... all the lights just went out at the stadium! They should play like that! lol
They should have brought some candle sticks to candle stick. yeah, I think it may be 6 in a row.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Pam—Thanks for the welcome!
I definitely understand the loving to cook healthy meals, but overeating. What I like to do is portion out what I’m going to eat and serving everyone else who is sharing my meal with me, put the leftovers away, and THEN sit down to eat. I find it really helps me rethink getting seconds.
I also love you goal of avoiding white foods. That’s a great general rule—I might have to borrow it next week!

Quinn--hope you feel better soon, especially with everything you have to do.

Darlene—I’m always open to questions about veganism or vegetarianism. I actually just realized the other day that I’ve been a non-meat-eater for over half my life now.
Best of luck with your goals—I like how you’ve set different limits for the week and the holidays. Very clever.

Mern—thanks for the welcome!

Mary—sounds like a reasonable plan for the week. As far as what to make, I’d suggest giving yourself some healthier, leaner options regardless of what your weigh-in says. That would still allow you to enjoy your family’s recipes while still mostly filling up on lower-calorie, more nutritious dishes.

Almeeker—the rabbits sound adorable! Please please please post pictures after Christmas? –puppy eyes-

Bindi—that sounds like a great plan to avoid the extra calories from alcohol. I love those sorts of clever cheats to get yourself out of diet-dangerous situations.
As far as your increase—100 g is nothing! One of my favorite quotes I’ve come across on a couple of different diet blogs regarding tiny gains like that: “If you had peed a little more before you weighed in, you’d have stayed the same!” I’m sure you’ll bounce back next week—don’t let it get you down.

Mike—NO and GB in the Superbowl? Psh, please. Rematch between Pittsburgh and Green Bay! (With Pittsburgh emerging victorious, of course. …three guesses where I’m from. )

Mhibdon—Congrats on your nice deficit today! And as for feeding yourself during finals—yes, please. I tend to use finals week (…and midterm week… and the last week of classes… hmmm…) as an excuse to pig out. Maybe not the healthiest thing in the world, but I like to think of it as a time-honored tradition.
As far as ex avoidance strategies: I’m with Bindi on this one. Avoid drama and go stalk the hot bartender elsewhere.

And for today’s wrap-up:
1. 72 oz of water:>100 oz!
2. Gym and/or run 6 days: Gym
3. BOTH gym and run at least two days: Not today
4. Daily calories under 1200: 1199!
5. Total calorie deficit of 7000: -1087 today
6. Weigh in daily, but don't get discouraged!:We’ll see tomorrow morning
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Problem with stalking the hot ex-bartender- He's now being a hermit and living with his girlfriend. Le sigh Though PPD might be driving down to visit for a couple days! Yay! I can't wait to burn some extra calories!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

1) lose 3 pounds (starting at 180.4)
2) 3 servings of veggies/fruit per day yes
3) no more that 3 servings of bread for the week 0
4) workout 3 times off
Old 12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Problem with stalking the hot ex-bartender- He's now being a hermit and living with his girlfriend. Le sigh Though PPD might be driving down to visit for a couple days! Yay! I can't wait to burn some extra calories!
I guess you didn't like the picture that I painted for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.