Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, those cookies look awesome. I swear I can almost taste the sugar cookies. They look so soft! Tell me, are they undercooked to perfection? My mouth is watering right now. How long did it take to make all them? I guess y'all bake cookies for a living... or should. Those look like they came from a bakery.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

A quick check in before returning to Retail Hell...

I got all the blankets finished last night. YAY!! Once I actually buckled down, it really didn't take too long. I'm thinking a couple hours, max, for all 3. When Jasmine wasn't "helping" she was begging for my attention. So I had to keep stopping to play. She's lucky she's cute.

Will check back later when I can catch up on everything.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for sharing in the happiness of 13 year old friend Bethany getting to come home from the hospital in time for Christmas.

Just quickly skimmed. I know I'll miss posting replies to a host of you, but do know that I care about each and every one of you.

Cassie, sincere congrats on DS doing so well his first trimester of high school!

Mike, I'm sure you posted it, but did your brother's back surgery go OK? Yeah, wet laundry IS heavy. Hope you get your dryer fixed.

Darlene, those cookies surely do look great.

After giving it really sensible thought, I decided to reschedule my routine blood test that was set for Dec. 27. I've been off the wagon badly enough for about three weeks to skew my test results to looking like I need meds for blood sugar, triglycerides and/or cholesterol. I know what to do and how to do it, and I WILL do it. I just don't want to spend my and my insurance company's money on a blood test that will not give a true picture of how well I can and will continue to do without medication. My test is recheduled for February 22 since the A1C blood test measures the percentage of blood sugar over two months time. So not waiting until after Christmas--I got back on the wagon today. I'm cooking Christmas dinner, so I can have plenty of totally yummy diet friendly foods to go with the Christmas ham.

Last edited by Mern; 12-23-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, congrats on getting all the blankets done.

Mary, so glad you found the cat/s OK. Cute story about the broken mirror.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be around the thread Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but want to wish everyone traveling a happy and safe journey, and the warmth and love of family and friends to all.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, he surgery was a success, thanks for asking.

The mail came and still no Emmet.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-23-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
A quick check in before returning to Retail Hell...

I got all the blankets finished last night. YAY!!
Great going!!!

Originally Posted by Mern
Thanks, everyone, for sharing in the happiness of 13 year old friend Bethany getting to come home from the hospital in time for Christmas. After giving it really sensible thought, I decided to reschedule my routine blood test that was set for Dec. 27.
I was not "up" on what is going on with your 13-yr old friend, but here is one more person who is so glad for her home-coming. May Bethany experience a very meaningful Christmas.

I think that sounds wise about rescheduling your blood test.

Thank you Mern for the nice post Christmas message! (So do we now call it a postcard?)

Last edited by fit4luv; 12-23-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, wonderful news about your bro's back surgery. Thanks for saving me the time of backtracking through all the posts.

fit4luv, my young friend Bethany had surgery to remove part of her intestines and colon due to a massive infection caused by a hole in her intestines. They think the hole could have been torn from unknowingly swallowing something like a small piece of a sharp chicken bone or of a toothpick. Thanks for your kind wishes and I'll pass them on to her when I see her tomorrow. Glad you agree I made a wise decision on postponing my blood test. Yeah, I guess that IS a Christmas postcard. My BMI is around yours, I believe. I'm thinking it was 38 point something, but I've regained some. I also would like to lose about 80-90 pounds and reassess from there.

Last edited by Mern; 12-23-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Mary I am glad you found your missing cat the fireplace glad he’s ok.

Fit4luv Glad your computers up and running. Cookies are my daughters her passion is baking and thankfully sharing it with others most of the temptation has left the house she does make me organic oatmeal raisin cookies which I love and will eat without much guilt this holiday season. lol at the “post card”.

April Pj is 20lbs of muscle and fur he is the top cat in the neighborhood and walks around like the royal highness he thinks he is. The pics are of a hike I rarely do in the winter actually we normally hike the lake I will get some pics of it next time we go, the ocean wind is so cold at this time of year it makes the hike fairly unpleasant it is pretty though. I hope you enjoy your pizza.

Mike The cookies are crazy melt in your mouth goodness I am told I do not eat sugar cookies(thank goodness). My dd used to work in a bakery she is professionally trained but with her heart condition she can no longer work so every Christmas she turns my kitchen into a bakery for 2 weeks this year she made 2800 cookies.

Tori I am glad you got your blankets done.

Mern Good choice on delaying your blood tests you want to know a true result and holiday eating is really once a year so I am sure in a couple weeks of being back on your plan your results will be more accurate. Thanks for the well wishes you and yours have a great Christmas also.

Tea was fabulous she really enjoyed it and my dd loved preparing it. We had scones and cakes and mini sandwiches I didn’t eat any treats but had 1.5 sandwiches so now I am unfortunately up on carbs and my protein % is laughing at me so I guess dinner will be a protein shake. I have a few chores to do tonight hopefully they will burn a few calories off since I didn’t get my walk in today. I may try to hike tomorrow before all the festivities begin but that may be an impossible dream. Have a nice evening be back soon.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

After working on the dryer, I think I narrowed it down to the timer switch. Not feeling it's worth the $116 to dump in the old dryer I went to Sears and got a new one. I upgraded to a 7.3 cubic foot front loader. Got a smoking deal, it was $822 but was on sale for $499! Cha-Ching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.