Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene,

Your cat is IDENTICAL to the one I had before Riley. She was my buddy for many years. I had to have her put down last fall due to a knee injury. I can't tell from the picture... is he buff and white or gray and white? Mine was gray and white. I can't believe it- they look like they could be from the same litter!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike...Sure blame the grocery people!! Overripe bananas are your punishment for not shopping a day or two earlier. Speaking of Winn Dixie....the company I work for just bought them. Which is funny, because way back in the day, like fresh out of high school, I worked for the W/D. I saw the news report about my company buying them and I had horrible flash backs. If I look hard enough, I'm pretty sure I have an old uniform and name tag. That may be my next Halloween costume for work.
I was a produce manager for several years at Winn Dixie. There should be good bananas everyday, assuming someone knows how to order. You can order yellow (slight green on the tips) and green (full green). Anytime I had a gap between trucks, I made sure I ordered enough green. If they come it too green you can speed up the ripening by leaving in the plastic. So you can actually time them so they are good every day. Of course you'll always have some that have been picked through and will turn b/c nobody wants them but there should always be plenty of good ones to chose from. So yeah, I don't really play the blame game though, never have, never will. Yeah I say that Bi-Lo bought them out.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

My dryer went out. Now I get to head down to the laundromat. It's a good thing that I've been working out b/c I had 4 BIG loads (towels, jeans, etc) in a contractor bag and had to carry it and put it in my car. Damn that stuff is heavy when it's wet.
Tomorrow I get to play Mr. Fixit.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I was a produce manager for several years at Winn Dixie. There should be good bananas everyday, assuming someone knows how to order. You can order yellow (slight green on the tips) and green (full green). Anytime I had a gap between trucks, I made sure I ordered enough green. If they come it too green you can speed up the ripening by leaving in the plastic. So you can actually time them so they are good every day. Of course you'll always have some that have been picked through and will turn b/c nobody wants them but there should always be plenty of good ones to chose from. So yeah, I don't really play the blame game though, never have, never will. Yeah I say that Bi-Lo bought them out.

I agree that there should never be overripe bananas. I guess it depends on the store you shop at. My produce manager is pretty good about his ordering, so our nanners always look good. The fact that we're in a very upscale neighborhood may have something to do with it too. Hopefully we'll hit 500K as a store again this week. Yeah, those W/D lackies don't know what's going to happen to them now that the Big Bad Bi-Lo is in charge. It's funny, I have more Weird Grocery Store Stories from the 2 1/2 years I worked at W/D than I do in almost 14 years with B-L....from rooftop robbers, to guns being pulled on people, to a lady's wig falling off. Nothing that exciting has happened at Bi-Lo
Old 12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My dryer went out. Now I get to head down to the laundromat. It's a good thing that I've been working out b/c I had 4 BIG loads (towels, jeans, etc) in a contractor bag and had to carry it and put it in my car. Damn that stuff is heavy when it's wet.
Tomorrow I get to play Mr. Fixit.
UGH, the few times I've had to go to the laundromat was a nightmare. All the tips in magazines about meeting men at laundromats are definitely not frequenting the ones around here....NOT pretty!!! Have fun with that!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

I would think the laundromat would be the last place to meet anyone. I say this as I look around at the people in here.

I can't think of any good WD stories. You do receiving, right?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Yup, receiving manager/all around paperwork girl.

Emmet today??
Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

1. Keep calories reasonable (maintenance ~1500-1600) M-F. 1436, burned 1641; 1301, burned 1676, 1634, burned 1739, 1696, burned 1632
2. Keep a water bottle going throughout the day. Yes, Meh-halfway, Halfway again, and again
3. Run a mile daily (doing this with son who will have to do it next semester in PE). Yes, Yes, Yes, No
4. Weights twice this week. One down
5. Tennis at least once this week.
6. Log everything and post every day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 7 hours of sleep. Yes, Fat chance of that this week, This goal has become absurd
8. Get on the scale everyday...not so much for the number, but for the reminder to be mindful. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
9. Don't totally lose control on Christmas Eve or Christmas!
10. Do shoulder exercises every day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

I am skipping the run tonight. I had another full day; at least this one is over now, as opposed to two in the morning like the past two have been. I'm going to sit on my butt and catch up on posts in a minute, then read for a while if I can stay awake. I didn't do so well on the calories today but hopefully I can make up for it tomorrow. Tasting various treats here and there (home and away) did me in. On the other hand, to be basically breaking even Christmas week is not too shabby, though if I remember correctly, it was after Christmas last year that all hell broke loose with my eating habits . I've had the thought that it would be easier not to post and log, but that leads straight to perdition and I know it, so I'm committing to doing both and hoping to stay accountable.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness

1--1300-1400 calories a day M-1672 Tu-1866 W-1211 Th-1194
2--limit the soda M-had 1 1/2 Tu- YES! W-I so failed today Th-meehhh....
3--lose 2 lbs M-didn't weigh Tu-didn't weigh W-WOOHOO! down 2, lets hope it holds out the rest of the week Th-didn't weigh

Life/Home

1--finish last 3 blankets--N,N,N,YES!!! I even had help (see pic below)
2--finish wrapping gifts--N,YES,N,N
3--bake all Christmas cookies--N,N,YES!!
4--do not kill coworkers, family or customers--Y,Technically. But in my fantasies they all died! ,I was off work today, YES, but I wanted to strangle our District Mgr
5--relax and enjoy everything--Y,kinda,Y,Y
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jasmine helping.jpg (49.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I love the picture of your cat. I'm sure he had a grand old time in the papers and boxes and bows. Is he interested in your tree at all? I hope you are feeling better by now.

Mike, I would think People of Laundromat would be right up there with People of Walmart. I'm sorry to hear about your dryer. We had WD in the first podunk town we moved to when we came south. Literally, people were in there in their bare feet and were smoking in the store; we had some grapes in our cart (or here, "buggy") and a few rolled out of the untied bag onto the floor. My husband started to pick them up and put them back and I had a shrieking fit that started with "You don't know what's been on that floor" and ended with "What kind of godforsaken place did you bring me to?!" WD was never a favorite or mine. So...too late to weigh in on the ring, but let us know how it goes over. Has Emmett show up yet? Oh, I did love that one!

Mern, I'm glad to see you poke your head in and also heartened to hear that Bethany came home to her family, especially in time for Christmas. No shame in not being on the wagon this week, my friend. Enjoy it, leave the guilt at the door, and know you'll be roaring back strong come next week.

Darlene, I'm laughing at your "bags of crack." I hope you got your barbecue. You've been working hard enough to be indulged . Thanks for putting up the pics of your cat; very handsome! I'm glad to hear that you have heat now. As organized as you were and then to have something like that happen...just damn.

Tori, hope you made your blanket deadline. "in my fantasies they all died," ROFL. Some days are like that! Just saw your recent post; Jasmine's adorable! Helper Cat is helpful.

April, congratulations on going down a size, and also finding jeans that fit so well. That's never easy and I'm glad your hard work is paying off for you.

mhibdon, hope you had yourself a good old time last night. Feels good to have another semester under your belt, doesn't it? Enjoy your well-earned time off! Joanna, you as well. Congrats again on your results this semester.

Torre, I hope today finds you recovered. I agree that was a frightening incident and I'm glad all's well that ended well. I had noticed a couple weeks ago after my 5K, once I got home and in the shower, my vision was completely disrupted, blurry, black spots. It went away, but I can imagine how that coupled with your other symptoms had you very concerned. That banana was a very smart thing. Here's to hoping it never happens again!

almeeker, are you hanging in? We want a play by play of how the bunnies go over Christmas morning! MIKE...her post a couple days ago made me think of peanut butter balls with Naturally More...oh, geez, how good would those be?

Well, one of my stressors is over for the time being; the semester ended with the second day of finals today. My son is prone getting himself worked up over things no matter how much we reason with him (Example: He has a 94 in Biology. The teacher drops the lowest test grade, even if it's the final. Does it pay to worry about the final? NO.). At any rate, I am so proud of him; he's handled his first semester of HS beautifully and I think he really surprised himself. I am glad to see him regain the confidence in his own abilities that seemed to have gone into hiding at the beginning of freshman year when he became a little fish in a much bigger pond. Over the winter break we are going to get his learner's permit. I'm not really sure how it's going to go, but I'll soon find out

Well, I surely hope that you and yours are well tonight. I am going to crash and crash hard. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.